Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Would like good pics of the main landing gear when possible---regardless of size/color, they simply don't look like the -19's landing gear, like they just copied, well, the YF-23 if anything.

Even if painted white, they seem to be "mounted backwards" and have no side-strut/drag-strut. They're more like a typical nosegear, than a main gear---and again, not at all like a -19's gear, from what I can see.

(which is kinda sad, considering how well-documented the -19's landing gear is---many drawings, especially from M7 for the -19F/S and Basara's)

Oh yeah, account suspended here. HLJ is really putting their best foot forward, what gives?

I mean, I imagined they might cancel the orders if they're overfilled, but flat out suspensions.

Edited by Zaid

HLJ does suspend your account if you go over the purchase limit. It's been their practise for some time now. You'd have to contact them to get it unblocked but you might lose 1 of your pre-order. More if you purchased multiples.

I'd say you're unfortunate as it looks like those who ordered multiples in the first round didn't have any problems.

Edited by neoexcaliber

Yeah I know they are very straight when it comes to ordering multiples, and I did order 2 since we all heard about some guys who got 2 from them

Oh well, I did send an email already, I just hope I wont lose any more of my other orders

Edited by mog_kupo

Besides, who really knows who came up with the original design? Are all toys that use double-jointed elbows and knees "copycats" now? How about ball-jointed wrists? Did Yamato "copy" Bandai for adding diecast to their valkyries? My point is, toy design is always evolving. Unless there's a patent on a particular mechanism, then it's only realistic that people will take inputs from things that work. If everybody insisted that everyone should come up with their own unique design, then toys would end up being stupid complicated and may even end up worse.

Well, there is a fine line between copying others' works and using "common practice". Certainly you cant say Arcadia copies Bandai because Arcadia uses plastic for their toys (or in your argument, ball jointed wrist). But using the exact same gimmicks, let alone the same mechanisms to achieve the said gimmicks, is copying in my book. Well, to each his/her own. Cheers!

Would like good pics of the main landing gear when possible---regardless of size/color, they simply don't look like the -19's landing gear, like they just copied, well, the YF-23 if anything.Even if painted white, they seem to be "mounted backwards" and have no side-strut/drag-strut. They're more like a typical nosegear, than a main gear---and again, not at all like a -19's gear, from what I can see.(which is kinda sad, considering how well-documented the -19's landing gear is---many drawings, especially from M7 for the -19F/S and Basara's)

From what I've been able to see in the pictures so far, it's your typical Bandai lame-excuse-for-landing-gear default. A skinny stick with a tiny tire at the end, and a lump that kind of resembles a shock scissor. They looked just like the VF-25 gear.

just looking through the toys daily review im loving the amount of surface details on the Bandai! And the back filler piece which neatly tucks away into the shield is a fantastic idea! That's one thing that's always bothered me about supposedly perfect transformation toys is having bits left over or that have to be removed and re-fitted elsewhere.. But this solution is awesome!

I bet Arcadia will be bashing their heads against a wall now for not thinking that one up themselves!

Also looks like it sits on the Bandai stand at a better angle than other DX Valks do.. still don't like those stands though but it will suffice until I order something else..

EIPekQk.jpg

much love! :D

Edited by spanner76

Yeah I hope everyone gets a copy and soon cos this is Bandai bringing their A-game. The whole unit makes me warm and fuzzy inside knowing that they have finally pushed the envelope in terms of fracks-given. Gone are the v1 25 days.

As a collector it's nice to find a company is doing it for more than just their bottom line. I'm sure there are many Macross fans within the valk departments and it shows through their products. In the long run it might be a floppy mess but out of the box you definitely see the love.

Yeah I hope everyone gets a copy and soon cos this is Bandai bringing their A-game. The whole unit makes me warm and fuzzy inside knowing that they have finally pushed the envelope in terms of fracks-given. Gone are the v1 25 days.

As a collector it's nice to find a company is doing it for more than just their bottom line. I'm sure there are many Macross fans within the valk departments and it shows through their products. In the long run it might be a floppy mess but out of the box you definitely see the love.

Do the wings actually snap in place where they're supposed to or is it friction based like the Arcadia version?

Hobbysearch hasn't shipped my item yet. Has anyone received a shipping notification?

Hobbysearch is usually slow in my experience. They can take up to a week after payment to ship a pre-order item.

Used to happen to me every time when I still used to be able to get my DX Chogokin pre-orders from them.

Do the wings actually snap in place where they're supposed to or is it friction based like the Arcadia version?

I tried it quickly but its friction based. I thought there were grooves on the metal arm for a reason but apparently not. The left metal arm is slightly looser than the right too.