New game announce with cool trailer "Overwatch"

Seriously, why doesn't Blizzard go into films?

Wouldnt you think this is from Pixar?

I would totally watch this movie too!

The gameplay trailer is pretty good too

oh yea, they also announce a new Starcraft title too

Looks amazing. Could this be the first FOUR-QUADRANT first person shooter?

Definitely get the pixar vibe from this, but in all the right ways. This easily could have been "The Incredibles: The FPS Video Game". Hadn't a clue this was coming, but I have to say this is instantly on my radar now.

• 1 year later...

dayuummmm..

My greatest wish now is for kawamori san to hook up with blizzard entertainment to make a macross like we have never seen b4!! B))B))

Yeah, I really wished they made a movie or series for it

Here's one for Winston, it's not as good as the widow maker, but it still adds to the story

• 1 month later...

Did anyone play the open Beta? It is amazing!

The game plays like a dream. Control is so tight, responsiveness is excellent and the engine looks superb. Maps are wide and varied and plentiful. Every character is fun to play, there are no bad experiences. I've been hooked in hard. This game is WAY more fun than I thought it was going to be. I'll be getting it for sure. An instant classic.

I played it for about 30 minutes and gave it up. I thought the characters were too unbalanced and the controls felt wonky and laggy. However, I am thoroughly enjoying the UT4 alpha. I guess that just indicates my tastes.

Maybe I'll give Overwatch a try again if they have some kind of free trial period.

No single player mode. :( Saves me a few $ at least...

Me too.

I'm old school, single player only, or split screen with a friend or my son on the couch next to me playing.

I have absolutely zero interest in playing online games against a bunch of strangers.

And in my middle age when all my friends are married with kids and busy jobs, trying to get friends to coordinate a time for online play is near impossible (not that any of them would be interested anyway).

Anyway, this whole online play fad seems to be more a millennial or kids thing. Not my cup of tea at all.

Grumpy old school gamer here........hahaha

DAT NINJA!!!! :ph34r: B)) B)) B)) B))

post-15116-0-87276400-1463481124_thumb.jpg

Amazing short....

CMON BLIZZARD AND KAWAMORI.....DO SOMETHING TOGETHER!!!

Plus enjoyed the murlock light at 0:31 and Murlock ramen mascot on the wall of RIKI's convinience store! :D

Edited by seti88

Yeah, these shorts for Overwatch are amazing! They've all been good.

I swear, I can't recall the last time I was this pumped for a video game. Overwatch is hitting all the right spots. That open beta is killing me now. I'm just dying to play.

I don't even get the purpose of this game, just that it's squad based multiplayer shooter. why would I want that versus the dozens of other games released?

Because Team Fortress with anime characters is better than Team Fortress without anime characters.

I'm skipping it. I love the game's visual style, but I'm a solo gamer. Deathmatch is the least interesting part of a FPS, and a game that is ONLY deathmatch is an automatic no-buy.

Because Team Fortress with anime characters is better than Team Fortress without anime characters.

I'm skipping it. I love the game's visual style, but I'm a solo gamer. Deathmatch is the least interesting part of a FPS, and a game that is ONLY deathmatch is an automatic no-buy.

Anime? I see no anime characters. Did you mean pixar characters?

That short was another awesome production! I wonder if they plan to release one for each character.

Release was last night and it got off to a little rough of a start, but soon I was playing. Went for hours, well into the morning. Ended up being late for work today. Worth it.

I've noticed several map changes, but no major character changes as yet. Guess we'll see.

So far, it's as good as the beta promised. A top shelf game. Easily will be my go-to game for the next few years.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, McCree is one of my favorite characters. I really hope they don't nerf him out of competition :(

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/7/11876776/overwatch-mccree-nerfs-dva-buffs-competitive-play-mode

On the plus side, a buff to D.Va would be a VERY welcome change. I mean look at those big mecha guns; come on, make them spit some proper damage.

• 3 weeks later...