Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I just got my hi metal R vf-1s Roy version in the mail. I have have the original VF-1s Hi Metal release for some years now already.

...the new Roy model is a little too dark gray in color. I prefer the whiter original version...

If possible, would you mind sharing a picture of the two of them side by side? I'm most curious to see the white/gray comparison. Thanks!

If possible, would you mind sharing a picture of the two of them side by side? I'm most curious to see the white/gray comparison. Thanks!

Check Jenius' review on his Anymoon site. But just in case, you don't want to check his site. Let me grab a pic from his site. :lol:

HMR-Hikaru-VF-1S-8.jpg

HMR-Hikaru-VF-1S-15.jpg

I'm sure you don't mind Hikaru VF-1S instead of Roy's. ^_^

Excellent point!

But if you have to pay return shipping for the exchange it won't be worth it .

And let's say by the time your return gets to them , the Roys are all sold out or NY want you to pay the difference from what you paid to what the omg price they are selling at. Or the just straight up give you a refund of the valk only .

Got my Roy in today, and it's missing a piece. :( but I did get the limited stand even though I placed the order after they started shipping. And given the n-y is the company I went through I have no recourse. Well at least it's not a major piece.

Are a lot of people missing this piece? I'm missing one also... my fault though.

Check Jenius' review on his Anymoon site. But just in case, you don't want to check his site. Let me grab a pic from his site. :lol:

I'm sure you don't mind Hikaru VF-1S instead of Roy's. ^_^

Thanks for grabbing the picture and throwing it up here, and for the reminder to refer to jenius' site (so much good stuff there).

I guess that's what I'm curious about is if the Hikaru and Roy VF-1S are the same gray or if the Roy is even darker. The promo pics from Tamashii suggest the Roy is a bit darker, but of course those are just promo pics, and the Hikaru is definitely a bit more gray (at least mine is) than their promo pics suggest.

I should hopefully have my Roy in a day or two, so I can compare them then.

Thanks for grabbing the picture and throwing it up here, and for the reminder to refer to jenius' site (so much good stuff there).

I guess that's what I'm curious about is if the Hikaru and Roy VF-1S are the same gray or if the Roy is even darker. The promo pics from Tamashii suggest the Roy is a bit darker, but of course those are just promo pics, and the Hikaru is definitely a bit more gray (at least mine is) than their promo pics suggest.

I should hopefully have my Roy in a day or two, so I can compare them then.

Anytime. Glad to be of help. ;)

But if you have to pay return shipping for the exchange it won't be worth it .

And let's say by the time your return gets to them , the Roys are all sold out or NY want you to pay the difference from what you paid to what the omg price they are selling at. Or the just straight up give you a refund of the valk only .

Yeah, unfortunately that's the risk some of us take with importing these. Definitely some pros & cons to be weighed. Hopefully it all works out for everyone though.

Are a lot of people missing this piece? I'm missing one also... my fault though.

Yours is only the second mention of this missing piece I believe. And, out of curiosity, how is it your fault?

Edited by RDX17

Jenius reported the same missing piece from his original hikaru hi-metal VF-1J. Someone else noted that the piece is prone to fall off.

That's too bad. I know there are a lot of pieces to these things though.

Hopefully it's not too prevalent an issue on this or future releases.

Edited by RDX17

The only valkyrie I've opened so far is the1j armored. That flap on the back has a tight fit and doesn't seem loose on it. Hopefully that one was just that one. Having a missing piece like that would anger me completely.

Received my VF-1S (Roy) today. The Gerwalk thruster cover was attached, however one side had popped out of its socket.

It will stay firmly locked in position when completely opened/closed, but when in the process of opening/closing that same side pops out. The peg on the side that pops out appears to be just slightly shorter than the other side. A minor issue for me, but one that seems to be affecting others a bit more significantly to be sure.

Also, it's the same gray as my VF-1S (Hikaru).

Edited by RDX17

Hello,

Fellow Macross fans thanks again for all the info on shipping and import taxes posted a few days ago. It was greatly appreciated. So about the quality of the Bandai "Hi-Metal R" vf-1s Roy Fokker 1:100 valkryie, it seems that lately that some people have had issues with the toy being complete. Is this common with bandai toys in general or is it really a freak occurance? Also what do you call that piece that is missing? Did the member that reached out to Nippon Yasan hear anything back from them as far as replacement of the part was concerned? Any info is, as always, greatly appreciated. Thanks again in advance.

I got my VF-1S Roy yesterday and happy to report that I didn't have one issue. I haven't had a chance to transform it but mine was not missing the "Rear Flap Thingy." All the joints were tights in battroid mode and I wasn't missing any accessories. Hopefully everyone else has the same experience.

But it should be down in gerwalk mode. You only use it to cover them in fighter mode. So, maybe just thruster cover...flap thingy

But it covers the gerwalk thrusters when in other modes, thus is why I suggested Gerwalk thruster cover.

Edited by Loop

But it covers the gerwalk thrusters when in other modes, thus is why I suggested Gerwalk thruster cover.

It only covers the thrusters in one mode (fighter). One could just as easily call it a Battriod thruster cover flap thing-a-ma-jig.

But the purpose of those thrusters is for forward propulsion in GERWALK mode... hence GERWALK thrusters... hence GERWALK thruster covers.

EDIT - yes, this is a silly conversation, since those thrusters are covered n fighter mode anyway, there's no real need for a cover flap anyway.

Edited by jenius

Yeah, unfortunately that's the risk some of us take with importing these. Definitely some pros & cons to be weighed. Hopefully it all works out for everyone though.

Yours is only the second mention of this missing piece I believe. And, out of curiosity, how is it your fault?

I saw it on the floor and picked it up but I forgot where I put it... lol.