Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

So I'm playing around with mine....

THis is all I gotta say.

It's pretty, but OH My FREAKING GOD why doesn't this stay together like the arcadia.

Transformation is NOT for the squeamish. small parts popping off. Back Leg guards that keep popping off the minute you breath on them.

The feeling you'll NEVER...ever get the fighter back to stock... YF-21 style...

There are a lot of parts that just don't feel locked down like the previous releases. It feels like I'm handling the Bandai 1/72 VF-craps sometimes... no joke.

Yeah. It was same with Spanner. Esp on the nosecone area and the shoulder part.

For the life of me, I CAN NOT get the thing into fighter mode with super parts on

It's all in the legs. Look at how on the chest area there's two tab slots for the legs to tab in. You gotta bend them a lil bit just like the super parts on a VF-1

For the life of me, I CAN NOT get the thing into fighter mode with super parts on

Maybe it was intended for taking off the Super Parts first before transforming it. Then, it's not perfect transformation now. :unsure: I guess, it's the same with Arcadia's. Leg Fast packs keeps on falling off even though it wasn't transformed. :(

Commenting-aside, I'm so excited to go home and pick up the one from HLJ and shout 'Yoohoo!'. :lol:

Edited by no3ljm

It just took an abusrd amount of time to get this guy into fighter again from battroid and with supers on.

LOTS of tabs, but the tabs don't hold super well and are all pure friction tabs. That means that long-term flopporama for sure >_<

Sure looks purty though, but I'm not a huge fan of the bent-dick-mode the gunpod has in fighter mode... you'll know what I mean when you get yours

This guy will stay in fighter and go right into the detolf lol. I think if I look or breathe on anything funny it'll go out of alignment, no joke

post-25-0-97128100-1435097982_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duymon

It just took an abusrd amount of time to get this guy into fighter again from battroid and with supers on.

LOTS of tabs, but the tabs don't hold super well and are all pure friction tabs. That means that long-term flopporama for sure >_<

Sure looks purty though, but I'm not a huge fan of the bent-dick-mode the gunpod has in fighter mode... you'll know what I mean when you get yours

This guy will stay in fighter and go right into the detolf lol. I think if I look or breathe on anything funny it'll go out of alignment, no joke

please explain how you got the legs to properly clear the arms. It's getting on my nerves pretty bad x-x

I got mine this morning and just had some time to play around with it. My first impression is that I love the extra panel detailing this has over the Arcadia version. I hadn't been keeping up with things lately, so some of the gimmicks were a surprise to me as I discovered them while transforming it. I like that they tried to do something with the gunpod angle by having the gun bend in the middle so that it isn't pointed so downwards, although I would have preferred that the handle extended or something. I thought that the inner leg part was ingenious. I knew that the panel folded up before, but didn't realize that the lower part then pushed out as well when you extended the feet.

Overall, it seemed to fit together pretty well without super parts on. with super parts, it came together better than the Arcadia did, although I don't like that a tab and gap is left visible between the wing glove and the leg. Transformation was surprisingly familiar, but it was like a mix of the Yamato and Arcadia versions.

I was left a little disappointed with how the locking of the upper chest was practically non-existent or just very weak. Just trying to move the arms would cause the chest and nose to lift up.

Aside from the boosters having a tendency to pop off easily, transformation from fighter to battroid and back was doable for me with the super parts on.

One other thought... why is it that Bandai forgot to paint the gray stripe on the edge of the upper intake piece just like Arcadia did? I mean come on, they put all this extra detail in and then forgot something basic. It's even on the CG model so one can't say that it wasn't there to begin with.

I am going to keep one in fighter and one sealed.

The battroid is gorgeous though, but my rule is to not have multiples and will depict multiple modes across the various colour schemes of the same VF model.

Sadly there may not be other VF-19s by Bandai, unless they go the Macross 30 route.

Anyone else have issues getting either side super booster thing to actually clip on? Had another look at mine last night and just cant figure out why its not wanting to stay on.. its almostloop like one side is molded differently to the other and is causing a resistance and feels tighter when pushing it on. Might have another go at it but im thinking i might have to shave away some plastic from the booster somewhere..

