Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'm going to finally get to play with..errr..study my Glaug tonight. At first glance, some of the red plastic does look kinda cheap, perhaps a slightly darker red would have been a better choice. So the model guy in me is thinking "ohh man, I can't wait to panel line and weather this thing up so it looks awesome!", while the other part of me just wants to play with the darn thing and have fun...been waiting for this toy since 1985! No way to get more than one of these..display space has reached CRITICAL MASS at my place, so I guess I'm gonna have to make a choice... :wacko:

mine is still at hlj warehouse but i'm going to ship it soon. other than the red canopy, everything else looks amazing.

LOL!! That pic wins MacrossWorld today. Fact. :lol::lol::lol:

Maybe it will get posted on the MW facebook page.

ok.. I'll try that. In the meantime, some friends have joined the party!!! Curse you Bandai I want the VF-1J NOW!

Where is the Zentradi figure from?

One thing I can say for sure is HMR looks good together and in numbers.

As for the glaug, it's awesome. But.... After a quick check, light can't pass through eye sensor from the inside like the regults. Small bummer but just one Easter egg less. Hope u guys are enjoying yours too

post-6467-0-00324100-1464915700_thumb.jpeg

anybody having a bitch of a time getting the little red antenna to peg in??? I CAN'T get mine to go in!!!

^ yes

The peg-and-post pair has a very slight D-shape to it, so it only fit in at its one very specific angle.

I had trouble doing it until I lifted the canopy and braced it with the fingertips of one hand on the inside surface while pushing the antenna in with the other.

that must be why it magically went in while i was playing around with it

Maybe it will get posted on the MW facebook page.

Where is the Zentradi figure from?

It was a resin figure included with one of the small scale Zentradi Capital Ship models from back in the day. I think it came with Kamjin's ship.

Guest davidwhangchoi

damn that fake looking red window :(

everything else is amazing. drool :wub:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

damn that fake looking red window :(

everything else is amazing. drool :wub:

Why do you keep calling it a window? Looks fine and anime accurate to me. Could use a little panel lining I suppose.

Edited by sharky

Guest davidwhangchoi

Why do you keep calling it a window? Looks fine and anime accurate to me. Could use a little panel lining I suppose.

bc it looks like a cheap window

Guest davidwhangchoi

It's more like a heat shield, I'm sure I've seen many scratches in many early color art illustration by Yoshiyuki Takani.

yeah, i see the eye in front so definitely know it's like armor, it just looks out of place. maybe after someone panel lines it, it'll look decent.

Bbrain, Great collection.

Saburo's pics always look better than the real thing! Amazing photography.

Derex, nice paint job on that Kamjin. I wish i had those skills and not five thumbs.

Edited by arbit