Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

5 hours ago, Depthcharge said:

Uhg, I need help.  I am trying to convert my VF-19 from bot mode to gerwalk/fighter and I absolutely can not get the hip swing mechanism to unlock/budge and swing back down.  Can anyone offer some tips?  

From Bandai's Youtube Channel. Starts at 7:00.

• 2 months later...

Holy Cow! $510 from NY! So glad I picked mine up shortly after it released. After 2 years the only problem I've had is some cracking by the intake due to the stiffness of the hip joints. I actually just went back in and tightened the joint back up, because the legs got all floppy. Now it's back to being like it was out of the box and I'm happy. This is still my favorite of my collection, and I would definitely pick up additional paint schemes. Especially if they did a Low-Vis grey.

I'd also love to have that Nothung.

• 1 month later...

This doesn't have to do with the toy per se, but just a PSA.

I paid for my re-issued Hasegawa VF-19EF/A (aka the VF-19 Advance) model kit at HLJ. It (and the also limited-edition VT/VE-1 kits) are still available there and at Amiami, so if you want to get any of those, better hop to it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2017 at 3:06 PM, Valkyrie Driver said:

Holy Cow! $510 from NY! So glad I picked mine up shortly after it released. After 2 years the only problem I've had is some cracking by the intake due to the stiffness of the hip joints. I actually just went back in and tightened the joint back up, because the legs got all floppy. Now it's back to being like it was out of the box and I'm happy. This is still my favorite of my collection, and I would definitely pick up additional paint schemes. Especially if they did a Low-Vis grey.

I'd also love to have that Nothung.

Oooh be careful with those cracks. Mine broke exactly at the right intake because of the stress at that particular point. It is strange bandai chose soft plastic for a piece that is that thin and is key to keep the leg attached. I was able to fix it but it was very tricky because in fighter the tolerances are zero. If not aligned properly leg, wing, lower and upper intake will never fit. Carefully Apply a thin  layer of super glue so carcks dont get bigger.

On 12/13/2017 at 1:19 PM, RealJayDee said:

Oooh be careful with those cracks. Mine broke exactly at the right intake because of the stress at that particular point. It is strange bandai chose soft plastic for a piece that is that thin and is key to keep the leg attached. I was able to fix it but it was very tricky because in fighter the tolerances are zero. If not aligned properly leg, wing, lower and upper intake will never fit. Carefully Apply a thin  layer of super glue so carcks dont get bigger.

I used a wire to apply some CA glue to the inside of the cracks and pressed them back together as well as applying some glue to the surface, front and back. I also have trained myself to grasp the intake when I want to rotate the hip to prevent further cracking.

My hope is that when Bandai actually releases their YF-19. they have replaced the intake pieces with diecast metal, so that problem is no longer an issue. 

• 9 months later...

So uh. I feel kind of dumb, because I've owned my VF-19 Advance for over a year and I've transformed it several times already. But, uh, the gun points slightly downward in fighter mode. Is there any moving part on the gun pod so that it points more straight in fighter mode? Is there an add-on part that holds the gun pod more straight? Or is the gun pod simply a piece with no moving parts, and it's supposed to point slightly downward in fighter mode?

I feel odd reviving an old thread, but I don't have a Bandai YF-19, so I didn't want to post this in that thread.

6 minutes ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

So uh. I feel kind of dumb, because I've owned my VF-19 Advance for over a year and I've transformed it several times already. But, uh, the gun points slightly downward in fighter mode. Is there any moving part on the gun pod so that it points more straight in fighter mode? Is there an add-on part that holds the gun pod more straight? Or is the gun pod simply a piece with no moving parts, and it's supposed to point slightly downward in fighter mode?

I feel odd reviving an old thread, but I don't have a Bandai YF-19, so I didn't want to post this in that thread.

Did you bend the gun?

It's actually bendable at the stock, you know.

Once "bent", it should be relatively parallel with the arms/underside.

Edited by treatment

33 minutes ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

It's official. I'm dumb. I've had the toy for YEARS and never knew about that. Thanks!

I'm assuming your manual is still in its original 'taped' plastic sleeve? :rolleyes:

Or you could just check out @jenius' Anymoon site for review. Anyways, kidding aside, glad it worked out fine. ^_^

44 minutes ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

It's official. I'm dumb. I've had the toy for YEARS and never knew about that. Thanks!

Don't feel bad.  It was only in the recent YF-19 thread that I realized that during transformation to battloid the legs were supposed to be rotated upward and locked a bit higher up before folding back down.  I had seen those little depressor tabs there at the hips and wondered what they were for.  

2 hours ago, GabrielV said:

Don't feel bad.  It was only in the recent YF-19 thread that I realized that during transformation to battloid the legs were supposed to be rotated upward and locked a bit higher up before folding back down.  I had seen those little depressor tabs there at the hips and wondered what they were for.  

Uh. 

What depressor tabs?

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm assuming your manual is still in its original 'taped' plastic sleeve? :rolleyes:

Or you could just check out @jenius' Anymoon site for review. Anyways, kidding aside, glad it worked out fine. ^_^

I'm working diligently on an update to that review and the new version will include scans of both the VF-19Advance and DX YF-19 instructions as well... for those of you that want to leave the instructions in sealed baggies :)

23 minutes ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

Uh. 

What depressor tabs?

It's the tabs that you need to press so you can rotate the hip joint and make the hip higher for Battroid. Hit play since I marked the video where it needs to start. ;)

17 minutes ago, jenius said:

I'm working diligently on an update to that review and the new version will include scans of both the VF-19Advance and DX YF-19 instructions as well... for those of you that want to leave the instructions in sealed baggies :)

Salute sir for your never-ending contributions! :good:

Edited by no3Ljm

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Scyla said:

What do you think about the transformation, say compared to Masterpiece Transformers?

Honestly man, I don't really feel comfortable answering that because it's such a subjective manner. In general I seem to have an easier time than a lot of people with transformations but even if I say it's punch-a-wall hard you can find it easier than pie.

Just speaking for this particular toy, personally I followed the instructions step by step and got it from fighter to bot (battroid) (skipped chicken walk for the moment) in a couple of minutes  and that's with baby handling. 

-----------

Just wanted to throw a shout out to @Xigfrid and @no3Ljm for the booster adapters and making me aware if them. They should be here by 02/01.

Edited by Kuma Style

2 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Honestly man, I don't really feel comfortable answering that because it's such a subjective manner. In general I seem to have an easier time than a lot of people with transformations but even if I say it's punch-a-wall hard you can find it easier than pie.

Just speaking for this particular toy, personally I followed the instructions step by step and got it from fighter to bot (battroid) (skipped chicken walk for the moment) in a couple of minutes  and that's with baby handling. 

-----------

Just wanted to throw a shout out to @Xigfrid and @no3Ljm for the booster adapters and making me aware if them. They should be here by 02/01.

No issues getting the wing tabs out of the legs? I found it amazingly hard to get out.

One of the wings came off fine and the other took minor strength to get out but still only took a few seconds? Nothing that effected anything but again; subjective because one person's too tight is another's meh.

-------------------

Up close:

6-237.png

4 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Thanks @Kuma Style! And you're welcome. Great photos as always. :good: ;) 

Thanks really go out to @Xigfrid, coz all I did is begged him to do it. :lol:

Edited by no3Ljm