Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I hope Monster pilots are provided adequate ear protection. :D

Amen to that!

I worked with a fellow who sailed on an Iowa class during Sandbox War 1. He said you feel big guns like the 16"(400mm) more than hear them. They wore excellent headgear, and most crew areas would use positive pressure to keep sound transfer down and push out fumes.

Hi everyone, just got interested in getting these figures and from what I see the pre-orders sold out damn quick even if I'm way late to the party. When do you guys think Bandai will do a second run? I just want 3 figures, the 2 VF-1S (Hikaru and Roy) and the blue VF-1J Maximilian Jenius.

You're very welcome sir! Its a great piece, enjoy!

Couldn't remember who posted the link. Thank you again!!! I'm visiting some friends in Royal Palm Beach so I took the chance and ordered the Monster. I'm carrying it back to Argentina and I won't be hit by customs so that's a plus. I had cancelled the one I preordered at HLJ.

Big deal I paid the same price for mine plus $60 more for shipping :(

I had anoher Monster on preorder with HLJ but I cancelled it. It would have probably cost me $60/90 shipping it to Argentina (South America) and %50 custom taxes on top of that!! So yeah a great deal.

post-557-0-09001500-1471028601_thumb.jpg

My guess is that they are taking a December break from hmr. They were an every 2 month release until recently and now there will be one a month for September, October and November. If there is a January release we will probably hear about it towards the end of the month. Hoping for more destroids or a tv q rau.

So what is the quality like for the high metal r valkyries? Lets say in comparison to yamato

Comparing Apples to Oranges - especially if you're talking about Yamato/Arcadia's v2 1/60.

The Hi Metal R's are very well done for small scale 1/100 Valkyries, and are light years ahead of anything else folks *cough* Toynami *cough* is putting out in the same scale.

Yamato/Arcadia's 1/60 scale are in a class by themselves, besides adherence to line art, detail, etc. - and no one is competing with them in this space (especially VF-1).

-b.

Comparing Apples to Oranges - especially if you're talking about Yamato/Arcadia's v2 1/60.

The Hi Metal R's are very well done for small scale 1/100 Valkyries, and are light years ahead of anything else folks *cough* Toynami *cough* is putting out in the same scale.

Yamato/Arcadia's 1/60 scale are in a class by themselves, besides adherence to line art, detail, etc. - and no one is competing with them in this space (especially VF-1).

-b.

Would you say the quality is similar to yamato? Obviously taking the scale difference into account. I mean more like durability

Would you say the quality is similar to yamato? Obviously taking the scale difference into account. I mean more like durability

The durability is pretty good. You can play with them. As with all Bandai lroducts you have to watch for loosening joints but there are ways to fix that mostly. They're fun little Battroid figures.

Cool that's good news. Thanks

The HMR vf-1 is totally different from the yamato in term of build and quality, the HMR feels more like a toy in the hand. The yamato has a much snug fit gap and IMO a better plastic material which looks more like a Bandai PG or MG model kit.. You have to have both toys in the hands to see the difference by yourself.

Bandai's Glaug and Regult look very close to yamato arcadia in term of build and materials.

The HMR vf-1 is totally different from the yamato in term of build and quality, the HMR feels more like a toy in the hand. The yamato has a much snug fit gap and IMO a better plastic material which looks more like a Bandai PG or MG model kit.. You have to have both toys in the hands to see the difference by yourself.

Bandai's Glaug and Regult look very close to yamato arcadia in term of build and materials.

Totally agree. The monster is like the Yamato destroids quality.

The hmr valkyries shoulders are designed so that they can pop off but aren't part formers. The hmr are fun toys. The Yamato V2 early pieces had exploding shoulders so they're not play toys. But Yamato looks so good in the display.