Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

26000 yen?? That's almost the same cost of arcadia's YF-19 on black friday PO. If i hadn't secured one at HLJ i think i would just forget about getting it.

crap... now that you put it in that context, i feel like i'm over paying with CD Japan's price (granted it's 23000 yen before shipping), it's still pretty close...

I guess I could chalk it up to the additional cost of the Super Parts.

crap... now that you put it in that context, i feel like i'm over paying with CD Japan's price (granted it's 23000 yen before shipping), it's still pretty close...

I guess I could chalk it up to the additional cost of the Super Parts.

Dont feel it that way....this release has more stuff... Arcadia release has the MP super part and a lot of missile....this release has the same plus MF Super part and a display stand (a ugly one but a stand in the end) for much less money....I try to see it that way. :)

Dont feel it that way....this release has more stuff... Arcadia release has the MP super part and a lot of missile....this release has the same plus MF Super part and a display stand (a ugly one but a stand in the end) for much less money....I try to see it that way. :)

Oh no worries there. I bought 2 of the Arcadia YF-19 afterall, and they're really fantastic. Im not even after the VF-19 Advance for the super parts, but i do like the looka of its battroid mode.

Im just such a sucker for Isamu's ride

Btw, did they ever confirm if the VF-19 has any missle pods on its super parts?

Edited by SaitouSad

Oh no worries there. I bought 2 of the Arcadia YF-19 afterall, and they're really fantastic. Im not even after the VF-19 Advance for the super parts, but i do like the looka of its battroid mode.

Im just such a sucker for Isamu's ride

Btw, did they ever confirm if the VF-19 has any missle pods on its super parts?

I don't know 😁😁😁😁 but the wing has hard point and that can be a good sign 🙈🙈🙈

My GF just walked into a local toy store in Gunma and pre-ordered me a VF-19 without hassle. Hopefully it pulls through :D

ON a side note, that store she went to said she got one of the two that store was alotted.

Jesus freaking christ brick and mortar stores only getting single digits of this sucker is ridiculouso :0

Edited by Duymon

My GF just walked into a local toy store in Gunma and pre-ordered me a VF-19 without hassle. Hopefully it pulls through :D

ON a side note, that store she went to said she got one of the two that store was alotted.

Jesus freaking christ brick and mortar stores only getting single digits of this sucker is ridiculouso :0

being a single digit, 5 to 7 copies is enough to for me to call it Ridiculous. But we are talking 2 copies?!?! :blink:

She's a keeper!

In this day and age, I can't remember the last time I got anything through brick & mortar that wasn't food related :p

Hahaha a therapeutic massage lol

the venting on here is not that bad. you want to see nerd rage, go over to CAG and say you're from SD reselling. a mod banned someone for just helping others get a game but mentioned he got 6 copies himself.

yeah, this is a smart scheme by bandai to limit these on purpose. I live 5 blocks from Gundam Planet, the owner who has a great relationship with Bandai, (since his store is 90% bandai) shared with me that Bandai told him, he can have plenty of the macross vf-1 variable models from bandai but he can only get dx macross if he takes and sells tons of addition stuff from bandai. the owner passed as he said it wasn't worth it. (bandai's way of pushing more merchandise unto dealers with a hot item)

these are tough to get but hopefully everyone will get a chance at one.

wait, i did see dx chogokin macross when i went there several months ago...not many but i'm pretty sure i saw a vf-27 renewal (with superpacks) and somthing else. btw you live right there? lucky you! or unlucky from a spending perspective.

