Hi-Metal R

joppewo

By 1A, do you mean the CF? If so, that's disappointing. I was looking forward to having a correct adapter with my on-order CF 1A and Hikaru 1J to use with my other Hi Metals. I'd be curious to know if others have seen the same with theirs.

I've tried using the one that came with my VF-1S in plain fighter mode, and as Jenius shows in his video, you can sort of make it work, but it's by no means ideal.

Yes, I was referring to the CF.

cool! but.. nothing beats the v2 1:60 M&M's!! hehe! ;):D:good:

Always wondered, other than the pilots and super parts, any differences between Virgin Road VF-1J and the regular Max VF-1J?

Always wondered, other than the pilots and super parts, any differences between Virgin Road VF-1J and the regular Max VF-1J?

yeah as previously mentioned, Virgin Road is a VF-1D and the other a VF-1J. The Virgin Road has a different head unit, cockpit section and different chest and back plate sections. And the heat shield..

Edited by spanner

I personally like the fast pack color scheme of the HMR better. Looks more coherent and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb as much as the canon color scheme.

certain color matched parts do look better I'll admit but I prefer them as they are on the Yamato toys..

Edited by spanner

Maybe Bandai's Max and Milia HMR stands were "inspired" by this pic? :rolleyes:

Or maybe the guy who came up with the idea is now at Bandai?

gallery_12176_633_110769.jpg

Those clear parts always reminded me of the Arcade Valkyries. I'd definitely buy HMR versions.

post-21587-0-18562100-1476044085_thumb.png

So I hadn't seen anyone else attempt this yet on the HM-Rs so I decided to give it a shot.. I gloss coated the big wings just in case, but in hindsight you don't even have to do that. The plastic is plenty glossy just slap some dark dirt wash on, let it dry and wipe it off. Gonna do the rest of my 1A this week hopefully!

post-11393-0-14161900-1476064478_thumb.jpg

So I hadn't seen anyone else attempt this yet on the HM-Rs so I decided to give it a shot.. I gloss coated the big wings just in case, but in hindsight you don't even have to do that. The plastic is plenty glossy just slap some dark dirt wash on, let it dry and wipe it off. Gonna do the rest of my 1A this week hopefully!

was this for panel lines? looks cool if so. how do you plan on doing the rest of the figure?

Nice start. I had thought of trying something similar, but was unsure as to what stuff to use.

I did find this other page of where someone has done some nice panel line weathering to a original HM VF-1S:

http://schizophonic9.com/vfhimetal_vf1s.html

Got my VF-1A and the optional TV head is missing the ball joint that allows the head to snap on the torso. Anyone else missing it?

which part of the ball joint? does your tv head look like the one in the pic, if so you are not missing anything.

post-2743-0-80667800-1476066580_thumb.jpg

i had a missing part issue with the gundam metal build red frame flight unit and bandai delivered with the part no problem. take a pic of your reciept with a pic of what's missing and email it to the website on the box. it took a month or so bit i am complete now. dont worry.