Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

frakk I hate this crap. I've been keeping an eye out on that page for 2 days now and the second I forget to check it goes up and is gone. Grrrr.

Sorry to hear that Sandman. But don't lose hope! NY usually opens up more pre-orders. I remember that they did so with the VF-25s re-issue last year despite how fast people were snapping them up. And they STILL have the VF-25s in stock today at a very reasonable price. Hopefully this will be the case for this release too.

I've been on hiatus from the mw scene for about a year but when did you move to south korea?

Sup Plastik! I've been living in downtown Seoul S.Korea since last March. LoL. I'll be moving to Japan in March of this year. :) :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

the venting on here is not that bad. you want to see nerd rage, go over to CAG and say you're from SD reselling. a mod banned someone for just helping others get a game but mentioned he got 6 copies himself.

yeah, this is a smart scheme by bandai to limit these on purpose. I live 5 blocks from Gundam Planet, the owner who has a great relationship with Bandai, (since his store is 90% bandai) shared with me that Bandai told him, he can have plenty of the macross vf-1 variable models from bandai but he can only get dx macross if he takes and sells tons of addition stuff from bandai. the owner passed as he said it wasn't worth it. (bandai's way of pushing more merchandise unto dealers with a hot item)

these are tough to get but hopefully everyone will get a chance at one.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I dont know who has the numbers but I rarely see Metal Build or Metal composite gets sold out. Maybe it may be due to the 1/100 MG line up but even with the Metal Build Destiny (a unique, fresh and definitely better looking version) and Avalanche exia (no MG1/100), I saw at least days of opportunity to get one before it gets sold out.

Anyway, I just wished it was always easier to get one.

yeah, this is a smart scheme by bandai to limit these on purpose. I live 5 blocks from Gundam Planet, the owner who has a great relationship with Bandai, (since his store is 90% bandai) shared with me that Bandai told him, he can have plenty of the macross vf-1 variable models from bandai but he can only get dx macross if he takes and sells tons of addition stuff from bandai. the owner passed as he said it wasn't worth it. (bandai's way of pushing more merchandise unto dealers with a hot item)

What VF-1 from Bandai? The model kits? The Hi-Metals? Is this a sneaky mention of a DX VF-1?

Edited by SuperSenpai

so I checked YJA for listing of VF-19 Advance (which shows how many Japanese scalpers are selling). To my surprise, there are 12 listing (out of 51 that my search has returned to) that actually has a bids on them, and the price is from 23.5k yen to 27k yen. :wacko:

Edited by chyll2

I got one last night, it's for my girlfriend's brother, he sucks and is an ass, so I need some brownie points, other then that this valk does 0 for me personally :(.

I would like it if you were my in-law.

I got one last night, it's for my girlfriend's brother, he sucks and is an ass, so I need some brownie points, other then that this valk does 0 for me personally :(.

Save the Valk, take him to a strip club or something. There's nothing T&A cannot solve imho

Edited by Duymon

As I keep trying to tell people, in Japan, you cannot just "walk into a brick and mortar store and buy it". People who can are in the inner sanctum of fandom, they know what time to be at which store. Even then, the flagship Kotobukiya store in the centre of Akihabara only got THREE (3!) Ozma 29's, and they had to put up a sign to that effect at the entrance of the store. This is not intended as a criticism, it is a statement of fact as I have witnessed it in the past few years with Bandai product. If Bandai valks do end up on store shelves, then they are either overpriced, often at twice the original value, or it's an Alto 25, because there are now enough reissues to go around for everyone.

Bandai is simply not making enough of these to meet demand domestically, so yes, consider yourself blessed if you can jump the extra hurdle as an international consumer. But I live in Tokyo and I've given up on ever seeing any of these. Good thing I'm no longer interested in Bandais anymore because of their loose joints and floppiness. I like the 19 design and I am interested in seeing a new take on it, but at this point I am only seeing an inferior product to my Arcadia YF19, which it will probably match the price of by the time I'm ever able to get hold of the Bandai. So just screw it. :/

B-But if it turns out to be a sucky release, he'd forever remember you as the dude who got him a sucky floppy Valk! :p

But jokes aside, that's some serious dedication. It's a long wait though

Guest davidwhangchoi

As I keep trying to tell people, in Japan, you cannot just "walk into a brick and mortar store and buy it". People who can are in the inner sanctum of fandom, they know what time to be at which store. Even then, the flagship Kotobukiya store in the centre of Akihabara only got THREE (3!) Ozma 29's, and they had to put up a sign to that effect at the entrance of the store. This is not intended as a criticism, it is a statement of fact as I have witnessed it in the past few years with Bandai product. If Bandai valks do end up on store shelves, then they are either overpriced, often at twice the original value, or it's an Alto 25, because there are now enough reissues to go around for everyone.

