Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

So, any potential paint rub areas? Do I need to bust out the tamiya masking tape for Battroid?

None so far. But at first, I was afraid. I thought I scratched the black paint on the nosecone area when I was trying to position it on the back part while transforming it. And so far, there's none. IMO, the paint applied here is kinda more durable than the ones in YF-30. Anyways, time will tell.

Good catch. That is pretty odd since it now doesn't match the shoulders which are still red on top and black on the bottom.

On an unrelated note, I'm going to have to find a match for the tan color they used so I can paint that grey block right above the knee. It just bothers me looking at it because it's so out of place.

Arcadia's version also has it, but they managed to mold it in the same color as the rest of the surrounding area.

Well, advance Happy Birthday, Ryoma. ;) I'm not ruining your plan or anything. But open the box now so that if there's some problems with it, you can contact Anime-Export ASAP for their alloted grace period if ever there's some broken pieces, missing items, etc. And return or get refunded. Anyways, your choice, your decision.

Thank you no3ljm! I am actually really tempted to do that...but, hey you actually gave me a good excuse to take a sneak peek at it ;)

@rnurmin: yes, it was around 200 euro including ems, i know i got lucky this time but i really wanted this bird since i loved M+ since i was a kid and the 19 has always been one of my favourite valk(apart for the M7 variants).

Maybe the chest was a goof-up :lol: remember the V1 Ozma super parts they had the color flipped on the intake cover

I can't recall if there was an illustration in battroid mode in the Macross Chronicle issue that featured the VF-19 Advance....if there is I'll post a pic..unless someone else can find one sooner! :)

Thank you no3ljm! I am actually really tempted to do that...but, hey you actually gave me a good excuse to take a sneak peek at it ;)

You're welcome, Ryoma. But it's not an excuse. You paid a lot on it so you have to inspect it. ;)

In the end, I don't want to scratch my head for something I purchased without inspecting it for not opening the box only to find out there's a missing or broken piece and I can't contest the store now since it way past their 14 day grace/return period. :lol:

On that topic, the gunpod is the weakest part of this release, in my opinion. It doesn't feel right.

Agreed. Im just not liking the bendy function as an attempt to correct its stow posture. They could have come up with something else there such as an extendable angle adjustable stock or molded the stow slots on the arms on a different angle.. Bandai fail moment right there.

*snip*

EbUSfXm.jpg

The Bandai does sit quite tall in this shot! I'd probably be retracting the feet in a little to match the Arcadia at least. And im preferring the knee swivel point on the Arcadia better than the Bandai's swivel joint above the knee.. but that's not a deal breaker!

Awesome photo by the way! Love the back ground!

Got mine this morning. I am liking him so far. The wing boosters are a little fiddly to get on right. Make sure your wings are lined up so the boosters can tab onto the inner most hardpoint as well as the other tabs. The "highspeed" arm appears to be metal. I do feel some soft clicks when moving the wings into place. Very slight. Gonna go for battroid later today, but for now it's back to work!

yes they are and yes done that.. still no joy with my one.. -_-

Oh Damn i missed the pre order window.... In punishment, i will eat my veggies on my lunchplate

David, did you not secure any at all? -_- and what's wrong with veggies!? :D

Edited by spanner76

yes they are and yes done that.. still no joy with my one.. -_-

For me it is the right one. It just doesn't seem to want to tab in, and when it does it is a pretty soft connection. The left one audibly clicks on and off. The right one just kinda goes on, and hopefully stays.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I got mine today, haven't transformed it yet. Just took a couple of quick shots of it.

18940804760_fcdb73ff78_b.jpg

18940805040_fa1448f147_b.jpg

the one in the back look better but the tampos are awesome on the bandai. not sure but the bandai panel lines appear a little too deep making it look cheap like the first vf-0a...

but maybe i need to see it in person.

Hehe. The character explanation says that under atmosphere, it actually had better air combat capability than the ISC equipped VF-25 according to unofficial/undisclosed combat trials. It also says a reserve unit was built. So it is okay to buy more than one.

But even the VF-25s all had at least one reserve unit since Alto's and Michel's got shot down at least once.

Salute! ;)

:D

the one in the back look better but the tampos are awesome on the bandai. not sure but the bandai panel lines appear a little too deep making it look cheap like the first vf-0a...

Both have characteristics I like, I am liking the Bandai a bit more because its sleeker profile. As for the panel lines on the Bandai are not too bad.

Hehe. The character explanation says that under atmosphere, it actually had better air combat capability than the ISC equipped VF-25 according to unofficial/undisclosed combat trials. It also says a reserve unit was built. So it is okay to buy more than one.

But even the VF-25s all had at least one reserve unit since Alto's and Michel's got shot down at least once.

This is truth. :D

@ David H, not sure if anyone has posted them, but here are some landing gear shots.

19132536931_b0b007cbb4_b.jpg

19102960076_04e6754041_b.jpg

Cant wait to see your "quick" shots mate! Im sure they will look awesome! ;)

Those were the "quick" shots. :p

Edited by Saburo

my question with the landing gear is about the functionality

specifically the front bay the articulation attach enough secure to roll without problems?

Rolling forward is ok since it's against the folding hinge. Rolling backwards, not sure. But from the looks of it, the hinge of this one is tight enough. ;)

Hey David. Did you already ordered one from those preorder reopenings?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Rolling forward is ok since it's against the folding hinge. Rolling backwards, not sure. But from the looks of it, the hinge of this one is tight enough. ;)

Hey David. Did you already ordered one from those preorder reopenings?

just the hlj re opening a few days ago that lasted for 12 hours. i think your post tipped me over the edge to pay for it., so far i have none in hand bc i'm traveling in MA and away from home till the weekend.

just window looking at all the pics for now

Haha! The photos didnt show up before!? Must have been a browser issue here at work.. photos look great Saburo!

