Hi-Metal R

joppewo

400mm shells would be 4mm at the 1/100 scale (Natch). I will have to take a look at the footage of the MKI firing to see what kind of extraction base the "brass" has.

Addendum: After watching this:

I see that the MkI uses a smooth cannister shell with no extraction tooling. The MKII is a newer model relatively and may use a gas, atomized, and/or hypergolic propellant. I sort of remember mention of an advanced propellant method being used.

thanks for the video. didn't know the monster had hands. this vid seems the different monsters have different shooting animations.

this review vid is in Japanese (?) but it's pretty decent

Edited by beatsing

Thanks Beatsing, sadly that MKII firng video is region blocked (US).

After some reading most sources state that the main guns are liquid cooled but use conventional propellant. The MkI is different as it has the hands and four separate ejection hatches for the main guns. As far as I know the MkI and MkII both use the same base artillery guns.

I hate seeing sales after paying for a pre-order. You hope pre-ordering gets you a great price for an early hold. A pre-order is really just a guaranty that you won't have to track one down later. Sometimes they cost more after the release date and sometimes less. I just feel better when the Price increases after the release date.

With the sales popping up, and the great pictures/reviews here that give me a better idea of how much space the monster really needs, I think I have finally talked myself into picking up one copy to add to my collection. It seems too unique/rare to pass up. And it looks very, very nice. ^_^

With the sales popping up, and the great pictures/reviews here that give me a better idea of how much space the monster really needs, I think I have finally talked myself into picking up one copy to add to my collection. It seems too unique/rare to pass up. And it looks very, very nice. ^_^

Every Macross fan needs a Monster.

Screw it

Just ordered one on AE, I had to cancel mine from HLJ due to the shipping costs (The mexican peso exchange rate doesnt help either) but with the discount it makes it a little less painfull

Also the overwhelming good opinions about it.........

Anybody knows the weight of the Monster with package?

I pulled the trigger with AE but forgot to see the shipping estimates. It costs a lot to my country even with the 10% discount.

HLJ sent mine with a list weight of 11.2 lbs/5.08kgs

Scratch that weight. I forgot that there were other items in the box. HLJ lists the weight as 2290g.

Edited by Boobytrap

Anybody knows the weight of the Monster with package?

I pulled the trigger with AE but forgot to see the shipping estimates. It costs a lot to my country even with the 10% discount.

It shows on the items info under packet weight 2900 gram

unless that ebay seller is out of stock, theres no reason at all to get the monster from anywhere else. that price is unbeatable.

In my case, the AE deal is more convenient. The reason is that I will get an invoice with the price of the item of less than $200. In my country toys that don't exceed that price, don't pay customs tax, which is around 26% of the price including shipping.

Edited by takatoys

Is that the old Hi-Metal YF-19S? Looks better proportioned than I remembered. If it is, I might try and snatch one at some point.

It's the old Bandai VF-19S model kit that scales a little better with HMR.

In my case, the AE deal is more convenient. The reason is that I will get an invoice with the price of the item of less than $200. In my country toys that don't exceed that price, don't. pay custom tax, which is around 26% of the price including shipping.

wow. that's steep. well i stand corrected. glad it worked out for you.

my destroid is on customs, but sadly tonight im going on holiday to Orlando, guess i wont be seeing it till end of the month :/

normally you don't see someone feel sad to be going on holiday but when it means not being able to receive your long awaited Monster before you leave resulting in an even longer wait then its perfectly understandable.. :cray: