Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Funny, my daughter (8 now) likes it for me (because she knows how much I like it - so cute). She liked to watch Robotech, but really liked the Minmay, Misa and Hikaru love triangle thing - she kind of tuned out during the battle sequences. She likes to look at my collection but knows its hands off. She wants to start a model with me though, I thought I should bring her to a hobby shop and let her choose something she'd like. The coloured Bandai Gunpla stuff might be a good place to start - although I'd hate to get her into Gundam :p

That is great idea to get her started on models and robots, take her to the hobby shop and let her pick one. You never know she could pick the Perfect Grade Unicorn. Hehe

Guest davidwhangchoi

Sure, maybe we could let her start with your stuff first... :p

np! come by tonight w/ your family and you can pick one to start with :D i have a few doubles so she can take one.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

np! come by tonight w/ your family and you can pick one to start with :D i have a few doubles so she can take one.

I have an extra VF-1J with a questionable shoulder around specifically for my nephew to play with if he wants. Doesn't matter if it breaks really.

well truth be told only 1 of those 3 is actually mine.. 1 is for my son and the other is for another MWF member!

:rolleyes:

Now I am jealous of your son...........................And you......

I have a little daughter and expecting another daughter this June. Will girls love robots? I have mixed feelings about this.

I have 8 and 10 year old girls and they love my Macross, Transformers and Gundam collection. They watch all the anime with me which I make sure is kid appropriate. My ten year old already built her own GUNPLA 2 years ago. They also love the usual girly stuff like My Little Pony and Disney Princess..etc. I let them play with the Hello Kitty Chogokin its perfect for them. Every time I get a package in the mail they are excited to see what new action figure or model it is (unlike my wife :D ). They will be excited when they see the VF-19 Advance come in. And they are total Ranka fans. So girls and robots? It's possible :) .

Funny, my daughter (8 now) likes it for me (because she knows how much I like it - so cute). She liked to watch Robotech, but really liked the Minmay, Misa and Hikaru love triangle thing - she kind of tuned out during the battle sequences. She likes to look at my collection but knows its hands off. She wants to start a model with me though, I thought I should bring her to a hobby shop and let her choose something she'd like. The coloured Bandai Gunpla stuff might be a good place to start - although I'd hate to get her into Gundam :p

Interesting to see so many fathers with daughters here. I have a 9 month old myself, and already I am worried if I should ever expose her to my hobbies.

There's no doubt that she will see my collection one day, but it'd be nice to be able to share it with her, since my wife isn't very interested in my collection.

On the other hand.. I don't think I would want to subject her to such a slippery slope.. ever....

Interesting to see so many fathers with daughters here. I have a 9 month old myself, and already I am worried if I should ever expose her to my hobbies.

There's no doubt that she will see my collection one day, but it'd be nice to be able to share it with her, since my wife isn't very interested in my collection.

On the other hand.. I don't think I would want to subject her to such a slippery slope.. ever....

You never know. At least a room full of robots is better than one of barbies, IMHO.

Getting a little OT, but it seems that a lot of us have daughters instead of sons. I have an 8 year old going on 9 daughter too. While she likes Macross (especially Mylene, Ranka and Sheryl), she's not really into the valks (unless its Mylene's of course).

On one hand, I think that's a good thing because at least, I don't have to have an extra budget to get valks specifically for her (like Spanner does for his son). On the other hand, I feel sad because I won't be able to pass down my valks to her (she'll probably just end up selling them).

Getting a little OT, but it seems that a lot of us have daughters instead of sons. I have an 8 year old going on 9 daughter too. While she likes Macross (especially Mylene, Ranka and Sheryl), she's not really into the valks (unless its Mylene's of course).

On one hand, I think that's a good thing because at least, I don't have to have an extra budget to get valks specifically for her (like Spanner does for his son). On the other hand, I feel sad because I won't be able to pass down my valks to her (she'll probably just end up selling them).

I sobbed little bit reading the last sentence.