Saburo's a little sneaky, eh? :lol:

just the hlj re opening a few days ago that lasted for 12 hours. i think your post tipped me over the edge to pay for it., so far i have none in hand bc i'm traveling in MA and away from home till the weekend.

just window looking at all the pics for now

Nice. Good to know you scored. Goal! :lol:

no3ljm, that wasn't taken with a macro lens. It was taken with a 35mm with the new camera. ;)

Wait. What?! No macro lens on the landing gears? Wow! :blink:

Received mine yesterday from CD Japan.

As others have mentioned, the surface details and tampo printing are amazing on the Bandai and put the Acadia to shame.

I transformed it once from Fighter mode to Gerwalk mode and then to Battroid mode, which was fairly quick and easy, although I did use the instruction manual as all the small folding panels are different from any other 19.

The only minor issue I had with transformation was getting the wing roots unpegged from the leg slots in fighter mode and the chest slots in Gerwalk mode. They were so tight, I was worried about stressing or breaking the tabs when I pulled them out. Not sure how many transformations the wing root tabs will survive, but I probably won't transform this toy much.

I attached all the Super parts to battroid mode, apart from the large boosters, as I think they look silly in battroid mode. The Super parts all seem to attach pretty firmly in battroid mode. Haven't tried attaching the Super parts in Fighter mode yet.

Overall the toy seems to lock together pretty well in standard Fighter mode, Gerwalk mode and Battroid, although I do wish the Battroid mode chest and nose locking was a bit more secure, given the large number of tabs involved, as the nose/chest area seems to come start fairly easily when picking up and handling the toy

Anyway, the toy looks great in all three modes, although I do have a few minor gripes about Fighter mode, which I'll list in another post.

Got mine today, would have been yesterday but I missed the Mailman. As is tradition with me, pictures of the Toy still in its HLJ box!

So far I have my VF-19 in fighter mode and was attempting to put the Armor on, everything seems easy to apply except the boosters... is there a trick that I'm missing because mine will not click or snug up, at least not without feeling like I'll break the wing. Overall she's a very impressive looking toy, the Tampo is spectacular!!!

post-6180-0-71468100-1435196973_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-19642000-1435196987_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-72833500-1435196994_thumb.jpg

A couple of gripes

1. The wing boosters are a pain in the ass to attach. The only connect by 2 tabs, one very small round one and rectangle one. They come off at the slightest touch.

2. The shield gimmick makes the flaps next to the head not sit flush in fighter mode. Why have it anyway when for gerwalk you have to put another neck cover in.

3. The gaps on the forward part of the fuselage or what ever it's called, above the main intakes is kinda of gappy.

Overall I like it, but transforming it to fighter mode with the 2 fast pack parts on back of the legs was hell.

Like most everyone else I like, or appreciate that Bandai used tampo printing for so many markings, but for me it's almost too much. For me part of the 19's appeal (well the YF-19) was how clean it looked.

Not a complaint, just more of a statement that I need to recognize it as the VF-19 Advanced vs. a YF-19.

-b.

Honestly... while I appreciate the work putting so many markings on, yes, it's overwhelming. On top of this, Bandai's seeming refusal to try and actually understand anything about aircraft usually means that half the markings are going to be nonsense. All it reminds me of is when I was 6 years old, and my dad gave me a set of datasheet decals to put on a model plane as practice.

The markings are really too big, and too stark, so I might actually remove a good portion of them... well, assuming they actually stay on anyway. It's like they go overboard to try and win over the aircraft otaku element of Macross fandom, without actually really trying to understand why people appreciate those details. :huh:

Honestly... while I appreciate the work putting so many markings on, yes, it's overwhelming. On top of this, Bandai's seeming refusal to try and actually understand anything about aircraft usually means that half the markings are going to be nonsense. All it reminds me of is when I was 6 years old, and my dad gave me a set of datasheet decals to put on a model plane as practice.

The markings are really too big, and too stark, so I might actually remove a good portion of them... well, assuming they actually stay on anyway. It's like they go overboard to try and win over the aircraft otaku element of Macross fandom, without actually really trying to understand why people appreciate those details. :huh:

I'm not as informed on aircraft details so I tend to look at it for what it is. A giant, spacefaring plane, which happens to be able to transform into a half robot, then the full thing with pointy bits and firing lasers n missiles (IN SPACE!). Then I remember that yeah it's also a toy so it doesn't bother me as much. :)

Having said that, I'm more into the overly obvious mistakes like the VF-171 plastic, which turned three of my beloved CFs into junk, and the bad QC paint jobs which I sometimes happen across. Guess we all have our own things to nitpick.

Sorry guys, I honestly didn't mean to open a can of worms.

I see where you're both coming from though;

IF as Chronocidal talks about, the intent was to add details in the interest of accuracy then yeah those details should be accurate (and I have no idea if they are or are not), however

IF the intent was just to add more detail to make the design "pop" or be reflective of the fictional source material then cool, as Shukenzero said "giant, space-faring plan"

By no means is the amount of tampo a deal-breaker, it's just something that is really noticeable in the pictures and in-hand by virtue of the amount of print applied to the toy.

-b.