Guest davidwhangchoi

wait, i did see dx chogokin macross when i went there several months ago...not many but i'm pretty sure i saw a vf-27 renewal (with superpacks) and somthing else. btw you live right there? lucky you! or unlucky from a spending perspective.

yep! that's the place i checked out after you told me about gundam planet. i saw the renwal dx 27 there and bandai macross kits within the huge inventory of gundam kits they have. i asked if he can get the frontier renewals and asked how he can sell the gundam kits so low. he shared the story how bandai discovered him and liked his store to become his direct supplier of gundam stuff. that's why his prices are so cheap for a B&M store, when i asked if he can ask bandai to get more macross stuff, he said he can get the model kits but bandai is really strict with dx frontier. he would have to sell additional non gundam stuff by bandai which he didnt want to just to secure 2-3 of copies of a renewal. so he said it wasn't worth it.

the owner is korean and a really nice guy, so its easy to talk with him.

How much did he want for that 27? :)

its marked up very high (forgot the price but about 300 range), im pretty sure he couldn't get it at direct distributor prices. or if he did that was one of his rare copies.

i think there might've been a 25A there as well.

yep! that's the place i checked out after you told me about gundam planet. i saw the renwal dx 27 there and bandai macross kits within the huge inventory of gundam kits they have. i asked if he can get the frontier renewals and asked how he can sell the gundam kits so low. he shared the story how bandai discovered him and liked his store to become his direct supplier of gundam stuff. that's why his prices are so cheap for a B&M store, when i asked if he can ask bandai to get more macross stuff, he said he can get the model kits but bandai is really strict with dx frontier. he would have to sell additional non gundam stuff by bandai which he didnt want to just to secure 2-3 of copies of a renewal. so he said it wasn't worth it.

the owner is korean and a really nice guy, so its easy to talk with him.

A friend of mine used to be co-owner of a sneaker shop, and he said Nike does the same thing. Its a tiered system, where If you want to be able to carry the really hot items, you have stock a bunch of other lines (spend X number of dollars for inventory). He said it wasn't worth it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

A friend of mine used to be co-owner of a sneaker shop, and he said Nike does the same thing. Its a tiered system, where If you want to be able to carry the really hot items, you have stock a bunch of other lines (spend X number of dollars for inventory). He said it wasn't worth it.

i'll trade a 19 pre-order for a pair of jordans :p (heck no!) my sneakers are 30 bucks NB's from SD, no sneaker head here! (but a lot of my students make money buying and selling worn sneakers. lol)

Guest davidwhangchoi

hey Mecha, i just got back from gundam planet while getting wendy's, they actually got in a vf-25s and a bunch of luca's 171s and a 25a

the worker asked me to post it. looks like he's making some headway for macross stuff.

they're all about 220 each (vf-27 is actually 300) (he also has a bunch of 25F tornados) man, i was looking at the new star wars bandai stuff as well as was about to get a x-wing but ended up getting a gundam meteor unit.

hopefully, he'll carry the vf-19 advance when it comes out.

i'll trade a 19 pre-order for a pair of jordans :p (heck no!) my sneakers are 30 bucks NB's from SD, no sneaker head here! (but a lot of my students make money buying and selling worn sneakers. lol)

hahaha... I am not a sneaker head, but my friend is and it funny how are PO stories are similar.

Guest davidwhangchoi

hahaha... I am not a sneaker head, but my friend is and it funny how are PO stories are similar.

i think my students are weird for taking the train all the way to timesquare to purchase a worn shoe from a stranger for 200 that takes 5 bucks to make. they think i'm crazy for paying 200-300 for a plastic toy :p

i'm glad i'm in the right hobby... vf-19... can't wait!

A local seller offers me a PO for a price equivalent of Yen 28K. Should I take it or leave it ? What are the chances this bird getting reissue in the future (with a lower price of course) ?

Reissued? Dunno. But given how willing Bandai seems to reuse all of their molds I'm willing to wager they'll have some repaints down the line (maybe one of them will be easier to pre-order...)

So may I ask, as someone who misses all thee poes for some reason, how limited vf-19 would be? I can find it for around $250 on ebay but just hesitate to commit so much.

You will have a few more chances to secure one at retail after release. If that fails, you could always go back to ebay.

Edited by neoexcaliber

You will have a few more chances to secure one at retail after release. If that fails, you could always go back to ebay.

