Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

I am still trying to figure out if the backpack will be diecast like the Yamato VF-19's/Arcadia YF-19. I think that will increase the durability during massive transformations, It also added a nice heft to the toys.

I have a feeling that it will not have a big chunk of diecast as big as the backpack for this release. I'm trying to imagine how big the diecast part on any other DX releases esp a part of the torso/chest. And usually DX Valks only uses diecast on the joints. But if it has, then it would be nice. But I still doubt it.

Yes. It will be released on the 20th.

Quick question, has anyone recieved an pay invoice from HLJ yet?? Thanks

Not yet. I'm basing this on what Scyla's reply on the said inquiry that I asked a few pages ago. And here's Scyla's reply:

They send out the payment request when the item enters your private warehouse (or is in stock). You than have three days to pay the item. At least that is the way for private warehouse items (where all my stuff goes at first).

You can cancel the preorder without any repercussions before the request is send. After you received the request you have to pay otherwise they will cancel your account. After the item is in your private warehouse you can still cancel it but you will get back store credit and they won't refund the whole price. The one time I cancel an item in my warehouse they only refunded me 80% of the item. Luckily it was only a 600 Yen toy. ^_^

Eh, while it's not necessary, I think it's cool that they incorporated the waist swivel; it's a first for a -19 toy. The folding nose gear is an interesting innovation, but I wonder how the mid joint will hold up over time, esp if you extend and retract the gear often. I also like the retracting inner leg panels to preserve the look of the inner leg, but I hope it doesn't become a floppy mess down the road. I don't even have the thing yet, and already my stress level is climbing. :wacko:

Mine will spend the vast majority of its existence in battroid, so it's not much of an issue for me. The hip ball joints are my big worry. I'll likely leave the wing packs off to preserve the wing shroud joints' integrity. Glad I just put up some new shelves, as my current valk display space is full. Need some Detolfs. B))

I'm totally with you guys. Esp on everyone's concerns. But don't forget also the retracting back area to Battroid mode. How I wish the retracting rails are diecast or high quality plastic. Transforming this everytime to Battroid might loosen up a bit. Anyways, let's hope that everything should be fine after the 20th. ^_^

Ya' know it's weird, I love the Yamato 1/60 scale VF-19 series (Kai/S/F/P). I have 8 of them in total and have never had any problems with any of them. They all look great. lock together perfectly, still have tight joints, nothing's broken and none of them have loose ankes (although I'll admit I rarely put them in Gerwalk mode). And they are fun and easy to transform. The 19S and 19F are probably my all-time favorite Yamato toys in terms of design, appearance, quality and fun-factor, and in my opinion, the pinnacle of Yamato's design and engineering prowess.

So in theory the Arcadia 1/60 YF-19 with it's Yamato VF-19 design heritage should have hit a home run. On paper at least it ticked all the right boxes in terms or proportions, design, gimmicks etc., but there is something about it that just leaves me cold and it has ended up my least touched and least handled VF toy.

I'll admit the Arcadia 1/60 YF-19 has far better proportions than it's Yamato 1/60 YF-19 predecessor. However, in my opinion it just looks too plain with the minimal Tampo printing (I think I've been spoilt by Bandai). The ankles were very loose on one of mine out of the box (haven't even bothered to test the second one), the folding rudders were more of an annoyance than a fun gimmick and the high-speed mode on the wings was terribly implemented. In fighter mode, the wings won't hold a fully swept forward postion due to the loose high-speed wing joints. The problem is further exacerbated when you add missiles to the wings. Somehow, the Arcadia YF-19 at least for me managed to lose all its fun-factor. And for me at my age, and the current place I am in my life, fun-factor, ease of transformation etc., currently takes priority.

In the Macross universe, I love the YF19/VF19A design, it's probably my second favorite VF design after the VF-17 (VF-1 is third in case anyone was wondering).

I'm actually quite excited about the Bandai VF-19 Advance. The Bandai VF-19 Advance certainly looks better with all the Tampo printing. Although their gunpod is definitely worse (too narrow in the upper and lower handguard area). But overall the Bandai has me far more excited than I was with Arcadia's effort.

Anyway, the proof of how fun and enjoyable this toy is will be in the handling when I finally get my hands on it .

Graham

Building on Graham's comments above, I too love the design and engineering of the VF-19 valkyrie series from Yamato. And although it's not my top pick (design wise, its a tie between the VF-25S and the VF-0S. Engineering wise, I like the simplicity of the VF-1), I'm looking forward to how Bandai's VF-19A will improve on what is already a commendable effort by Yamato.

I agree that the ubiquitousness of small fiddly parts in the VF-19A's transformation is a cause for concern (higher probability of parts failure). I am also concerned about the type of materials they will be using for the more crucial parts of the valk (none of that black plastic from the VF-171 cannon fodder please!). Considering also that this is a first edition release, that makes me REALLY concerned about the long term integrity of this toy, even though Bandai already brought their "A" game into their 1/60 Macross toys since the YF-29.