Hey Duymon. Any comment on the thigh joint in Gerwalk mode? True, even though I still don't have the figure with me, I really don't like the bent-dick-mode as well. So lame. :unsure:

I would laugh if they reissue this. But then there is no need since the production numbers were a lot higher than the VF-25 and YF-29, and the line has established its reputation already.

Are you going to laugh if ever Bandai announce an Aisha's pink VF-19? ;)

Couldn't resist it any longer, I caved and bought a second one from NY this morning.

Good for you, sir! That's the Macross spirit! ^_^

I got mine this morning and just had some time to play around with it. My first impression is that I love the extra panel detailing this has over the Arcadia version. I hadn't been keeping up with things lately, so some of the gimmicks were a surprise to me as I discovered them while transforming it. I like that they tried to do something with the gunpod angle by having the gun bend in the middle so that it isn't pointed so downwards, although I would have preferred that the handle extended or something. I thought that the inner leg part was ingenious. I knew that the panel folded up before, but didn't realize that the lower part then pushed out as well when you extended the feet.

Overall, it seemed to fit together pretty well without super parts on. with super parts, it came together better than the Arcadia did, although I don't like that a tab and gap is left visible between the wing glove and the leg. Transformation was surprisingly familiar, but it was like a mix of the Yamato and Arcadia versions.

I was left a little disappointed with how the locking of the upper chest was practically non-existent or just very weak. Just trying to move the arms would cause the chest and nose to lift up.

Aside from the boosters having a tendency to pop off easily, transformation from fighter to battroid and back was doable for me with the super parts on.

One other thought... why is it that Bandai forgot to paint the gray stripe on the edge of the upper intake piece just like Arcadia did? I mean come on, they put all this extra detail in and then forgot something basic. It's even on the CG model so one can't say that it wasn't there to begin with.

Are you going to weather yours, MacrossJunkie? Looking forward to it. ^_^

I am going to keep one in fighter and one sealed.

The battroid is gorgeous though, but my rule is to not have multiples and will depict multiple modes across the various colour schemes of the same VF model.

Sadly there may not be other VF-19s by Bandai, unless they go the Macross 30 route.

So having a sealed one is not having multiples? Hehehe/ j/k :lol: So what's your plan on the sealed one? Definitely they will go Macross30 route. They will utilize the mold if needs to. ;) You know Bandai.

Hey Duymon. Any comment on the thigh joint in Gerwalk mode? True, even though I still don't have the figure with me, I really don't like the bent-dick-mode as well. So lame. :unsure:

I don't like it at all. I hate it. It feels so awkward not being able to rotate the lower leg outwards. It really limits the range of motion you can get on the gerwalk without looking bow-legged awkward like in the review pics at one site shown earlier.

please explain how you got the legs to properly clear the arms. It's getting on my nerves pretty bad x-x

You need to bend them slightly in the middle.

like... if this is normal<<<__ __ __

You gotta do this <<<__

\__

They key is to align the tab on the top of the inner leg with the lower tab on the side of the torso. Once you do that you can install the leg armor on the back, carefully tab the arms in in their raised position, then put on the shoulder armor which has a tab that locks into the back of the leg.

Anywho...

It's so frustrating because it's such a beautiful bird, but there are a lot of tiny things that drive me nuts, such as the way the canards rotate. Instead of just doing what Arcadia does the canards are locked into a seprate Black peace that pulls out and rotates... well... this pretty much prevents you from doing ANY canard rotation as there should be (since the tampo shows canard gradations). Worse, the canards don't lock in at all in the vertical direction which means that all too often one side or the other will just flop down and go out of alignment. SOOOOO frustrating.

Let's not even get into how the nose doesn't 100% lock all together so a slight nudge is going to make it lift up a lil and pop the bottom piece of of alignment just like this picture from IXTL

TREYry6.jpg

Edited by Duymon

I don't like it at all. I hate it. It feels so awkward not being able to rotate the lower leg outwards. It really limits the range of motion you can get on the gerwalk without looking bow-legged awkward like in the review pics at one site shown earlier.

You need to bend them slightly in the middle.

like... if this is normal<<<__ __ __

You gotta do this <<<__

\__

They key is to align the tab on the top of the inner leg with the lower tab on the side of the torso. Once you do that you can install the leg armor on the back, carefully tab the arms in in their raised position, then put on the shoulder armor which has a tab that locks into the back of the leg.

