Hi-Metal R

joppewo

*snips x 3*

Cool stand!

edit: EMS shipping to here is 4820yen through HLJ though I'm a little bit closer than the CONTUS if it makes a difference. Must be a regional thing as it's the same to ship to Australia.

Edited by wmkjr

Order Number: 206169978

HI-METAL R HWR-00-MKII Destroyed Monster "Macross: Do You Remember Love?"

Unit price 22,890 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 22,890 JPY

Subtotal: 22,890 JPY

Shipping: 5,690 JPY

Grand total: 28,580 JPY

Shipping method: SAL Parcel

Payment method: PayPal

** All available shipping methods and their costs will be displayed on the payment page.

Please proceed to the payment page if you wish to modify your shipping method or check the costs of other shipping methods.

i got this if i send it to miami, thought it would be cheaper, any idea how much is it to usa on EMS_

AmiAmi charged me ¥6,740 to ship to California via EMS... Edited by Old Man

AmiAmi seems to have erroneously (or purposefully) swapped the shipping costs between EMS and Airmail Registered.....every other site has shipping the complete opposite, with EMS being in the 5700 range and Airmail being in the 6700 range.....basterds!

Looks like CDJapan was the cheapest option for US bound Monsters.....25,000 JPY

So want to own one. Do the cannons droop or are they clicky joints for vertical and horizontal posing?

This is one of the Himetal I think I would have preferred if they let us assemble it despite being a toy. This could save on shipping,

Why? EMS/SAL etc don't bill by volumetric weight anyway. Heavy toy = expensive to ship.

Cool stand!

edit: EMS shipping to here is 4820yen through HLJ though I'm a little bit closer than the CONTUS if it makes a difference. Must be a regional thing as it's the same to ship to Australia.

NY charged me 6000yen for postage to Sydney Aus totalling 29080yen.. but i guess im not so fussed as i just want the bloody thing!

Edited by spanner

My thoughts exactly. That's not real die-cast.

But explain difference between forged and cast.

Are they mixing plastic with the "die-cast".

You forge a sword, you cast jewelry.

Forging = take an ingot of metal and place it in a forming die where it is struck by a hammer or press to be shaped. The compressive forces result in a very hard but brittle part; it's then heat treated to give it its final strength and resiliency. Forging is labor intensive and expensive. See here

Casting = molten metal or resin is poured into a mold, like filling an ice cube tray, where it flows into its cavities which are the negatives of the final part... nowhere near as strong as forging, but it is much simpler and cheaper. The biggest problem with casting metal is that if the metal's or molds' temperatures or subsequent cooling is off there is always the possibility of defective parts due to inadequate density or microscopic gas bubbles that weaken the parts, defects that are not readily apparent but make the parts vulnerable to shear, bending, and torque stresses. See here

Die Casting = metal casting under pressure; in a sense it is somewhat similar to injection molding for plastic. See here

Edited by mechaninac

This is the last heavyweight import I'm buying for a long time. Shipping is killing collecting.

collecting is killing collecting! :wacko::rolleyes: not just the shipping but everything is slowly becoming very expensive.. for many it will mean being a little more specific with what one chooses to collect. I guess im glad Macross is essentially my only collection hobby.

NY charged me 6000yen for postage to Sydney Aus totalling 29080yen.. but i guess im not so fussed as i just want the bloody thing!

Must be a retailer thing as mickyg had the same shipping price and I think he's in Australia. Sometimes NY is cheaper than HLJ (when I use the airmail option) for me. Strange though if I include all my other stuff in PW, Fedex is cheaper than EMS. Just need the Mac 0 version next, claws and all!

Must be a retailer thing as mickyg had the same shipping price and I think he's in Australia. Sometimes NY is cheaper than HLJ (when I use the airmail option) for me. Strange though if I include all my other stuff in PW, Fedex is cheaper than EMS. Just need the Mac 0 version next, claws and all!

Due to the amount of stuff HLJ shipped out , they do get a volume discount with Fedex. A huge box by Fedex might be 8000 yen while EMS will cost you 11500. I always use Fedex to ship my PW.

The new DHL service from AmiAmi is just expensive since they charge by volume weight. I can't really see anyone using it unless they are buying something very small and heavy .

The scale of the Monster looks absolutely fine to me.

post-21587-0-63723300-1469854773_thumb.gif

Cool pics! :)

Thanks jvmacross.

Cool stand!

Yeah I love the Glaug stand. It can be used in so many different ways.

Edited by sh9000

Not sure what happened with cdjapan....they usually are not the most economical option

You bought between 2 sites or just one?

maybe the cheaper ems is because they're gonna send it in a smaller ems box size? Maybe the rest are packaging bigger size for all the bubble wrap? I'm guessing because my glaug from cdjapan came in a box that was only bubble on the sides, not the top nor bottom. amiami had wrap all around and a cardboard frame to keep it in the middle

yeah he in Melbourne.. I think most of the sellers all do their own slightly different thing with postage charges.. some make more sense than others.