Hi-Metal R

joppewo

What are the MSRP of #1 and #2?

Right? It's like he tried to make a point, but since one is more then double the retail of the other, common sense would dictate this is a point that doesn't need to be made, and that "best" is still subjective. I guess he really wants us to know he doesn't like the Hi-Metal valks. Thinking back, what color were Arcadia's VF-1s? Were they the nice bright TV white? Were they the off DYRL white? No you say? What color were they? Were they some odd, what the hell is this shade of pinkish white? Yes they were. Best my ass, at more then twice the price they couldn't even get the color right, yet again, this is a trend with them now.

What are the MSRP of #1 and #2?

Right? It's like he tried to make a point, but since one is more then double the retail of the other, common sense would dictate this is a point that doesn't need to be made, and that "best" is still subjective. I guess he really wants us to know he doesn't like the Hi-Metal valks. Thinking back, what color were Arcadia's VF-1s? Were they the nice bright TV white? Were they the off DYRL white? No you say? What color were they? Were they some odd, what the hell is this shade of pinkish white? Yes they were. Best my ass, at more then twice the price they couldn't even get the color right, yet again, this is a trend with them now.

You guys kill me sometimes.

You want to argue, consistently, about which is "better", be it build quality, pricing, color, apps, wheels, accessories, type of cardboard the box uses, all the while comparing Apples to Oranges and when someone bites you then say it's a foolish debate or argument.

And it is.

And speaking of vocalizing how much a person doesn't like one company or product...Pot meet Kettle.

-b.

I can definitely say I'm firmly in the "well, I'll give it a shot" camp. Personally, I'm just not really a fan of Bandai's engineering choices, and have to agree, the multiple sets of wings with and without hardpoints is just excessive. They're already including solid battroid only wings, are people really that picky that they can't stand wings with visible empty hardpoints?

Part of me wants to just say, "If people are that picky, either tell them to suck it up, bite the cost of developing a less ugly hardpoint." Neither seem like that difficult a concept.

The hardest part for me though? Most of my Yamato VF-1s cost less than this new HMR line. :p The features are different, the scale is much smaller, and the quality may be fine, but my brain just has trouble accepting that this little thing costs more than one almost twice the size, regardless of what features and extras it has.

Summed it up perfectly, Chronocidal!

If someone gave me one of these, and I had no idea what it cost, I'd be seriously impressed. It's small, well proportioned, detailed, has a zillion cool parts (I'm talking about the Armored VF-1J I have) and overall, it's a small version of my childhood that I can hold and whoosh around the room with!

It's only when I realise how much it costs that I start to feel a bit sour about it.

But that's not really a fair judgement for many reasons. Firstly, I purchased all my VF-1 toys at a serious discount, making them much less than I paid for this new "little" toy. And secondly, I have not purchased an Arcadia VF-1 toy of any description. Why? Because they're too expensive! Also, because I'm still comparing the "new" cost to what I paid, which was not an accurate price for the toy, to begin with!

If I'd started my collection Post-Arcadia, I think I'd feel quite differently about all this.

TL DR:
The Bandai toy isn't so bad after all.

You want to argue, consistently, about which is "better", be it build quality, pricing, color, apps, wheels, accessories, type of cardboard the box uses, all the while comparing Apples to Oranges and when someone bites you then say it's a foolish debate or argument.

And it is.

And speaking of vocalizing how much a person doesn't like one company or product...Pot meet Kettle.

-b.

And you didn't have to comment about the argument, but someone always does and will. It doesn't hurt anybody, it's an argument about transforming plastic jet toys, if it bothers people so much they can stop coming to the site, or skim past what they don't want to read. I won't apologize for it, and I can care less if it comes off as petty. If it's such a childish thing and you're tired of it, stay out of it if it bothers you so much. I refuse to stop, it's not breaking rules, it's just passions apparently running very high about toys. It's a forum, 90% of the point of forums is to devolve into completely pointless arguments about stuff most normal people on the street would have zero clue about. Once again, the people complaining about the people complaining add to the mess of complaints and apparent pointlessness.

I reckon he's saying a minor pinkish-hue Arcadia valk is just simply better than the HM-R's part-swapping shenanigans, therefore "best" regardless of Arcadia's exorbitant pricing...

And it is.

-b.

I don't think I've been arguing better, just different, and I think I'm pretty consistent on that. Not sure why it matters though, it's the HMR thread and the toys are being discussed.

Since we are discussing landing gears, was wondering in DYRL was there a scene that shows the valk with landing gears? The only landing scene that I can remember was Hikaru w Misa on devastated earth crash landing in gerwalk mode.

IIRC, there's one scene in the enemy's ship bay when Roy, Hikaru and Misa were escaping. Hikaru transforms the Ostrich from Valkyrie to Gerwalk after the 'kiss'.

Since we are discussing landing gears, was wondering in DYRL was there a scene that shows the valk with landing gears? The only landing scene that I can remember was Hikaru w Misa on devastated earth crash landing in gerwalk mode.

Can't recall exactly, but how about in the hangar/bay scene where everyone was putting on the FAST-packs and scrambling to get a valk out?

