Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Wow, last time i saw this thread I wasn't convinced with this YF-19 looks and aesthetics , owning the Arcadia Yf-19. But with these recent pictures, Im beginning to see the light!!!!!

Comparing both versions, I have to say the DX looks sleeker in comparison to the more chubbier Arcadia release. I think i like the DX's lines better but kind of scared of the transformation with prior experiences with Bandai's stuff. OH and the included fast-packs are definitely a plus!!!! Now I have to see if i can even score a pre-order on this baby.... (fingers crossed...)

Something I just noticed - did the 19 always have the cannon on either side of the torso, or was that a modification done to the ADVANCE? Are they cannon at all?

Love, love, love all the tampo; that said, those intake markings look too large and garish for the allocated space. They could have shrunk them by about half. But, at least they're there (take notice, Arcadia). I hope the wing fairing connection point is stout enough to bear the weight of those packs in battroid without drooping. They're starting to grow on me, and I may just decide to leave them on.

From the pic, looks like the gear is unpainted. They go to all the trouble to paint and tampo the snot out of her, and leave the gear bare metal. :wacko:

Love, love, love all the tampo; that said, those intake markings look too large and garish for the allocated space. They could have shrunk them by about half. But, at least they're there (take notice, Arcadia). I hope the wing fairing connection point is stout enough to bear the weight of those packs in battroid without drooping. They're starting to grow on me, and I may just decide to leave them on.

From the pic, looks like the gear is unpainted. They go to all the trouble to paint and tampo the snot out of her, and leave the gear bare metal. :wacko:

maybe they will learn next time around? the previous DX release has very big and like bolded NO STEP tampo, at least on this one it is smaller

I think Bandai just like the landing gears being metal in color. I don't own any Hi-metals other than VF-19s, but it seems bandai painted their landing gears in Silver. So it seems it's just their preference even when given the option to paint them they choose a metal paint.

I understand why they are suppose to be white, but the plain metal landing gears does work pretty well on the Chogokin line, for me at least.

Yeap, still up. Got my second one. Not sure when to off load my other one which I pre-ordered for 26k yen before commission. Maybe I'll just keep it as an unopened grail or sell it to someone locally if I could ever find a buyer.

It appears that HLJ is the only store that tends to reopen Bandai pre-order madness items a month before release.

Edited by calubin_175

I got the following notice from YesAsia this morning.

Due to a change in the manufacturer's production schedule, the expected ship out date of item Macross Frontier Movie Sayonara no Tsubasa: DX Chogokin VF-19 ADVANCE from your order has been extended to June 15, 2015.

Knew that already, but nice to see they're tracking on it.

Can't wait to get this sucker in hand!

damn, look at the amount of Tampo on that thing! Get a frackin clue Arcadia....just sayin.. <_<

Yeah, that was my thinking exactly...

I would've been okay if arcadia managed to tampo the intake markings. But neglecting them is a huge fail.

Pics are looking awesome. Poor Isamu though. All these years and he's still hasn't been promoted to a 2(3) and 4(5) head laser unit.

Pics are looking awesome. Poor Isamu though. All these years and he's still hasn't been promoted to a 2(3) and 4(5) head laser unit.

Well those things are mostly useful when you're being chased. Isamu's so good, he's never found the need for them, because there's never anyone on his tail for very long :p

Edited by Brand-X

Bro....I can't wait for June. And you have to wait for July.

It's true. It's officially gonna be released on the last week of June so basically it will be US-bound on the first week of July. Hence, can't wait for July. Unless you live next door from the Japanese shops. :lol:

Well those things are mostly useful when you're being chased. Isamu's so good, he's never found the need for them, because there's never anyone on his tail for very long :p

He only needs one.

True. Knowing that Max uses 2(1J) and 4(1S). And he's better than Isamu, right? ^_^