Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Zentran and Micron side by side in combat..the Invid are TOAST! (Okay okay wrong continuity :D ) But just imagining if the Sentinels pushed through and Tatsunoko or was it Big West allowed the use of the Valkyries instead of just the Legios

So is three enough? I guess those vinyl ones from Toynami hold nothing over these ones either?

I also want to make a Battletech lance on the side, and thinking the Wave 1/72 might fit better with the Glaug from this line and the Max Factory Dougram kits... unless that Glaug scales with the 1/60 destroid (then I'm set)!

Edited by koonfasa

I really thought the Regults were much bigger in scale. I mean, Max's 1A wore a Zentradi uniform! Anyway, according to this, the scale chart must be wrong to begin with. I am really glad i got this HMR Regult, and in my mind, he is great, even if he is a bit shorter than he should be.

This is why it would be impossible to man a Regult, there is a discrepancy in the size chart. [if we use the Macross plot for guide]

BTW, Saburo: Bravo, those pictures are awesome!

I might take some pictures too... but my Regult is in Japan.

Take some pics after you get them. Its always good to see more pics. :D

Thanks spanner! Now I kinda wish I had gotten the HMR VF-1J... :unsure:

well they are still available! ^_^ NY has them in stock..

Thanks spanner! Just took a look and nicely marked up. I'll think about it, got a few things I need to pay for first.

Go Saburo!

Get it already! Before they run out. :lol:

Edited by no3ljm

So is three enough? I guess those vinyl ones from Toynami hold nothing over these ones either?

I also want to make a Battletech lance on the side, and thinking the Wave 1/72 might fit better with the Glaug from this line and the Max Factory Dougram kits... unless that Glaug scales with the 1/60 destroid (then I'm set)!

Is the battle master from Doug ram?

The HMR Regult should scale well as the 60t Ostsol with the 1/72 Dougrams Shadowhawk. I think the HMR Glaug should also scale well as the 75t Marauder, as it's a bit bigger than the HMR Regult.

At least, that's my plan when I get my HMR Regult this week and my Glaug later on.

I'm currently using the Revy Regult as an Ostscout since it's small enough to be 35t...

Go Saburo!

Get it already! Before they run out. :lol:

Can't do it now. :(I just bought some camera gear and one of the TFs I pre-ordered might be releasing soon.

I bought one specifically to go up against the Regult. I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying this line. I might get a 1S soon.

I am liking the HMR line, I had fun posing the Regults and VF-1S, it helps that I am not as cautious with them as I am with the 1/60 Valks.

picked up the girl friend from the airport this afternoon after a work conference in Hong Kong and she brought me back a little surprise! ^_^

she got me a Hi-Metal R Regult! :o:D apparently it was on a store shelf in the airport! :lol:

opened it up to find the two little rearward facing cannons broken off which kinda sucked but I was able to glue em back on with a teeny drop of super glue so no big deal at all! Looks perfect now! :)

So yeah I have to say how impressed with this little guy I am! Its built and finished very well and has quite a good range of pose-ability too which im quite amazed! After seeing a few of the other Hi-Metal R VF-1 toys at a hobby store in the city I can't say that I was much impressed by them but the Regult kills them! :ph34r:

I had decided that I wasn't going to touch any of the HMR line other than the HWR Monster but now im having second thoughts and considering buying a few more Regults! Its such a gorgeous little thing! :wub:

Here are some photos! B))

20160308_201918.jpg

Box got a little squished in her suitcase but still looks great! Maybe it was that which caused the damage..? :rolleyes:

20160308_202218.jpg

The broken rear cannons.. <_<

20160308_202443.jpg

Super glue and 5 minutes of patience = instafix! :D

20160308_202638.jpg

and now proudly on display! :wub:B)) so awesome! I want more!!! :o

Well you could limit yourself to only the enemy mecha and Destroids of course. The for them getting a (re-) release is rather slim so you don't have to buy doubles later on and still have a representation of them in your collection. :p

To everyone who has a Regult and has seen the Regult boxart in person. Is the Regult in the background meant to be a DYRL Regult or is it just the coloring of the art that makes it look that way?

Edited by sh9000

Right on...I guess I'm just used to SF customs. My 3 from AmiAmi were a day behind CDJapan and arrived here on Tuesday when they went through SF.

Yeah. I get my SAL/RSAL quicker when it goes thru SF.

Not a chance when it goes thru L.A. Full two weeks, and even beyond.

In fact, my rsal regult right now...

post-263-0-30712300-1457460040_thumb.jpg

:angry:

From that, I reckon they'll actually deliver it next week instead...

:5:

To everyone who has a Regult and has seen the Regult boxart in person. Is the Regult in the background meant to be a DYRL Regult or is it just the coloring of the art that makes it look that way?

I think its just the coloring of the art work which looks a little greenish but isn't actually meant to be.. but who knows maybe Bandai playing games or hinting at what might be coming in the future!? :rolleyes:

Well I bought a Regult and pre-order a Glaug.

Been a while since I bought some Macross Toys as the prices of Yamato/Arcadia just went up too high. This toy-line is actually offering villain mecha! How can I pass on that? I'll of course be forced now to pick up at least one good guy mecha. Is there a release date lineup for this line?

Well I bought a Regult and pre-order a Glaug.

Been a while since I bought some Macross Toys as the prices of Yamato/Arcadia just went up too high. This toy-line is actually offering villain mecha! How can I pass on that? I'll of course be forced now to pick up at least one good guy mecha. Is there a release date lineup for this line?

You can just check Bandai's Tamashii website for release date schedules. Or just lurk on this thread and watch the hype. ;)

which is what i do and my waller suffers because of it. :(

I couldn't agree more. ;)

I lurk this thread but there's so much hype it is easy to loose track.

I really want that Monster but it is just too much with shipping.

True. But it's either get it now or watch later how the price goes up. But yeah, it's the price to pay on Macross collecting. ;)