Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Anyone know when the release date is as of yet? I know it's slated for late May, but I'm curious when it'll show up, as I'd love to get a chance to pick it up (since i missed out on preorders.)

I imagine Amiami, HLJ, or CDJapan will have a few left over morning of release?

I never knew I needed the VF-19 in my life, but I absolutely do. It's gorgeous.

Not to rain on your parade, but we don't even know if it will be available upon release. Pre-orders sold out in a minute or less and no new stock has been added to any websites over that time. Either their all holding back or Bandai is under-producing this one even more than their Frontier stuff. There are still people on this message board who were never able to pin down a 25G.

Anyone know when the release date is as of yet? I know it's slated for late May, but I'm curious when it'll show up, as I'd love to get a chance to pick it up (since i missed out on preorders.)

I imagine Amiami, HLJ, or CDJapan will have a few left over morning of release?

I never knew I needed the VF-19 in my life, but I absolutely do. It's gorgeous.

Late May releases, usually ends up on everyone's doorstep the first week and a half or so of the next month via EMS. And that includes shipping.

When and where are we going to see it during or after the release date, we'll never know. Some might pop up over Nippon-Yasan after the release date but expect the price to be higher. :unsure:

Not raining on my parade at all, I've seen how this hobby works, some guys pick up 6+ plus copies, others can't even get 1.

I know some places like hlj, cdjapan have a preorder quantity but still receive more upon release (though this is a crapshoot.) I'm still waiting to pick up my first Valk, so I'm in the beggars will remain beggars world. -.-

No3ljm, I try to avoid Nippon Yasan, their prices are usually ridiculously high, a scalper works just the same on Amazon at that point.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Not raining on my parade at all, I've seen how this hobby works, some guys pick up 6+ plus copies, others can't even get 1.

it's only one per customer. so there's no way someone can get 6+ copies. (if they did, they must;ve worked really hard getting one at each retailer)

my advice is to hang out on this thread as people will post if any come up back up for pre-orders. i've grabbed ones i missed the pre-order window for: a week or two before release day. and i wouldn't rule out NY if the pricing is decent. sometimes it's the only source avail for these things.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Yup. That's why you shouldn't totally ignore Nippon-Yasan. Most of the time, they're the only ones that have exclusive releases. For example, the new Ichiban Kuji Sheryl and Ranka releases, you wouldn't see that in AmiAmi, HLJ, or other stores. Same thing with web exclusive Robot Spirits releases as well. Sometimes things you don't see in AmiAmi, HLJ, HobbySearch... you will find it in Nippon-Yasan. ^_^

Because it is real, Zaid. ;) Almost everyone here knows NY's game when it comes to preorder and whatnot. But to be honest, I am a one happy NY preorder customer. I mean, PO pricing-wise, it's almost the same as every other stores. The downside is once you miss or didn't made the preorder time esp for 'hot' items, then basically, you're just going to wait for a chance of getting it from other stores who still offers initial price. If not, then last resort is to dive NY's post release increased prices. The good side in all of this is NY's 'pay later' option. You can just play the exchange currency first, wait if the Yen is low, then if you're happy with the conversion, pay it immediately. Either way, you're probably going to end up buying it from Nippon-Yasan upon release. Guaranteed. ^_^

Nippon-Yasan does have some good pricing here and there, some even better than HLJ and AMIAMI, ( i think the Arcadia VF-1J armor was one of them). And because they change their price due to demand you can get some pretty good deals when they are clearing stuff out too.

I absolutely appreciate the suggestion. I guess a 'break glass incase of' site like NY isn't a bad recourse at the end of the day.

I can guarantee being able to grab one in Hong Kong on release. If you need one let me know and I'll let you know the price I see it for and if you still need I'll get it for you. At least the mark up won't be ridiculous

I can guarantee being able to grab one in Hong Kong on release. If you need one let me know and I'll let you know the price I see it for and if you still need I'll get it for you. At least the mark up won't be ridiculous

PM'ed my friend.

Because it is real, Zaid. ;) Almost everyone here knows NY's game when it comes to preorder and whatnot. But to be honest, I am a one happy NY preorder customer. I mean, PO pricing-wise, it's almost the same as every other stores. The downside is once you miss or didn't made the preorder time esp for 'hot' items, then basically, you're just going to wait for a chance of getting it from other stores who still offers initial price. If not, then last resort is to dive NY's post release increased prices. The good side in all of this is NY's 'pay later' option. You can just play the exchange currency first, wait if the Yen is low, then if you're happy with the conversion, pay it immediately. Either way, you're probably going to end up buying it from Nippon-Yasan upon release. Guaranteed. ^_^

We still need to face the idea that not even NY could have any of these left-over. It has happened in the past, regardless of how we might feel about their market pricing tactics. I'm still skeptical there will be any available at release.

We still need to face the idea that not even NY could have any of these left-over. It has happened in the past, regardless of how we might feel about their market pricing tactics. I'm still skeptical there will be any available at release.

Yeah. That's true also. It's better not to anticipate that there will be left overs. :rolleyes: If there is, then order away. ;)

I can't argue with their pricing shenanigans, but I have NY to thank for a goodly portion of my valks. They've come through for me a number of times when I couldn't find a particular valk anywhere. Also, they always pack my stuff well with lots of cushioning in the box. HLJ just puts the item in a box slightly larger than the item and stretches a piece of celophane over it. Fortunately, I've never had anything damaged, but it seems lacking for a fragile item.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Some different angles: credit TagHobby

super03.jpg

Photo from a Tamashii Campaign event held this weekend.

7txWsEi.jpg

has the same gap as before where the wing attaches to the leg... wonder if the supers are weighing it down... (in fact it looks like the same exhibit from before... :wacko: )

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I can't argue with their pricing shenanigans, but I have NY to thank for a goodly portion of my valks. They've come through for me a number of times when I couldn't find a particular valk anywhere. Also, they always pack my stuff well with lots of cushioning in the box. HLJ just puts the item in a box slightly larger than the item and stretches a piece of celophane over it. Fortunately, I've never had anything damaged, but it seems lacking for a fragile item.

Yeah, HLJ is the only one who does this. They litterely just throw the item in the box with some air bubble pieces and thats it. I hate them for that considering every other compnay bubblewraps my orders in some way.

I am not too concerned about the wing not being tabbed in, considering this booster looks like it is upside down, or assembled wrong:

15kvBY4.jpg

Should we be seeing SMS tampo'ed on the side? Shouldn't the longer booster be on the bottom?

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Those wing packs look great in jet mode, but look like kibble overload in battroid. To me anyway. If I ever manage to order one, I'll probably leave them off, since all my valks are displayed in battroid.

Love the tampo/ I wish Arcadia would follow suit.

Oh well, looks like I'm going to have to bend over and take my Ebay raping to get one, it honestly looks better than Arcadia's version of the YF-19.

there are some on yahoo japan's auctions for about 250-280. i'm testing the waters with buyee