Hi-Metal R

joppewo

repeating what another poster said (by the way, thank you, original poster!!!)

this seller has the monster for less than 230 shipped. best price ive seen anywhere. i just got mine in the mail and I only ordered a few days ago.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/322216961635?_mwBanner=1

Ouch! This is the third time its happened to me recently with USD 300+ Bandai Chogokins (Gaogaigar, Gunbuster and the Monster).

I pre-order to avoid scalper prices, and then they end up USD-50-70 less shipped on Ebay.

Oh well, you just never know...

Edited by arbit

These scales are all crazy. I expected the HMR Monster to be about half the size it is.

This is an image of the 1/200 kit next to the Koenig Monster.

post-18429-0-01248200-1470511080_thumb.jpg

Nice Subey mate! :good:

Yep the G8 & Chevy SS are a Commodore! but in left hand drive.. the Pontiac G8 was built using the VE model range (06-13) which were good but the Chevy SS uses the newer VF range (13-present) which even though are pretty much the same chassis / platform with updated styling and specs, but have been upgraded and improved significantly! The VF dynamics & build quality are a leap and bound improvement over the VE! I drove a used low mileage VE series 2 before I finally decided to buy new instead and the new VF drove sooo much better! The difference is actually quite astonishing! it was really chalk and cheese! :o I was sold! I had to have one! :D

suppose this should probably continue in the automotive thread! LOL! :lol::rolleyes:

Thanks Spanner! Yeah i heard amazing improvements were made to the Commodore/G8 platform. Enjoy your whip mate!

I am sorry everyone, my gear head took over me :unsure:

We will continue this in the automotive thread.

Edited by vlenhoff

Ok guys---time for a serious scale discussion on The Monster -- what do you guys think? I'm looking to get some tiny 1/72/HO Scale/TT Scale/or N Scale figures and military vehicles to put with the Monster..What do we kinda all agree on this thing being the closest to???

1:72???

HO???= about 1:87

TT??? = about 1:120

N??? = about 1:148-1:160

Edited by derex3592

HO scale maybe? I got one of Mike's 1/72 Monstar's and it's definitely bigger than this one.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see the thread in the model section with the monstar.

Edited by wmkjr

I am looking forward to the Scorched Earth Toys review on the HWR. The comparisson shots with the "Yammie" and RS/DX VB-6's will spare me having to dig them out of storage.

Okay so a little bit of bad news. With any luck I'll be posting my review tonight BUT I probably won't add the pictures with the Yamato and Bandai Koenig toys until Monday.

Ugh. I keep trying to convince myself I don't need this simply because I just bought a toy and I'm on a budget. But dangit I've wanted a monster since forever!

So are we in agreement he is 1/87 scale? If I but one I totally wanna customize stuff to go with him

I am actually getting 1/110. Here is a pic with my 1/72nd scale body. My 72nd scale kit has a body length of 13 inches. The Hi Metal 8.5 inches. When you convert 13 inches in 72nd scale to 8.5 inches it converts to 1/110 scale.

IMG_3325_zpsavb5ozdc.jpg

I will say that my measurements to get 1/72nd when i was patterning the kit was to double the size of the old 1/144 Yellow sub kit. So who knows if that was right, there is a pic of the leg with a 1/72nd scale valk.

011_zps01cc3162.jpg

And one with a 1/60 valk just for comparison. If my kit was closer to 1/60 then the Hi Metal would be like 1/90 ish.

008_zps8e5e132a.jpg

Edited by mslz22

Oh, i just looked back at Macross Manual, and it says over 41 Meters long. So in 1/72nd it would be about 22.4 inches long, which my kit is from the barrel to the back of the body. The Hi Metal is 15.5 so it looks like its just about 1/104 scale if you want to get very technical and believe the Macross Manual at all.

Edited by mslz22

Amazon has a pack of like 100 1/100 figures for like $5 shipped from China. Might try some of those..just paint them OD green and some orange for maintenance crew.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JVNLTAC/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687742&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00EQ29CA2&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=ZQGVQAQZFMER1D49MYXP

Edited by titob0y

Hmm. I wonder if it will be worth the extra work to return my monster at HLJ private warehouse and getting that eBay one for 230 shipped

You have 10 days to return it for full refund.

From HLJ.

As paid items in your Private Warehouse are already purchased, they cannot be "cancelled." Private Warehouse paid items can be processed as returns, however, and we will issue a 100% cash refund for returned Private Warehouse paid items up to 10 days from the original date of your payment. After 10 days a full refund of item cost is not possible, but we will issue an 85% store credit (not cash) for the item amount, which will be applied to your next transactions.

My review is up! I figured it was appropriate I pull out the big guns for the video... you'll see what I mean. In the meantime, here's my scale comparison:

That review was... interesting.