Anywho...

It's so frustrating because it's such a beautiful bird, but there are a lot of tiny things that drive me nuts, such as the way the canards rotate. Instead of just doing what Arcadia does the canards are locked into a seprate Black peace that pulls out and rotates... well... this pretty much prevents you from doing ANY canard rotation as there should be (since the tampo shows canard gradations). Worse, the canards don't lock in at all in the vertical direction which means that all too often one side or the other will just flop down and go out of alignment. SOOOOO frustrating.

Thanks for your insight and opinion, Duymon. Atleast not everyone is praising this bird. IMHO, I really like the knee joints better with Arcadia since basing on all the photos that coming out is, is totally different from this one. I wonder why Bandai stayed away from that knee jointed Gerwalk, and just go with the swivel thigh joints instead. Would it hinder something upon transformation if ever there was a swivel joint in the knee? This one I really don't get. All I know is, I will appreciate the toy later once I got it, like cosmetic and gimik-wise it's superior than Arcadia. But overall sturdiness and built, I have a feeling Arcadia's the winner. :rolleyes: And I'm not rolling my eyes here.

I had decided mine will remain in fighter mode also once I saw the video that Bandai put out, it looked way too fiddly with all the small panels and folding parts as if it was over engineered. I am glad that someone is speaking about the toy and pointing out their nit picks, I am worried that some people tend to say it's perfect when we all know that these toys are rarely 100% perfect. I am glad that not everyone is a fanboy. I am not directing this at anyone and was not intended to offend anyone who may actually be a fanboy. :p

So anyways, my local post office screwed me again, both of my units from CDJ and HLJ made it to my local post office in time to be delivered today, but they never made it on the truck. Then the aholes decide to mark the tracking as delivery notice left at door, but there is no delivery notice and the tracking says that it never went out for delivery. Now I will have to wait at least until Thursday to pick them both up. I guess it's not that big a deal but damn, a great way to ruin fast shipping service.

Guest davidwhangchoi

damn... what to do...

i wish more people were objective like these posts above, i can't stand when people blow so much sunshine that they can't see any real issues.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

OK, I went by the front door and found that they slipped a delivery notification under my door, but it does not list any tracking numbers... The only thing is my name and a date and they tried to deliver it. Damn I hate USPS lol.

Another thing I have not heard mentioned about this toy is that from the side I notice that the gap at the rear of the plane that allows the wings to go in to highspeed or normal mode. It connects to the leg near the ankles. It looks a lot bigger than on the Arcadia 19.

Edited by Loop

OK, I went by the front door and found that they slipped a delivery notification under my door, but it does not list any tracking numbers... The only thing is my name and a date and they tried to deliver it. Damn I hate USPS lol.

Another thing I have not heard mentioned about this toy is that from the side I notice that the gap at the rear of the plane that allows the wings to go in to highspeed or normal mode. It connects to the leg near the ankles. It looks a lot bigger than on the Arcadia 19.

High speed mode is confirmed the instant you open the box; it comes packed that way

My HLJ order was cancelled as well. Not the best email to find waiting for me this morning... but I don't resent HLJ over it or anything, at least they were honest and straightforward about it.

Because they aren't in the anime, either Frontier or Plus.

This is the first time I've ever had to ask this (because Bandai engineering is f.u.c.king retarded) but how are you supposed to get the small filler pieces on the calves to stay on and avoid the elbows AND line up the tab to get the leg back together in fighter? It just keeps on popping off or doesn't line up. Doesn't matter how many clicks to the thigh/knee, or how little/far I pull out the knee. Something or another doesn't line up or is prohibited and pops off.

NM, I figured it out. That's the worst experience I've had with a Valk ever. Putting the leg parts on the 171 and folding it back into fighter was easier.

Edited by Mommar

Well that's it I've decided to never transform mine - just like any number of variable Fighters I own.

If anyone decides they want to sell one that's already transformed to Battroid mode shoot me a PM. :lol:

-b.

LOL. That's a lot of spending.