Was gonna do some snaps when I get home, but found this post from DanBickell back in 2012 with snapshots of the hangar/bay scene I was referring earlier:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?s=e97905ba85eb884cda29fda1956061a6&showtopic=36371&page=9#entry972501

DYRL_cannon_fodder.jpg

Vi-RS also had the same snaps:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=36371&page=9#entry972513

IIRC, there's one scene in the enemy's ship bay when Roy, Hikaru and Misa were escaping. Hikaru transforms the Ostrich from Valkyrie to Gerwalk after the 'kiss'.

My bad. I check some video over YouTube and it looks like the Ostrich was parked without the landing gears down. Sorry.

I was checking my 1j(1s has it shown up I the mail.) the landing gear bay door at the front looks like it could fit an integrated mechanism, but I would have to agree with some that it would probably be too flimsy of a gimmick and would probably just be sad.

Is there a problem with being #2? :p

Although the Arcadia GBP cost a lot more, it's the HMR GBP that I felt I got ripped off on.

But like a bunch of others, I'm only picking up the VF-1s to go with the HMR stuff I'm really looking forward to, which are the Regults and other mecha we'll probably never see in 1/60.

Still not available from the regular online channels...should I panic?

You talking about Roy? I think I'd start to panic at this point as it seems like preorders of a 'normal' release should have gone up yesterday.

スクリーンショット (111).pngスクリーンショット (111).pngスクリーンショット (112).png

whatever happened to this, i was expecting some major refinements.

I'm sure he was like "Looks good, you should add an integrated heat shield and landing gear" and they were like "We want this to retail for like 7,000 Yen before optional parts" and he was like "Cool, but you should make the nosecone removable so the GBP doesn't look wonky."

You talking about Roy? I think I'd start to panic at this point as it seems like preorders of a 'normal' release should have gone up yesterday.

I'm sure he was like "Looks good, you should add an integrated heat shield and landing gear" and they were like "We want this to retail for like 7,000 Yen before optional parts" and he was like "Cool, but you should make the nosecone removable so the GBP doesn't look wonky."

Hikaru actually...missed all the pre-orders, was hoping to get one upon release...

Hikaru actually...missed all the pre-orders, was hoping to get one upon release...

Oh, that's a little tougher. The GBP kept popping up randomly after release. I think you're firmly in Murphy's Law territory. If you choose to wait, it will only become more scarce. If you buy one in desperation at a mark-up, Bandai will then release a lot more to retailers.

With a lot of bandai products they do a second run, even on exclusives. If you wait you may get a far better deal than what's out now. I don't think dunbine is as popular of a series but bandai has done second and even third releases on their sh figuarts products.

Macross might be a whole different can of worms. I'm not familiar with the HI metal line but for the DX line I've only seen a few of the valks get issued a re-release. You can wait but how long will it take for them to issue the ones that you want? I had to wait a couple years for the VF-25S reissue and still hoping for a VF-25G one.

With a lot of bandai products they do a second run, even on exclusives. If you wait you may get a far better deal than what's out now. I don't think dunbine is as popular of a series but bandai has done second and even third releases on their sh figuarts products.

Don't you mean their Robot Spirits/Damashii Aura Battler line?

Sorry I meant to include robot spirits as well in my previous comment. My point is they regularly rerelease different products not jus the ones I have mentioned.

Can't say why they're re-releasing it. Probably there's more demands there than Macross(?) for other series. We never know for sure. :unsure:

Either way, I don't think Bandai has ever re-released any of the web shop exclusive stuff, which honestly makes their re-releasing any of the Frontier valks a painful thing.

Really... all I can think of is John Cleese's character from Rat Race going:
"Let's re-release Alto and Ozma again! Place your bets now on how high you think the market prices for the super and armor parts will go this time!"

Seriously... who are they benefitting by repeatedly driving up demand for an item they never intend on releasing again? And why do they feel the need to rub it in the faces of every crowd attending their toy events by prominently displaying armored Ozma and Alto with big fat "SORRY YOU CAN'T BUY THIS ANYMORE!!" signs? It's like a giant middle finger to their fanbase. <_<

Edited by Chronocidal

post release ona hero valk vf-1s hikaru....i'd sign up to be notified by NY. sometimes they get previously out of stock stuff back in. has happened many times with previusly hard to get bandai items. although when they get them in stock..some other retialers do too sometimes so when you get noitfied...check all the usual suspects.

I just want to say playability with these vs. perfect transformation shouldn't be underrated. I just tried to transform my VF-17S for the first time the other night. I was thinking it would be pretty straight forward given the nature of the design. I tell you I was nervous and sh..ing bricks thinking I was going to break something or ding a sharp edge/point the entire time. I was glad to finally get it back in fighter mode. Not a particularly enjoyable experience.

I hope they make everything HMR over time. Then I can actually play with my toys from time to time.

My Kombini has the GBP and Strike in stock. Marked up a little, but not as bad as NY.

*They marked 'em up since yesterday. and the 1J is sold out joiks.

The difference were just like Y500. So it's not bad to get it from NY. ;)

VF-1S Hikaru with EMS shipping

NY: Y14800

Kom: Y14300