Hi-Metal R

joppewo

A question: The Hi-Metal line was rebooted, if I remember correctly, and Max VF-1a is one of the older figures, right? I want one, but I'm not sure if I should wait for Bandai to reissue it or get one of the older ones in the secondary market.

They are releasing the HM-R Super VF-1J Max-Type to go with their all-new HM-R Super VF-1J Milia-Type.....so anything is possible, including the re-release of "R" versions of the remainder of Skull Squadron VF-1A's...they have teased a Super VF-1A Soldier-Type....so again, anything is possible...including packing the "R" versions of the VF-1A Skull Squadron with the S/S packs this time around...who knows, maybe they will go the websclusive route with them once again!......

Personally, I have the originals so it would not bother me if they did not release "R" versions....I would rather they concentrate on new, never before released mecha...

I would suggest you wait until they make a determination on whether the Super VF-1A Soldier-Type will be released or not.....I think that would make the release of "R" versions of Skull Squadron more likely......The market price for the old HM's is not going up due to the HM-R releases...so I think you are not in any danger of facing a surge in the prices for the old HM VF-1A's at the moment.....if it becomes apparent that they will not be re-released....then you may have to act fast if you want one as other collectors may also begin wanting them also to complete Skull Squadron.....

Missed the HLJ preorder on the monster, got it from amiami, so thanks for the heads up.

Got my 2 regults from HLJ today. They're awesome! They compare favorable with the Toynami's (still need both standards and the light artillery). Not an army builder, but the price was too awesome and in case the missile pods are add-ons.

I can't figure out how to link from dropbox or gdrive, so I'll share links with comparison to the Toynami heavy missle version (which can even rest on the stand that comes with the HMR):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_d9TfExZnozVjAza2NUWVBZQ3M/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_d9TfExZnozTWFvRW0wZU1jVEE/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_d9TfExZnozOGk4MzVXeWVEaDA/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_d9TfExZnozUy1jY19hWVpXLVk/view?usp=sharing

In hindsight, the Toynami Regults are actually pretty nice.....arguably the best Macross-related collectible they ever released....well, that is until the Glaugs finally set sail to America from China!

DSC08032.jpg

In hindsight, the Toynami Regults are actually pretty nice.....arguably the best Macross-related collectible they ever released....well, that is until the Glaugs finally set sail to America from China!

DSC08032.jpg

If only...would have loved to have the Toynami glaug and now the HMR.

My GBP VF-1J is out for delivery! Gonna set him up against my two Regults. Finally!

Can't wait to get TV versions of everyone: Roy, Hikaru, Max (A/J), Millia, Kakizaki. Maybe couple A and J cannon fodders. That'll be glorious. Oh yeah, we need the VF-1D too. And all the Destroids!

Also I do hope that Bandai takes a stab at the VF-2SS at some point.

Odd, I tried to get two Figuarts Force Awakens First Order Troopers from HLJ, had one in my private warehouse paid for, and then I tried to order another, it went through, but instead of receiving a payment request notice HLJ emailed and said the limit was one and requested I cancel the second order or I could have my account suspended. I don't know, I cancelled my second figure like they requested, if it says limit 1 I always assumed they meant it, personally, I wouldn't risk it. I've emailed them before when I got my Tamashii Yellow Aura Effects for my DBZ Figuarts, I once again bought and paid for one in my private warehouse, remembering what happened with my First Order Troopers, I emailed them and asked if I could buy a second, or ship the one I have with my other stuff then order another in a separate order, and to both they said no, if the limit says 1, they mean 1, but they also said if you notice the limit gets changed to three or something you could order more without issue. I don't know, if Kaneda's certain then great, but I personally wouldn't run the risk, you could be the one customer they catch and decide to punish. I can't recall anyone complaining about being suspended on here before, it was always a hanging threat with HLJ, so it may just be them blowing smoke, who knows, it's kind of a grey area.

Yikes!

Well, I'm only certain from my own experience - which is much different from Tking's.

I guess since there is some inconsistency with how HLJ handles multiple purchases of the same toy, that has, had or may have a quantity limit, to anyone wondering, place the order at your own risk. I can only say that I've personally never had any issues, thankfully.

-b.

Sold out at HLJ now.

Reduced my orders to only 4 Regults so I have some room for the inevitable scout and missile variants from Tamashii web. Just speculating but I really hope Bandai releases those.

Are these missile variants going to be available as exclusives only?

There's no official news yet if ever it will get released. If it is, as an exclusive release, pre-ordering will be easy. ;)

Thanks for that. :) I could of swore I read somewhere (maybe on this forum) that if you bought 2 or 3 Regults, you'd be able to get the variant add-ons (just the attachments) for free or something? And of course, you'd have to show proof of purchase or something. Not sure if there was a small charge or if it was free.

It doesn't fit a gi joe. No room for legs. Maybe half a torso figure like the maschinen krieger figures could fit.

So the pilot operates the 2 handles on the sides to walk the regult. Then he also pulls the handles on the turrets manually? He can't shoot and walk. So that's why they suck at fighting the humans.

Odd, I tried to get two Figuarts Force Awakens First Order Troopers from HLJ, had one in my private warehouse paid for, and then I tried to order another, it went through, but instead of receiving a payment request notice HLJ emailed and said the limit was one and requested I cancel the second order or I could have my account suspended. I don't know, I cancelled my second figure like they requested, if it says limit 1 I always assumed they meant it, personally, I wouldn't risk it. I've emailed them before when I got my Tamashii Yellow Aura Effects for my DBZ Figuarts, I once again bought and paid for one in my private warehouse, remembering what happened with my First Order Troopers, I emailed them and asked if I could buy a second, or ship the one I have with my other stuff then order another in a separate order, and to both they said no, if the limit says 1, they mean 1, but they also said if you notice the limit gets changed to three or something you could order more without issue. I don't know, if Kaneda's certain then great, but I personally wouldn't run the risk, you could be the one customer they catch and decide to punish. I can't recall anyone complaining about being suspended on here before, it was always a hanging threat with HLJ, so it may just be them blowing smoke, who knows, it's kind of a grey area.

