Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I'm talking animation scale, which yes, probably isn't the best scale representation obviously, but the way I remember Zen troops is them being as big as a VF-1 on the show, so that's how I remember them, the scene painted in my mind is when Hikaru drops his first Regult and the troop gets out, and is as tall as Roy's 1S. Maybe the Hi-Metal R line is more to true scale then I thought, but everything still seems like it's smaller then it should be to me. Seeing those charts you posted, which I've seen dozens of times, the basic troops still look far too small to me, if that is actual scale, then it's even more irritating to me, why exactly was Breetai a giant? Why do some troops look like they could fit into a Glaug or Regult and others look like they could box a VF-1? I think it'd be for the best for Bandai to just make Figuarts Breetai and leave it at that, any other troops in any other sizes would get confusing in my opinion. Cockpit sized Zens, VF-1 sized Zens, bigger then VF-1 Zens? Their sizes are all over the place, I think trying to recreate fodder troops would be a bad idea.I couldn't picture holding in my hands, tiny little zens to fit into my enemy mecha, and a big valk sized Figuart Breetai, that'd be weird. If anything, I'm a little baffled Bandai didn't at least make painted static pilots like the valkyries, granted on the Regult there wouldn't be much to see, just the back of some dudes head, but the Glaug could have benefited from a little painted pilot sitting in the seat.

Dunno...I thought the whole premise regarding the Zentrans/Meltrans was that they were bio-engineered "weapons" created by the Protoculture to fight their wars.....and since they were "engineered", they could be made to "fit" a variety of functions.....thus the vast range in sizes to fit whatever need on the battlefield....so the apparent inconsistencies in size seen on the "animation" is arguably correct, however, the animators did not take too much care in how "correctly" they were drawn according to the scene/mecha being portrayed....

Scale seems right to me.....Average Zentran/Meltrans are not taller than a VF-1....

sizechart-zentradimeltrandi-mecha.jpg

Dunno...I thought the whole premise regarding the Zentrans/Meltrans was that they were bio-engineered "weapons" created by the Protoculture to fight their wars.....and since they were "engineered", they could be made to "fit" a variety of functions.....thus the vast range in sizes to fit whatever need on the battlefield....so the apparent inconsistencies in size seen on the "animation" is arguably correct, however, the animators did not take too much care in how "correctly" they were drawn according to the scene/mecha being portrayed....

^This.

I'm still going to see if my 3.75" Zentradi figure can fit in my HMR Regult.

gallery_21587_791_386861.jpeg

Edited by sh9000

Sorry about the confusion, I meant the markup at markup sites would be $20 to $30 U.S. Above retail.

Any way on to macross anime magic scale. When not in mecha zentraidi are around the same height as a vf1. Otherwise a random soldier would never have a coat big enough to wear. Every time a soldier is seen near a vf1 they are about the same size. The only size difference would be that some are only slightly bigger or smaller. Almost like if you multiplied human size by something like 10feet. So a six foot dude 60 feet 5 foot 50 feet tall. So to the vf1 they might be a head taller or shorter.

By the way my math is not exact I was just trying to simplify things and I think the vf1 may have been closer to 40 feet than 50 feet same with average zentraidi they just magically squeeze into their mecha

If figures do come out I want them in anime scale. I know they won't look right next to their mecha, but will look great and menacing next to human mecha.

I looked at the size comparison chart on the previous page and realized the junk on that random soldier max's vf1 kicked in that hallway had extra massive junk otherwise those pants would have looked awkward with that nose cone hanging out after wearing those on his valkyrie. Then again maybe that's why they got stopped in the hallway by that super surprised soldier.

In the black and white size chart, what weapon is the 1j holding. It doesn't look like the standard gunpod.

Prototype Gunpod.

GU-11-X 55mm Tri-Barrel Gunpod.

The standard issue armament for the VF-1 was upgraded slightly to take advantage of new technology. The new GU-11-X gun pod is actually the prototype design for the gun pod used by the VF-11 Thunderbolt. Unlike the original GU-11, the GU-11-X uses clips of ammo.

Edited by no3ljm

Wow cdjapan and animeexport still available. Bought 1 glaug.

Monster might be really expensive if glaug costs so much

Playing around with my super hmr. I hardly play with the Yamato it's for display.

Why is the glaug so expensive compared with the other release?

I don't like the glaugs arms are held up by the stand. Ratchets should have been installed

I'm sick enough where I can't really be shooting videos right now, hopefully very soon, but in the meantime I've updated my original Hi-Metal and added an HMR review on anymoon.com. Please let me know if you think I've missed something. -

HMR-Hikaru-VF-1S-14.jpg

I signed up for AmiAmi and added it to my watch list. Will they notify when more stock is available or does became an hourly-check kind of thing?

Nope. Just pray on the day of the release there'll be extra stock. It happened with the Armored VF1J but not with the Hikaru DYRL VF1S

I'm not absolutely sure the arms need the stand to hold up the arms. I think it may be more for piece of mind. There are pictures of it posed without using the stand. Guess we just got to wait to have it physically in hand to see if it is really needed.

At least bandai actually include the parts for the stand.

hmm, just checked my preorders just now...i may have preorderd too many regults. when it gets closer to release, if you are interested in one at my cost please PM me (not now but say Feb. or so). i'd cancel but its not allowed. thanks. anyway i'm excited that we will have those in just over a month or two's time!

I'm not absolutely sure the arms need the stand to hold up the arms. I think it may be more for piece of mind. There are pictures of it posed without using the stand. Guess we just got to wait to have it physically in hand to see if it is really needed.

At least bandai actually include the parts for the stand.

If the arms came with ratcheted joints then there's no need for the arm's stand. But if it's just regular joints and it's tight, overtime, it will become loose then you'll need the stand. And having the stand is better than nothing. ;)

Sorry for being lazy, but does anyone know where one can get a 1J or 1S for a reasonable price?

Nippon Yasan has the 1S still open for PO.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/14320-hi-metal-r-vf-1s-strike-valkyrie-roy-focker-special-limited-edition.html

VF-1J at an adjusted price.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/11965-hi-metal-r-vf-1j-armored-valkyrie.html

Edited by Saburo