As I keep trying to tell people, in Japan, you cannot just "walk into a brick and mortar store and buy it". People who can are in the inner sanctum of fandom, they know what time to be at which store. Even then, the flagship Kotobukiya store in the centre of Akihabara only got THREE (3!) Ozma 29's, and they had to put up a sign to that effect at the entrance of the store. This is not intended as a criticism, it is a statement of fact as I have witnessed it in the past few years with Bandai product. If Bandai valks do end up on store shelves, then they are either overpriced, often at twice the original value, or it's an Alto 25, because there are now enough reissues to go around for everyone.

Bandai is simply not making enough of these to meet demand domestically, so yes, consider yourself blessed if you can jump the extra hurdle as an international consumer. But I live in Tokyo and I've given up on ever seeing any of these. Good thing I'm no longer interested in Bandais anymore because of their loose joints and floppiness. I like the 19 design and I am interested in seeing a new take on it, but at this point I am only seeing an inferior product to my Arcadia YF19, which it will probably match the price of by the time I'm ever able to get hold of the Bandai. So just screw it. :/

Amen bro. I would much rather pay a premium for premium quality item without hassle of waiting for the item to be available, than a cheap alternative which is hard to obtain because the company restricts availability on purpose. When I was younger that kind of thing excited me but it's so annoying now. Hopefully arcadia don't go belly up like yamato. I have already saved up my money for the upcoming vf-0d.

Love the progress bandai has made but its like they only exist in the macross space to kill arcadia then they relax after they kill them off lol

Beargguy. :D

ban994360_0.jpg

Wow, that's great, she loves cute stuff like this! Thanks David.

I like this a bit better for me... :p

post-244-0-01037700-1421073063_thumb.jpg

Now I'm on the search - never seen this before at our local hobby shop. (sorry for the OT)

Edited by wm cheng

so NY never re-opened their slots, does this means they cant procure other shops stocks as well?

edit:

A search in Yahoo auctions returned 118 closed auction at above SRP.

http://closedsearch.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch?va=dx+vf-19&oq=&auccat=0&slider=0&ei=UTF-8&b=1

and there are close to 30 open auctions ongoing for it.

Edited by chyll2

I'm a little concerned too. This has been the first pre-order that I didn't get an order in for within a few days. Usually at NY's higher prices, but still. Both times NY re-opened were past my bedtime. In the past it hasn't always been that late.

I think it's a combination of Bandai's usually shortage hijinks PLUS scalpers catching onto Bandai DX Macross = Easy profit :(

I don't know if Bandai can do any repaints since this VF-19 is so specifically from the second Frontier movie. I assume that the licenses for other Excaliburs are locked by Arcadia. However I'm not sure about the video games since Arcadia never released a toy from them like Yamato did with the Koenig Monster and the VF-4G.

I can't believe how easily I got my pre-order for one of these, I've never tried to get in on any of Bandai's previous pre-orders because Frontier stuff doesn't interest me, so this was a bit jarring. I decided to grab one of these for someone else, and oddly, the night of the pre-order madness, I casually jumped on here and went to this thread, jumped over to a linked site and just kind of clicked and got one, I guess my timing was perfect, and I got incredibly lucky.

I can't believe how easily I got my pre-order for one of these, I've never tried to get in on any of Bandai's previous pre-orders because Frontier stuff doesn't interest me, so this was a bit jarring. I decided to grab one of these for someone else, and oddly, the night of the pre-order madness, I casually jumped on here and went to this thread, jumped over to a linked site and just kind of clicked and got one, I guess my timing was perfect, and I got incredibly lucky.

This is what we call "rubbing it in."

This is what we call "rubbing it in."

Lol sorry, I wasn't trying to rub it in, honestly, I know a lot of people were excited for this release and are now bummed out. This was just my first foray into Bandai pre-ordering, and it was just really weird, I saw how hard people were trying to nab one, refreshing every few seconds and jumping from site to site, I'm just a bit baffled about how out of order and chaotic it is. It's just so damn odd to me, Bandai is missing out on all this money every release, like they don't want it, the pre-order BS coupled with them only churning out enough of these things to make every release feel like finding a gold f$%#@!& ticket, just doesn't seem to make much sense.

It's been said before, but Bandai only cares about the Japanese market for this stuff. HG has a lock on our hemisphere, so Bandai can't and won't bother.