Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I'm looking at the currency rates for us about to bring in the Monster.

Looking at the chart, the USD/JPY rate is already back to the July week-pre-Brexit levels of 106 USD/JPY.

So that's good, because it fell to 100 USD/JPY the day after the vote.

However, what's interesting in that the rate was already trending down below the 120 USD/JPY level from February 2016.

Which means our toys were going to be more expensive for the foreseeable regardless of Brexit.

There could be two general reasons for the rate coming down back in February before Brexit, 1) currency markets expected Brexit will succeed and bet on it doing so, or 2) "other" economic market reasons caused rate to go down, irrespective of Brexit.

post-18429-0-80765000-1468999702_thumb.png

Edited by arbit

I'm looking at the currency rates for us about to bring in the Monster.

Looking at the chart, the USD/JPY rate is already back to the July week-pre-Brexit levels of 106 USD/JPY.

So that's good, because it fell to 100 USD/JPY the day after the vote.

However, what's interesting in that the rate was already trending down below the 120 USD/JPY level from February 2016.

Which means our toys were going to be more expensive for the foreseeable regardless of Brexit.

There could be two general reasons for the rate coming down back in February before Brexit, 1) currency markets expected Brexit will succeed and bet on it doing so, or 2) "other" economic market reasons caused rate to go down, irrespective of Brexit.

Yeah, I noticed that my purchases were getting more and more expensive...

When I end up paying for that Monster, it's gonna hurt a little more than I was expecting.

My 8 CF VF-1A's will go in one of the shelves of the Detolf while the Monster will either go on top or in another Detolf.

I did some rough measurements of my Ikea Klingsbo shelf area and according to my calculations the HWR Monster won't fit.. not even on an angle.. -_- Its those cannons which are the problem! :huh:

So it looks like its gonna be sitting on my desk in the meantime.. :rolleyes:

I think the Zentraedi soldier and the varitech should be 7 cm to be in scale with that Regult.

7cm is to the knee of the valkyrie... I rather have the soldier scaled to the valk than the regult since it can't get in there anyway. Like your avatar! lol.

Just a quick question as I am really tempted to get one of these Monsters, The only destroids I have are the old Matchbox (full size plastic Tomahawk, Defender & Spartan) versions, would they look weird side by side with this Monster? I'm not really sure what scale they are.

@spanner, if anything should loosen just apply some nail polish, works wonders! B))

Glad my Monsters are paid for.

Just a quick question as I am really tempted to get one of these Monsters, The only destroids I have are the old Matchbox (full size plastic Tomahawk, Defender & Spartan) versions, would they look weird side by side with this Monster? I'm not really sure what scale they are.

They're 1/72.