Otherwise, the VF-19A is a mighty fine looking bird. Its an iconic valk to be sure, and to have a "modernized one" with Frontier-era super packs is just icing on the cake.

I just hope HLJ won't not screw me over my VF-19A pre-order, like what they did with my pre-order for a VF-25S re-issue during the pre-order madness last year. :wacko:

I would agree as well that out of all my valks Yammie's VF-19S is the best toy - it has taken a lot of abuse(well, relative to the others), survived a few flaws, won a battle with my fingers(the sharp edges. sheesh) and is easily transformed without me hyperventilating. I just wished it was matte, but that's a different battle. -_-

The 19 is my second fav design as well, after the 21/22, with the 30 coming in third. The VF-1 is err...10th? /duck for cover :ph34r:

Thirding the comments concerning Yamato's/ Arcadia's -19 line. The engineering, and subsequent achievement in aesthetics, is remarkable. I hope they bring this kind of innovation to an eventual, and all around improved, YF-21.

The YF-19 is my favorite valk design, followed by the VF-25( I like the lanky battroid), so I was ecstatic to have scored a recent preorder for the Advance. I'm really hoping this will be a solid figure, although it already looks to be slightly more involved due to the chest and leg panels. From the pics, though, she's looking quite lovely. Bandai definitely scores huge points off the bat for all the tampo, a practice I hope Arcadia adopts for their future releases.

From that last photo at the very least it does look like its a fair bit larger than the 30 sitting next to it, given the camera angle of course. Seeing that the 19 is quite a bit more of a hefty bird than others I was a little concerned that Bandai would mess about with the toys final proportions and that it would end up incorrectly sized to around their current line of Valkyrie (25,27,29 in particular) but in that photo it does look like it has a considerable or noticeable size difference happening.

I am super keen to line it up side by side to the Yamato & Arcadia 19 lot and see how much different they really are.

And from the transformation video it does give the impression that its going to be the most complex built Valkyrie from either manufacturer. I guess we'll just have to wait for the final hands on for all the answers.

So anyways the next few days till release will be a long few and to be honest im done with the waiting and just want this thing already. I just hope it lives up to the hope and expectations that people have set for it.

You guys who ordered from play asia, I don't know why you didn't see the feedback section.

But they take your money, even if they don't have the product, and you're going to have to dispute it to get it back.

Not only that but if you paid by paypal they will keep a portion of said payment.

You guys who ordered from play asia, I don't know why you didn't see the feedback section.

But they take your money, even if they don't have the product, and you're going to have to dispute it to get it back.

We did see it, but several months ago they were the only people who still had the 19 for sale, because Bandai sucks at letting us buy things. Consequently once HLJ opened up orders again I attempted to cancel. Looks like Play-Asia isn't letting go.

Play-Asia got me once, when the VF-25S was being reissued. I'd read all the caveats, but they were the only open preorder, so I dived in. Needless to say, I didn't get my VF-25 from them, but I did get my refund and a Paypal fee. <_< It's a shady practice, and I'll reiterate what's already been said: avoid them, at least for valk preorders. Incidentally, once they notified me that they didn't have my item, they offered me the choice of refund with Paypal fee, or store credit. :rolleyes: That's how they roll; buyer beware.

From that last photo at the very least it does look like its a fair bit larger than the 30 sitting next to it, given the camera angle of course. Seeing that the 19 is quite a bit more of a hefty bird than others I was a little concerned that Bandai would mess about with the toys final proportions and that it would end up incorrectly sized to around their current line of Valkyrie (25,27,29 in particular) but in that photo it does look like it has a considerable or noticeable size difference happening.

I am super keen to line it up side by side to the Yamato & Arcadia 19 lot and see how much different they really are.

And from the transformation video it does give the impression that its going to be the most complex built Valkyrie from either manufacturer. I guess we'll just have to wait for the final hands on for all the answers.

So anyways the next few days till release will be a long few and to be honest im done with the waiting and just want this thing already. I just hope it lives up to the hope and expectations that people have set for it.

Yep, looking forward to comparing it with the Arcadia. Scale, honestly, doesn't bug me as much as design, and so far she does appear to be complex, interesting, and pretty.

watched "Frontier Wings of Goodbye" last night and I finally saw the 2 second appearance of this bird..LOL..wow. If you blinked, you missed it. :lol:

It was more than 2 seconds. Like 5 seconds. Timestamp at 0:17. ^_^

Edited by no3ljm

AE has started sending notification emails. The items are apparently already in stock.

Yes! :)

BTW any of you having trouble with contacting AE?

I've send a message over their web site, but no one replied me recently...

Edited by charger69

Yes! :)

BTW any of you having trouble with contacting AE?

I've send a message over their web site, but no one replied me recently...

I had the same experience with them. Any messages regarding cancellation or refunds gets totally ignored by them but my last email about my address was replied. They're selective, just like those bastards at NY.