Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Thanks for mentioning Nippon-Yasan I just order the VF-1S Roy...I mean Me type. I hate that you can only find Me at a markup. That makes one Regult and 3 pre-orders for Me, Glaug & Monster. I don't think I'll army build a bunch of VF-1s. I've already a half a dozen Yamatos. One Hi-metal VF-1 should be enough.

Besides villain mecha this line has another great thing going for it. The smaller scale. I love the detail you get with a large scale but that usually comes with a higher shipping cost. I like seeing cheaper shipping.

Impressive but what do you do with that many after you're done taking table pictures of them? Do they all go back in their boxes and buried in a supply closet? Do they have enough display cabinet space to display them all at once?

Those guys probably just brought all of their Regults to take pictures. Unless these were the guys at international customs taking so long with my packages. :lol:

Edited by sh9000

Thanks for mentioning Nippon-Yasan I just order the VF-1S Roy...I mean Me type. I hate that you can only find Me at a markup. That makes one Regult and 3 pre-orders for Me, Glaug & Monster. I don't think I'll army build a bunch of VF-1s. I've already a half a dozen Yamatos. One Hi-metal VF-1 should be enough.

Besides villain mecha this line has another great thing going for it. The smaller scale. I love the detail you get with a large scale but that usually comes with a higher shipping cost. I like seeing cheaper shipping.

"Me type"! Rotfl

Agree with the smaller scale as long as the level if detail is sufficiently high

HMR%20Regult%2004.jpg

Toynami, HMR and Revolt. I have to say out of the three, the HMR is the best.

if the HMR in the middle is supposed to be 1/100, then that makes the two Revo's on the right more like ~1/144.

i know the Revo's were released as non-scale but i also recall some reviews state they were 1/100-ish

was there ever a Scout variant of the Revo?

"Me type"! Rotfl

Agree with the smaller scale as long as the level if detail is sufficiently high

The detail is actually pretty nice on the Hikaru VF-1S HiMR, I was pleasantly surprised.

I just got that because I didn't understand why it said "Me" at first.

Ha! I just got that after reading both of your posts. :lol:

I'm still sticking with the thought that Bandai just just apply the updates with regards to transformation, details, gimmicks, etc. to a renewal 1/55 scale line of Valks. The Valkyries are just too small (personal preference).

-b.

if the HMR in the middle is supposed to be 1/100, then that makes the two Revo's on the right more like ~1/144.

i know the Revo's were released as non-scale but i also recall some reviews state they were 1/100-ish

was there ever a Scout variant of the Revo?

HMR is between 1/80 and 1/90, I don't know that we ever got a conclusive measurement on how tall they're actually supposed to be (sometimes 15.12 meters, sometimes 17.4). The revoltechs are 15.3CM tall by my tape measure (obviously give or take a little) so they're between 1/100 and 1/114 depending on which measurement you trust. No Revoltech scout or light artillery were ever made.

thanks for clarifying.

i guess that makes the Kaiyodo Gashapon Regult definitely smaller than 1/144, but not small enough to be 1/350 (btw, wasn't MechTech making those?)

dang, i blew quite a bit of cash hunting down those gashapons when i should've been getting the Revo's

Toynami-Battlepod-6.jpg

sorry for repeating this from the other thread but everytime i see a regult i keep thinking.

Robotech to the rescue! the jingle is stuck in my head.

You really need a lot of Meltran loving to get rid of that brain worm :lol:

Cool shot, sh9000. You really nailed the artwork. ;)

Yup. Like everyone said, Nippon-Yasan has now a new rule on Tamashii Web Exclusive items since late last year, no Pay Later options. And for the record, I don't have problems with Nippon-Yasan as well. ;)

Cool shot koonfasa!

For Tamashii web exclusives they've stopped the pay later option.

When I placed my order the pay later option was still available. I'm not one who pre-orders items and then cancels them a few weeks later. If a website states I would be charged immediately then I have no problem with that but I wanted to be charged later and that didn't happen even though the option was still available to me. Well I guess it was just my luck. For the record they did cancel my order and I did get my refund after going to my credit card company and having them reverse the charges.