Re Tesla: r u getting the battery or ordering the gull-wing car?

god that is a lot of tampo. looking forward to gettting mine when hlj gets off its butt and ships my private warehouse stuff. lol. i'm now wondering if i want to hunt down a second one.....its a REALLY bad month though for toy expenditures (this, the sheryl special vf-117, gbps vf-1j, mp-10 reissue, sever, tesla, some SW stuff, some used stuff i just bought too...most spendy month ever for toys...anybody need a kidney? maybe a vf-0s or 0a? lol). lol

Mine came this morning, about a day earlier than I expected. Yay USPS. (Sorry for your issues with them, Loop) Anyway, having watched Bandai's video a couple times last week, transformation was pretty quick with only a couple surprises. As Macross Junkie noted, the retracting rear half of the inner leg is a cool design, esp the way it snaps out into place when the foot is extended. Mine is pretty solid in the joints ( the right leg's hip joint was so tight I was afraid I was going to snap the leg off, but it gave without incident. Sigh of relief). I was really impressed at the amount of tabbing involved in the chest and upper torso. Mine snapped together very well. The only two issues I had were getting the wing boosters on (finally got 'em, but there's not much holding them on there. Incidentally, I put mine on with the wings folded in their normal battroid configuration. It looks weird with the wings extended) , and my left canard sags a bit in battroid- there's too much play in the joint. Other than those two issues, I found the transformation fairly similar to the Arcadia. The chest has a few extra steps due to the lower sliding bits and the cannon things folding into position. The backpack on mine was pretty tight, so I took it easy extending it for battroid. Due to the ankle design mirroring that of the other frontier valks, the ankles are sturdy and can hold a pose well. The hip joints surprised me at how much the legs can spread. This is by far the most agile of the -19 toys. It also has double-jointed elbows. It also holds the rifle straighter in battroid than either Yamato or Arcadia. I didn't even notice that there's no knee rotation ( not a GERWALK fan), but the articulation it does have makes for a very dynamically poseable figure.

So far, really pleased with it.

HLJ order got cancelled. Hope you guys who got 2 or 3 or 4 each sleep well at night.

Yeah, that's not very fair. Lots of us who got two or more did our best to help others by posting links on preorder night and trying to alert others. Only so much you can do after you take care of yourself first though. The way these things go for Bandai, they would have sold out anyway if we all stuck to one per household. I think the frustration is misplaced but I don't blame you feeling upset. Most people blame Bandai though (or scalpers)...

The mysterious HLJ secure link order worked for me! Got payment request a few minutes ago.

Thanks to the guy that found that link.

+1 to this too. The secure link order worked for me as well and payment was requested by HLJ.

And this is the double standard I was pointing out a few pages back. If Bandai utilized something similar to what worked with Arcadia/Yamato's version, people cry foul at them for copying stuff. But reading some of the more recent impressions, people also complain about why Bandai didn't do the canards or knee joints (or whatever else) just like the Arcadia/Yamato version. The same was also seen with the VF-171 vs VF-17 (e.g. the triangles and the hips). It's like people just want to bash Bandai regardless of what they do.

I know no toy is perfect. I have favorites from Bandai/Arcadia/Yamato, but all of them can also be improved in one way or another by following a similar technique that's been done by the other company.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for mine to arrive so I'll see for myself how it feels in my hands and transforms. Hopefully I get it by tomorrow.

Because they aren't in the anime, either Frontier or

i just rewatched every scene from mac plus that i could think of that showed above the intakes of the yf-19, and no gray stripe anywhere... :o:(

For those who already has the toy on hand: Can you tell firm how many diecast content located in Bandai's VF-19 Advance? Is it more or less than Arcadias?

From watching Bandai's video, it seems most of the leg is diecast (kind of similar to VF-25 style)

For those who still want to place an order, Nippon Yassan has it back in stock (though they raise the price :blink: )

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/product.php?id_product=10446

Guest davidwhangchoi

Sorry to hear that.. but yeah sleeping fine thanks! ;)

hahaha too funny :lol:

well we got ours legit at different places not doubling up at hlj.

i actually cancelled my one copy from hlj long time ago bc i had 3 coming in from all different places. but hlj opened it up and it was up for hours so i pre-ordered only one from them... but maybe if this is a floppy mess i may regret it in a few months.

so far it looks cosmetically good. (except the neck of the bird on the arcadia looks much much better... F360's post pointed out how much better arcadia neck is from the side profile

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41848&p=1204837