Bandai is simply not making enough of these to meet demand domestically, so yes, consider yourself blessed if you can jump the extra hurdle as an international consumer. But I live in Tokyo and I've given up on ever seeing any of these. Good thing I'm no longer interested in Bandais anymore because of their loose joints and floppiness. I like the 19 design and I am interested in seeing a new take on it, but at this point I am only seeing an inferior product to my Arcadia YF19, which it will probably match the price of by the time I'm ever able to get hold of the Bandai. So just screw it. :/

man, i remember you posting the sign Kotobukiya only got 3 of the 29 ozma... that's rough...

i really hope everyone can get one.

i'm gunning for another as backup in case hlj doesn't come through. (they jerked me and i never got a 25s while reading several got 2-3 shipped from hlj)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I was really on the fence with this one at first, I'm still not so sure about the wings in Battroid mode and whether all that weight from the super packs will make it a floppy mess, but I figure at the worst I can still display it in fighter mode to represent Isamu's cameo in Frontier

3 + years ago in Late 2011,was the initial release of the Bandai Renewal VF-25S. At that time, it was still not difficult to pre-order it locally (Singapore), though the asking price made me decide to forgo a pre-order and since I was making a trip to Osaka, i thought it was a good strategy to get it there instead. Afterall, it had worked for the Alto VF-25F, except that I went to HK instead and it was waaaay cheaper than PO-ing it in my own country.

I combed basically the whole of Den-Den town, and to my horror, there wasn't a single one for sale. I actually found one, but the shop refused to sell it to me, saying that the whole unopened box is for display only. We all know how long we had to wait for the VF-25S after that, and taht to me actually was the start of the PO nightmare for just about any other Bandai valk since.

However, it is only for Bandais. Yamato's (then) and other stuff were pretty plentiful.

I believe the reason for all the apparent "shortages" is due to some retailers and distributors hoarding the stock and trying to inflate the prices. After observing the prices in Japan I see it dropping everday from max 30k in day 1 to max 28k in day 2 to max 26.5k in day 3 and now in day 4 it's just below 25k.

I am sure we will see NY open a few more rounds of PO over the next few days at 26k (They can't bring it down even if they want to now cos they raised it too high in the first jump)

I think the few big hoaders have such a big quantity on hand that they realized it's not moving as fast as they expected it to and are starting to price cut one another, leading to the daily drop.

I won't be surprised that the prices plunge to the actual retail price of 23k yen over the next few days or during the launch period. When that happens, bye bye to the 2 pieces of 26k from NY I ordered. They can store them in their warehouse and wait for the price to go up again or do the right thing by selling at retail to clear it.

NY did not really made a big price increase on the VF-19 as compared to like VF-25S and first reissue VF-25F.

VF-19 retail is 23K. They are pushing it up by 3K to 26K about 13% increase.

VF-25S and VF-25F retail is 14k, first price hike they push it up by 4K to 18K over 29% increase.

VF-25A they push it up by 2K to 16K about 14% increase.

RVF-25 they push it up by 3K to 17K over 17% increase.

VF-27 Super Parts they push it up by 3.5K to 23.5K about 17%.

It's not too bad as compared to like what they did to the VF-25S and VF-25F.

Off topic but the last time I visited Akiba a month ago i was hard pressed to find any macross items. The funny thing was the only item i bought after browsing for two hours was a collapsible trolley as I was helping my future in laws move. I really don't think it's worth the energy and will be giving that area a pass unless friends are asking me to grab something.

There was also absolutely nothing in the dozen or so big/yodobashi cameras I visited.

Edited by raptormesh

Hey guys. Not starting a 'word war' here. But I do understand the frustrations during PO madness. The 3-5 sec window of opportunity. The cart-jacking (happened to me too). The F5 clicking. The price increase afterwards. Everything... I know I missed the VF-19A PO evening and I know that NY is the last option for me if ever they reopen the PO again with a mark up price. Since they're the only ones who open the PO from time to time though they really jack up the price a little bit or more every PO opening after the initial offer. To the point where I'm going to compare the jack up price from other previous releases as well. But let us pause and think that even though they jack up a little, it's still not as bad compared to last year. Remember that Yen is weak nowadays so it's still lower. What I do hate is once the Yen goes up then I will get frustrated as well since it will just be the same price as to what the previous releases were. This is also a 'new' mold from Bandai so I will understand the price increase ala-YF30. (Hoping that this one too will have a matte-finish like YF30). And they do know that the Yen is weak so they need to jack up the initial value as well. What I do know is I need to prepare myself and always check the Yen value so that the moment it goes up, I need to pay my PO before the release date. It's a lesson I learned when I paid in advance for my Ozma reissue. I paid the marked up price from NY and weeks before the release, price went down because the Yen got so weak. Now, let's just hope that Yen will still be the same up to May this year since there's a lot of new releases on the said month. ;)

Anyways, it's just my 2 centavos and I hope nobody will get offended to what I've said. Peace. ^_^

Yeah but im in Australia and the AUD is tanking at the moment, even against the Yen.

the CAD's in the same, or possibly worse, shape at the moment... harrumph

So NY opened up orders three times so far.

missed every single one, even with the email notifications! khaaaaannn!!!

i think they are referring to the model. But tbh, those models are pretty easy to get at discounted price.

i've built the roy and hikaru VF-1Ss, one with super parts and the other with strike parts. the backpack attachments are floppy, and parts keep popping off when you move/transform them (effin fingers and the clear parts near the ankles). threw everything back in the boxes. might rebuild and plastic cement parts together at some point...