Just follow the company policy and GIVE CHANCE to others. Follow the Golden Rule and you can't go wrong. Try pulling a fast one, this shos you are operating in bad FAITH. So you do DESERVE a SUSPENSION.

It doesn't fit a gi joe. No room for legs. Maybe half a torso figure like the maschinen krieger figures could fit.

So the pilot operates the 2 handles on the sides to walk the regult. Then he also pulls the handles on the turrets manually? He can't shoot and walk. So that's why they suck at fighting the humans.

Kind off like the TIE fighters in SW....mass produced, easily disposable and no escape pods option (sucks to be a front line Zentran soldier)

Thanks for that. :) I could of swore I read somewhere (maybe on this forum) that if you bought 2 or 3 Regults, you'd be able to get the variant add-ons (just the attachments) for free or something? And of course, you'd have to show proof of purchase or something. Not sure if there was a small charge or if it was free.

Must be an "I wish it were so" posts

I can't wait for my HMR Glaugs but tbh this one would have been cool to own for the time being.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Why is there a Toynami tag in that pic?

I just set up my Hikaru VF-1J and two Regults. I'm so happy to finally have enemy mecha. I can hardly believe that we're gonna have the whole lineup on our shelves eventually. Didn't think it would ever happen. Huge thanks to whoever made this happen over at Bandai!

Good times. :)

My account was suspended. I ordered a Bandai VF-1J GBP and I didn't get a confirmation that it was ordered so I ordered again and got confirmation; I didn't look in my order history, but if I did (and I guess I should have checked), I'm guessing there were 2 orders and after a couple months (closer to release date), my account got suspended. Had to explain that I was only ordering 1 and didn't get a confirmation and ordered again. HLJ Rep looked into it, saw the order date/time was pretty much the same and said that next time, should email them about not getting an order confirmation before placing another order for an item with a limit 1. Though I'm thinking by the time I email and get a response, it'll probably be sold out. I've read they're pretty strict on suspensions and not re-activating suspended accounts.

They are releasing the HM-R Super VF-1J Max-Type to go with their all-new HM-R Super VF-1J Milia-Type.....so anything is possible, including the re-release of "R" versions of the remainder of Skull Squadron VF-1A's...they have teased a Super VF-1A Soldier-Type....so again, anything is possible...including packing the "R" versions of the VF-1A Skull Squadron with the S/S packs this time around...who knows, maybe they will go the websclusive route with them once again!......

Personally, I have the originals so it would not bother me if they did not release "R" versions....I would rather they concentrate on new, never before released mecha...

I would suggest you wait until they make a determination on whether the Super VF-1A Soldier-Type will be released or not.....I think that would make the release of "R" versions of Skull Squadron more likely......The market price for the old HM's is not going up due to the HM-R releases...so I think you are not in any danger of facing a surge in the prices for the old HM VF-1A's at the moment.....if it becomes apparent that they will not be re-released....then you may have to act fast if you want one as other collectors may also begin wanting them also to complete Skull Squadron.....

Thanks, jv.

HLJ can be pretty active when you go over the "limited 1 per customer". I guess you can try your luck, some account seem to be pretty lucky , and some get a email, and some just get suspended. It really depends on who was confirming your order I guess. The most recent group suspension from HLJ was when the Bandai VF-19 advance just released.

here's a link to the thread, just go to the next page for more.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41848&page=69

Also their system glitches sometimes too , which changes the limit amount from 1 to 3 to 5. But for those they normally just email you telling you they will remove the order due to whatever issue.

Edited by F360

Wow, so the old Toynami Regults are actually the same size as the HMR! Bravo Toynami, Bravo!

So i take my earlier comment back. My last Macross purchase was a Toynami Regult i bought on sale.

The DYRL [green] mecha. I imagine these were on sale since they are not as popular as the TV series regults.

Wow, i had no idea HLJ was so strict when it came to ordering. I have cancelled some items before release before, i hope i am not in a black list or something.

Edited by vlenhoff

One last 'comment' on my own personal experience when I've ordered multiple copies of items with 1 per limit;

1) I have only 1 account with HLJ, it's been the same account I've had with them since 1999/2000.

2) I have never ordered 2 or more of the same item at the exact same time - usually I'd have secured a pre-order and then if, and only if, the item gets restocked at a later date, after release, I've ordered additional. The most of any (1) toy I've purchased with a limit is the Bandai DX VF-19, 3 of them I've purchased through HLJ - all at separate times and after it was restocked - no issues.

3) I have had multiple of the same item, in my Private Warehouse at once

And I've never had any issues, warnings, suspensions or the like.

This is not me advocating anyone do anything against HLJ's rules, or that goes against your own common sense or instinct and I certainly didn't try to 'game' their rules. Even AmiAmi when there is a quantity limit will allow customer's to order the same item after it's been re-released. The DX VF25F comes to mind, and yup I ordered one of those then too.

Anyway, looking forward to getting my Regult at some point in the future. And I still wish that Bandai would decide to up-size their VF-1 to a 1/55 renewal with the same type of detail and articulation of the HMR.

-b.