Hi-Metal R

joppewo

That happen to me too on preowned items before. But I emailed them and ask if they can use RSAL shipping on the item since it's small and light. They email me back with the RSAL shipping..

They even help me split up some items to 2 boxes so it can be shipped RSAL instead of EMS when I asked them to.

Interesting.

I should try that if I try them again.

Last time, tho, the item gets cart-jacked by the time I hit the final order button... :5:

Well, the preowned items that Ami pulled the EMS-only shenanigans on me was priced way below that.

One was the preowned RD Tallgeese III EW that I caught them pricing at around 2500y a couple of months ago. Got it in my cart and the shipping was EMS-only at around 3000y or so. WTF?!? :angry: No SAL or even R-SAL option. :wacko:

There were several other under-4k yen items from last year that I tried to get, but ami pretty

much blocked me by only offering EMS shipping on any of them.

It's not all the time, tho, but it was enough that I pretty much stopped purchasing any preowned items from them. :touche:

Not defending those guys or anything but they never pulled such a stunt on me. Whether it be pre owned. Maybe it also depends on the destination of the purchase. The farther from Japan the more the "registered" requirement.

I'd be happy to see a vf-1 released that wasn't a roy or hikaru 1s scheme. Not because i don't like them rather because they've been done to death.

Well don't look over in the What's Next for Arcadia thread.

<_<

Seriously, I'm really curious to see what Bandai can or will do with a newly designed DX scaled VF-1 (1/55!!!).

-b.

Yeah i saw which was what prompted my comment. Looks like arcadia is serious about only releasing hero only valks. It doesn't look good for M&Ms, elint etc.

Sadly I agree.

Can't really think of anything on-topic to say about HMR, so I'll just add that the Roy Focker VF-1S should be released very, very soon. :ph34r:

-b.

<_<

Seriously, I'm really curious to see what Bandai can or will do with a newly designed DX scaled VF-1 (1/55!!!).

-b.

See, Spanner. Even Kanedas Bike is curious. I'm curious too. ^_^

Yeah i saw which was what prompted my comment. Looks like arcadia is serious about only releasing hero only valks. It doesn't look good for M&Ms, elint etc.

Don't fret sir. You'll never know. Maybe Arcadia will reissue those once Bandai releases their HM-R counterparts. ;)

Sadly I agree.

Can't really think of anything on-topic to say about HMR, so I'll just add that the Roy Focker VF-1S should be released very, very soon. :ph34r:

-b.

Me too. ;) But how about this. I should say the HM-R looks nice for its size. :rolleyes:

But seriously, would still love to get the Destroy but don't want to start another line for it. ^_^

I hope Bandai continues with the Hi-Metal R 1/100 series. I'd love to see the following made available:

DYRL VF-1A Super - Hikaru variant

DYRL VF-1A Super - Max variant

SDFM VF-1J - Max variant (possibly in the next release wave?)

SDFM VF-1A - Cavaliers (not likely)

SDFM VF-1J - Macross the First (just dreaming)

Regult Scout

Tomahawk (possibly in the next release wave?)

I'd like to see the Fan Racer released as well, although a 1/100 scale would be a bit small.

Edited by RDX17

Post your thoughts on that Re:Edit Hulkbuster.

The Re:Edit Hulkbuster is awesome! Honestly one of the best figures I have purchased to date. Sentinel did a fantastic job on the paint with the high gloss red and different gold metallic shades throughout the armor. Definitely the heaviest piece I have bought from Sentinel with lots of diecast. The joints have this perfect tension of being able to move and hold a pose without difficultly. The best surprise was how well they hide the battery compartments for the LED lights. The chest batteries are actually in the pylons stick up in the back. They separate to hold two batteries each and have a metal connector that pops in and out easily. It's like handling a Hot Toys figure expect smaller and alot more playable which is a big plus for me. I could never justify buying a $200+ toy that you can't pose or play with.

And I have always been a fan of the Iron Man comic so this design is perfect. The movie armors are great but I don't have the same connection to them like I do with the comics. I only hope they keep going with this line and do some of the more obscure armors. It was definitely worth the money and wait.

I hope Bandai continues with the Hi-Metal R 1/100 series. I'd love to see the following made available:

DYRL VF-1A Super - Hikaru variant

DYRL VF-1A Super - Max variant

SDFM VF-1J - Max variant (possibly in the next release wave?)

SDFM VF-1A - Cavaliers (not likely)

SDFM VF-1J - Macross the First (just dreaming)

Regult Scout

Tomahawk (possibly in the next release wave?)

I'd like to see the Fan Racer released as well, although a 1/100 scale would be a bit small.

I hope that Bandai also can be release a VF-1D, but with long canopy, like it's for real, like Hasegawa model kit... :wub:

geez! ok ok I suppose they're allowed to make one (only one!) DX VF-1! :rolleyes::p

Hahaha! :lol: But the question is, if ever they decide to make one VF-1's, which VF-1 (and I mean 'only one' since you said 'only one!') you would like to be made? :rolleyes:

It can't be Hikaru only or Roy only or Max or Millia only (even Kakizaki :ph34r: ) or the Cannon Fodders by their own, right? ^_^

...and make it snappy.

I agree, although looking at the original announcement, the pre-order timeline, and the release date of this first wave, I'd say calm, cleansing breaths and some patience will be required.

If I'm not mistaken, the HMR's were announced in November 2014, the first available pre-order was May 2015, the first release was September 2015, and we're still waiting for the VF-1S (April '16), the Glaug (May '16) and the Monster (July '16). A year-and-a-half from announcement to completion. Not complaining or criticizing, just trying to put the timeline into perspective.

So, if there is a second wave announced later this year, and they follow the same schedule, we're looking at the next actual release date starting in September 2017. A little over a year away. Not too bad, all things considered. It should hopefully give us all time to reinforce our bank accounts. :)

Edited by RDX17

I agree HM-R may slow down a bit. The lack of global rights keeps Macross down. It will always be a niche until that is cleared up, probably never...

Edited by arbit

I hope that Bandai also can be release a VF-1D, but with long canopy, like it's for real, like Hasegawa model kit... :wub:

I agree, that would be a nice addition.

It will probably be sooner.

I wouldn't mind this at all.