Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I kinda like the one thread, there is usually only one item for preorder about every 2 months. Between the preorders there's time to discuss what's next speculations and awkward Japanese marketing discussions and who makes the best vf1 or regult or whatever hilarious arguments fun. All in all I feel like if it relates to hmr it's just fun all around. The toys are simple fun and so are the comments.

I'm probably just lazy and don't want to search another thread every time a new item comes up or gets teased. We probably would have 30 different threads including repaints or exclusives include.

I kinda like the one thread, there is usually only one item for preorder about every 2 months. Between the preorders there's time to discuss what's next speculations and awkward Japanese marketing discussions and who makes the best vf1 or regult or whatever hilarious arguments fun. All in all I feel like if it relates to hmr it's just fun all around. The toys are simple fun and so are the comments.

I'm probably just lazy and don't want to search another thread every time a new item comes up or gets teased. We probably would have 30 different threads including repaints or exclusives include.

+1

I'm watching the Robotech series again and get all giddy every time I see one of those mechs represented by the Hi-Metal Range. Don't think I ever had access to the original Macross, is there much difference (maybe I should watch this online instead - I just chuck DVD's on in the background when at home)? I have the first three Legacy collections (I think there were like seven).

Having watched Frontier last year (and before that it was ages since seeing Robotech so couldn't remember much), didn't realise the parallels were so similar. Yet that still felt like it's own thing. One thing I can't remember, what's the relationship of the SDF1 to the Zentraedi before Earth fixed it up?

Edited by koonfasa

Received my 3 Regults from Amiami single taped. All others from other stores had double tape. I'll be leaving one of these MISB and opening the rest.

gallery_21587_791_301732.jpeg

Edited by sh9000

I'm watching the Robotech series again and get all giddy every time I see one of those mechs represented by the Hi-Metal Range. Don't think I ever had access to the original Macross, is there much difference (maybe I should watch this online instead - I just chuck DVD's on in the background when at home)? I have the first three Legacy collections (I think there were like seven).

Having watched Frontier last year (and before that it was ages since seeing Robotech so couldn't remember much), didn't realise the parallels were so similar. Yet that still felt like it's own thing. One thing I can't remember, what's the relationship of the SDF1 to the Zentraedi before Earth fixed it up?

Macross/Robotech wikia?

This is just in Tokyo. I find quite a few more in Chiba just 30 min away on the sobu-line. (I was visiting hobby shops like hell to track down older OOP hasegawa limited VF-1's..i even scored a Max / Milia VF-1 twin-set circa 2003 at retail :D)

Japanese Macross fans just have different collecting habits I guess. They don't have the disposable income nor space to go apesh*t like many of us do here on Macrossworld

Hey Duymon, where and which hobby shops in Chiba? I only go to Yodobashi Camera and the Yellow Submarine on the upper floor whenever I visit Chiba (Chiba JR Station). Are there anymore in Chiba? Thanks.

What I need is a new box for my Regult... My step-son wanted to see inside the box and tore a good 2 inches into it before I saw what he was up to... any army builders here plan on chucking one of your boxes?

Haha, just got to this bit. I want this version:

vf-1a-max-disguise.gif

Max in disguise!

At HMR scale, I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai released a VF-1A TV Max with the Zentradi uniform to go with it. I'd definitely buy it.

My Regult arrived arrived today but I don't have it because they needed a signature.

Where was I? I was at the Post Office shipping collectables that I sold to people. I might be able to get it Monday after work. I should be able to reach the post office 20 minutes before they close.

I haven't checked if any online stores still have the Armored VF-1J but the VF-1S Strike Hikaru and Roy are at least still available at Nippon-Yasan with Hikaru marked up. Either the VF-1J or VF-1S would be good.

Edited by sh9000

Guest davidwhangchoi

sorry for repeating this from the other thread but everytime i see a regult i keep thinking.

Robotech to the rescue! the jingle is stuck in my head.