Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Howdy

I am new to the site and this is my first post but I had to sign up after seeing the reveal of this new Hi-Metal line.

I am more of a casual fan but I have a couple of Yamato/Arcadia Valks but seeing how expansive this Hi-Metal line is has me very excited. I am a toy collector who always needs to have antagonists as well as protagonists and I haven't had that in a Macross line until now.

I am in for everything shown so far (extras on the brown Valks and the Regults) and anything else that comes out in this line. I have been asking on the Facebook page if the Monster is transformable because that would be the icing on the cake.

I will do what I can to help this line be successful but I hope it becomes even more expansive and covers other eras of Macross. I really can't wait for these to be released.

Welcome to Macross World

The monster, it is eventually released, will be articulated where one would expect, but it's a big NO on transformation; for that you have to look elsewhere, to the VB-6 König Monster. The HWR-00 Monster Mk II from SDFM was never meant to transform.

Edited by mechaninac

Thanks.

That is the answer I was given on Facebook too but the macross wiki says the only Monster that was transformable was the one from SDFM so I was a bit confused.

Transformable would have been better but it is still damn decent as is. However, it is the Regults that have me more excited.

I never got in to Macross toys until after the Revoltech Perfect Transformations were released. I didn't really like them so it took me a while until I decided to give Macross toys a shot again with the Yamato 1/60s. That is why I am so excited to finally get Regults, and they are part of the same line.

who are you lying to? :p

Keep telling yourself that... it might work.

You'll be buying the Valks. :D

Bwahahaha!!! My sentiments exactly...

If we do choose to support this revival, what would the impact be on the possibility of bandai making 1/60 vf-1_s, regulate, glaugs, destroids, monsters?

Lol I will accept my fate if buying them all :D

All this time I was hoping for a TV SDF-1 from Yamato/Arcadia......could it be possible that it will be Bandai that releases a 1/3000 SOC SDF-1 for the win?

To be honest, based on what Yamato did with the DYRL SDF-1...a Bandai version would be much more detailed...based on other capital ships they have released in the past....

Keeping the TV SDF-1 dream alive! ;)

that regult does look nice....i want like 3 of them unless they announce a variant with the heavy missile rack on top, then i'll only get 2 and one of those. i REALLY hope they do a glaug. i'd need to buy a vf-1j to battle with it though as i sold my high metal one off. i do kinda wish theses were 1/60 but they'd be huge and i couldn't house 3 regults or a glaug anywhere....i just hope they are as nice or nicer than they look.

Pretty excited for the return of VF HI METAL. I hope less parts swapping is introduced as well as an integrated heat shield. Landing gear isn't something I care for much on a product of this size. I felt like the original VFHM VF-1 line was designed in mind for diecast model aircraft collectors.

There's a ton of optional parts. For something this small with the turbine fans too far forward anyways, I felt like swappable intakes weren't necessary, just keep the covered ones. The trigger for the gunpod being separate was weird too. The tiny hands were there and seemed like they were there just cause. On something this small I would prefer just to leave bigger hands on and out. Not retracted.

Here's to hoping for an integrated heat shield and to minimal parts swapping yet no swapping necessary for transformation. A dedicated stand that can store all parts and Qrau TV style would be awesome too.

Well according to the images shown Bandai will release the same nice toys since they appear to be exactly the same (excluding the unreleased ones)...I do not know how to feel about this announce since I followed MW members advise and recently purchased my 3 Hi Metals at Mandarake...Maybe I purchased High comparing the price they will be in the reissue...I just learned this hobby resembles the stock market strategies..

Edited by VALKYRIE ACE PILOT

I am impatient so I am thinking about grabbing the older VF-19. Is that a wise choice?

The gun can't attach to it in fighter mode, and the "landing gear" is really a set of three cheap display pieces that don't even really connect to the fighter.

That said, I think those are its only real flaws; how big those are depends, of course. The painting is crisp, transformation is fairly easy, and it comes with a stand, unlike every other VF Hi-Metal toy. If you like the VF-19F/S and want it in this size, then I'd say go for it.

No, it doesn't. Inexplicably.

Also, only the VF-19S comes with a stand included, the VF-19Kai is stand-alone, you have to buy everything else separately as websclusives, and it doesn't even come with closed fists.

Edited by Renato

The gun can't attach to it in fighter mode, and the "landing gear" is really a set of three cheap display pieces that don't even really connect to the fighter.

That said, I think those are its only real flaws; how big those are depends, of course. The painting is crisp, transformation is fairly easy, and it comes with a stand, unlike every other VF Hi-Metal toy. If you like the VF-19F/S and want it in this size, then I'd say go for it.

Thanks. I went ahead and bought it.

I am not too fussed that it isn't perfect and I have no doubt that it will be released again providing HM:R is successful but I should at least get a couple of years out of it first.

How long do you think it will be until Bandai release the first piece of HM:R?

I have the feeling that Bandai is trying to destroy Arcadia.

The VF-19ADVANCE, the M&M VF-1 the GBP.... if Bandai announces a 1/72 Macross Zero toy line I will start to believe in my own conspiracy theories.

it is not like Arcadia do not want to get destroyed. They do not want to milk the molds, for example, there has been a long cries for release Strike/Super Parts.

I'll start worrying when Bandai starts announcing the more obscure Valks. Until then, VF-1s in a different scale and a VF-19Advance from a current show doesn't make it clobberin' time from Bandai to me. I think the product lines are distinct enough so far to have people purchasing a little from column A and a little from column B...but time will tell.

Edited by xrentonx

Remember also that Arcadia is a tiny company. It's really disingenuous to compare them to Bandai in terms of product output.

Exactly. Even at the height of what they were doing Yamato was still a relatively small company, Arcadia is even smaller and could arguably be considered a step or two away from a garage co.

I do know this, that if Arcadia stops producing Macross toys people will miss them and lament all the doom-saying.

Re: the Hi Metal line, I hope it does well if for no other reason that I want Bandai to produce toys (as much as I want that other company to) - and any product failures lessens that chance. That said, these aren't for me but I'm still stoked for those that are going to support this line.

-b.