Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Finally got some time to take some pictures of the Regult.

HMR%20Regult%2002.jpg

I do not have a HMR VF-1, but the GN-U Dou seems to look pretty good with it in terms of scale.

HMR%20Regult%2001.jpg

Take that!!!

HMR%20Regult%2003.jpg

Good boy, Regult.

HMR%20Regult%2004.jpg

Toynami, HMR and Revolt. I have to say out of the three, the HMR is the best.

Edited by 94medition

I'll be thrilled if I can recreate some memorable scenes on my shelves:

Roy and Hikaru (VF-1D) rescuing Minmay during the first attack.

Hikaru's squad fighting with Breetai.

Max (VF-1A) and Millia's (Queadluun Rau) famous first battle.

Destroids, Destroids, Destroids.

If Bandai gives us a VF-2SS with SAP pack, that'll be icing on the cake.

A vf4g would be nice

I think there was a post awhile back with a poster that Bandai put together with all these proposed releases on it. It looked pretty broad and expansive to me. I think there's a good chance that there's gonna be something for everyone with this line. I can't wait. :)

Finally got some time to take some pictures of the Regult.

I do not have a HMR VF-1, but the GN-U Dou seems to look pretty good with it in terms of scale.

Take that!!!

HMR%20Regult%2003.jpg

Good boy, Regult.

Toynami, HMR and Revolt. I have to say out of the three, the HMR is the best.

hehe! love this one! Sit Regult sit.. good Regult. :lol::D:p

I have a suggestion. This thread now covers a GBP release, a Strike Valkyrie, a Regult, and partially another strike valkyrie, a monster, and a Glaug. Could we make separate threads? I know part of the fun is that it's a comprehensive line but trying to track stuff down in this monster thread is a bit of a chore. Maybe we could have a "Hi-Metal R News and Speculation" thread and then individual threads for each toy?

I have a suggestion. This thread now covers a GBP release, a Strike Valkyrie, a Regult, and partially another strike valkyrie, a monster, and a Glaug. Could we make separate threads? I know part of the fun is that it's a comprehensive line but trying to track stuff down in this monster thread is a bit of a chore. Maybe we could have a "Hi-Metal R News and Speculation" thread and then individual threads for each toy?

It's a good idea, but I like staying up to date in one thread on HM-R.

Lets say someone only wants info on HMR Monster, they could "Search This Topic" for Monster pretty easily, right?

Online store sales don't necessarily reflect the popularity of the item in Japan. You're talking about the rest of the freaking world competing over the stock of just a handful of shops, while nearly all the macross fans in Japan have access to loads and loads of brick and mortars in Japan.

When I was in Japan after the Hikaru 1J release they were as scarce as the DX Chogokins.

A few weeks after the Regular release I come again and I find stacks of regults at:

Yodabashi Camera

Softmap

Laox

Volks

Yellow Submarine

Even some tiny figure stores like robot robot and others in the Akiba Radiokan building.

This is just in Tokyo. I find quite a few more in Chiba just 30 min away on the sobu-line. (I was visiting hobby shops like hell to track down older OOP hasegawa limited VF-1's..i even scored a Max / Milia VF-1 twin-set circa 2003 at retail :D)

Japanese Macross fans just have different collecting habits I guess. They don't have the disposable income nor space to go apesh*t like many of us do here on Macrossworld

So instead of going through customs and getting sent to the next city, 1 of my HMR Regults was accidentally sent to the other side of the country. 11 days later and it's back in my state. What a trip.

Edited by sh9000

Online store sales don't necessarily reflect the popularity of the item in Japan. You're talking about the rest of the freaking world competing over the stock of just a handful of shops, while nearly all the macross fans in Japan have access to loads and loads of brick and mortars in Japan.

When I was in Japan after the Hikaru 1J release they were as scarce as the DX Chogokins.

A few weeks after the Regular release I come again and I find stacks of regults at:

Yodabashi Camera

Softmap

Laox

Volks

Yellow Submarine

Even some tiny figure stores like robot robot and others in the Akiba Radiokan building.

This is just in Tokyo. I find quite a few more in Chiba just 30 min away on the sobu-line. (I was visiting hobby shops like hell to track down older OOP hasegawa limited VF-1's..i even scored a Max / Milia VF-1 twin-set circa 2003 at retail :D)

Japanese Macross fans just have different collecting habits I guess. They don't have the disposable income nor space to go apesh*t like many of us do here on Macrossworld

That is interesting market feedback.

It means there are slower moving items in the retail side in Japan.

But the way the business works is that Bandai allocates its stock between Japan retailers, Asia retailers, online shops, and major international licensers (like Bluefin and similar outfits around the world). Once the allocation is done, the product is off of Bandai's hands. Any slow sellers are basically the problem of the retail groups. The allocations are not always ideal in the mind of these various retail groups, because they have to buy the good with the bad in most cases.

For a small manufacturer like Evolution, a slow seller can kill their business, but a giant machine like Bandai has more leverage.

That does not mean Bandai can keep churning out slow sellers, it just means they have more time and market power.

Yodabashi Camera

Softmap

Laox

Volks

Yellow Submarine

I'm not in Japan but my Japanese friends here don't seem to army build fodder troops. I think it's possibly a north American hobby habit?

It's a good idea, but I like staying up to date in one thread on HM-R.

Lets say someone only wants info on HMR Monster, they could "Search This Topic" for Monster pretty easily, right?

I think it's easier to keep up to date with one thread too. I do notice we discuss related topics like hobby collecting habits of Japanese versus international, and I also participate in these discussions:) but we could limit the discussion to actual product announcements and release dates and order frenzied and shipping issues for this thread. We can start a thread for the other parts like fantasy additions to the hmr line. I admit though that I like reading all the posts.