This listing looks fairly reasonably priced and the seller has quite a good feedback record even if he has 16 negs over the last 12 months.. His positive feedback easily outnumbers the negs by 283 to 1.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pre-Order-DX-Chogokin-Macross-Frontier-F-VF-19-ADVANCE-/321636564437?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae3087dd5

I know many people are a little wary regarding PO's on ebay but I think Paypals buyer protection changed a while back to better accommodate situations such as these.

He has the release date clearly stated in the item listing so the powers that be at ebay and paypal would be able to see that even if they edit the listing down the track.

I currently have a PO through ebay pending at the moment, ok so its not quite as expensive as a VF-19 but I can't say that im overly concerned about it..

Im sure if worse came to worse and the PO fell through that you'd get your money back one way or another. If I didn't already have 3x VF-19 on PO I'd probably give ebay a go!

Thanks for the advice.

Well if 3 becomes too many for you you can always dump one to me.

This listing looks fairly reasonably priced and the seller has quite a good feedback record even if he has 16 negs over the last 12 months.. His positive feedback easily outnumbers the negs by 283 to 1.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pre-Order-DX-Chogokin-Macross-Frontier-F-VF-19-ADVANCE-/321636564437?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae3087dd5

I know many people are a little wary regarding PO's on ebay but I think Paypals buyer protection changed a while back to better accommodate situations such as these.

He has the release date clearly stated in the item listing so the powers that be at ebay and paypal would be able to see that even if they edit the listing down the track.

I currently have a PO through ebay pending at the moment, ok so its not quite as expensive as a VF-19 but I can't say that im overly concerned about it..

Im sure if worse came to worse and the PO fell through that you'd get your money back one way or another. If I didn't already have 3x VF-19 on PO I'd probably give ebay a go!

Edited by ZDZIYO

Now I am jealous of your son...........................And you......

I have a little daughter and expecting another daughter this June. Will girls love robots? I have mixed feelings about this.

well truth be told only 1 of those 3 is actually mine.. 1 is for my son and the other is for another MWF member!

:rolleyes:

Now I am jealous of your son...........................And you......

I have a little daughter and expecting another daughter this June. Will girls love robots? I have mixed feelings about this.

I have 8 and 10 year old girls and they love my Macross, Transformers and Gundam collection. They watch all the anime with me which I make sure is kid appropriate. My ten year old already built her own GUNPLA 2 years ago. They also love the usual girly stuff like My Little Pony and Disney Princess..etc. I let them play with the Hello Kitty Chogokin its perfect for them. Every time I get a package in the mail they are excited to see what new action figure or model it is (unlike my wife :D ). They will be excited when they see the VF-19 Advance come in. And they are total Ranka fans. So girls and robots? It's possible :) .

Edited by ssorcam

Funny, my daughter (8 now) likes it for me (because she knows how much I like it - so cute). She liked to watch Robotech, but really liked the Minmay, Misa and Hikaru love triangle thing - she kind of tuned out during the battle sequences. She likes to look at my collection but knows its hands off. She wants to start a model with me though, I thought I should bring her to a hobby shop and let her choose something she'd like. The coloured Bandai Gunpla stuff might be a good place to start - although I'd hate to get her into Gundam :p

This is really comforting. Maybe IU should buy a chogokin Hello Kitty just for future use. Or 2 of them.

I have 8 and 10 year old girls and they love my Macross, Transformers and Gundam collection. They watch all the anime with me which I make sure is kid appropriate. My ten year old already built her own GUNPLA 2 years ago. They also love the usual girly stuff like My Little Pony and Disney Princess..etc. I let them play with the Hello Kitty Chogokin its perfect for them. Every time I get a package in the mail they are excited to see what new action figure or model it is (unlike my wife :D ). They will be excited when they see the VF-19 Advance come in. And they are total Ranka fans. So girls and robots? It's possible :) .

Edited by ZDZIYO