Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

I'm conflicted inside... Do you guys think this can actually surpass Arcadia's?

I wasn't too happy with my Arcadia one, so I definitely hope so! I've got a lot of faith in Bandai, so I know it's possible.

But regardless of which is better, I will get this and display it in the same way as that pic, because it just looks so badass that way.

Edited by ArchieNov

I hinted at this in the 0D thread, I wouldn't view this as a hit on Arcadia, but maybe the baby of some licensing confusion. Glad they decided to do it.

Well, it is kind of a spanking.......how can Arcadia directly steal any of Bandai's thunder on any of their product? It's not like Arcadia can release a VF-25? And if Bandai really wants to crush Arcadia, they can always release that DX VF-1 that so many have often theorized/dreamed of.....

Well, it is kind of a spanking.......how can Arcadia directly steal any of Bandai's thunder on any of their product? It's not like Arcadia can release a VF-25? And if Bandai really wants to crush Arcadia, they can always release that DX VF-1 that so many have often theorized/dreamed of.....

dx chogokin vf-1's would probably cost me a hell of a lot of money unless bandai stops at just the hero valks. they'd need to be materially better than the yamato v2 to justify that. if the y could figure out a way to add some hip.waist articulation into a vf-1 that would be a big deal to me. their 1/72 and hi metal efforts so far look off to me...the proportions are not what i hvae in mind when i think vf-1. they'd have to fix that too. oh and...lets not forget the awful metal on metal ball joints that loosen up on their own over time...keep that shiet out of any potential future vf-1 dx chogokin!

Guest davidwhangchoi

In retaliation for the 1/72 vinyl Monster's MSRP blowing up your wallet?.... :p

yeah, that thing looks to be pricey. i'm hoping this 19 at least i can transform without fear. (hopefully it won't be too expensive)

You know would be even more incredibly amazingly awesome?

Is if Bandai offers this thru the US Web Shop; http://shop.tamashii.jp/

Original thread here; http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41822

Edit*

Ok, Tamashii Nation had an event (Pics at TAG Hobby http://www.taghobby.com/9-0/9-2/2014%E5%B9%B410%E6%9C%8831%E6%97%A5-11%E6%9C%882%E6%97%A5-tamashii-nation-2014%E7%A7%8B%E8%91%89%E5%8E%9F-%E5%B1%95%E5%93%81-dx%E8%B6%85%E5%90%88%E9%87%91super-robot-%E8%B6%85%E5%90%88%E9%87%91/) which featured this DX Chogokin YF-19, the new DX Chogokin Renewal Monster and a few other items.

Is it a correct assumption that we don't know if this will be "event only", "web exclusive" or "regular release"?

-b.

Don't hold your breathe that it will even be considered to be offered from the TWE-US site...

This looks awesome. I can't wait to see fighter mode. It's interesting comparing it to the Arcadia one and seeing the differences in implementation and proportions. It looks like the canards fold back instead of having to pull them out and flip them around. The gap in between the top of the chest and the nose cone is must smaller. It seems like the intake lip is reduced as well. The back of the thigh looks like a solid piece and the inner section of the leg looks like it can fold in... or open.

It kind of looks like there is plug in the underside of the wing glove section that could be pulled out for something to be inserted. I wonder what. Just another weapon hardpoint?

So many other differences.

I had to do a lot of work to get my Arcadia YF-19 to look how it does, so this Bandai release should be great for people who don't want to go through stickering, decaling, and painting just to make it look good. I'll still get one of these anyway since it includes the super parts and it's a different implementation of the design.

dx chogokin vf-1's would probably cost me a hell of a lot of money unless bandai stops at just the hero valks. they'd need to be materially better than the yamato v2 to justify that. if the y could figure out a way to add some hip.waist articulation into a vf-1 that would be a big deal to me. their 1/72 and hi metal efforts so far look off to me...the proportions are not what i hvae in mind when i think vf-1. they'd have to fix that too. oh and...lets not forget the awful metal on metal ball joints that loosen up on their own over time...keep that shiet out of any potential future vf-1 dx chogokin!

At first I thought a V3 VF-1 from Arcadia would be a bigger drain on finances...however, Bandai's recent willingness to release practically every version of the VF-25 family of valks has me thinking they might feel the same with any investment in a DX VF-1 line.....there would be some tough choices to make if a DX VF-1 made it to production.... :unsure:

The new show should be about an early megaroad that list contact and has a vf1 fleet and is battling rogue Zentraedi so we can get more SDF Macross toys.

tumblr_inline_moo0lfldoS1qz4rgp.gif

This YF becoming real, well it's a good sign for the DX series to get another prominent model.

It's been "prophesied".

palantir.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

Guest davidwhangchoi

it too early to think DX vf-1

so far, the DX line are all Macross F related. unless there's an SMS vf-1 cameo hidden somewhere :ph34r:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Just curious, but is Arcadia still leaps better in quality / engineering, or are the new DX just as good? I am still in the old days of Yamato and early version of DX v2 of macross frontier after their design became much nicer looking, but no where near the quality of Yamato. Need to be updated.... Like is the VF-29, I hear a lot about it, but does it compare to Arcadia / yamato in terms of Engineering / quality / feel?

Edited by Arthurius

Personally, I prefer the Arcadia version as far as proportions go based on the pics available. I like the bulkier look of the hand drawn line art version that the Arcadia version is based on compared to the presumably slimmer version of the CG based model, similar to how the VB-6 was updated to be more proportionally consistent in the CG model vs the hand drawn line art version.

Just curious, but is Arcadia still leaps better in quality / engineering, or are the new DX just as good? I am still in the old days of Yamato and early version of DX v2 of macross frontier after their design became much nicer looking, but no where near the quality of Yamato. Need to be updated.... Like is the VF-29, I hear a lot about it, but does it compare to Arcadia / yamato in terms of Engineering / quality / feel?

imo, both toys engineering are as simple as possible, since they are actually toy and complexity here can mean problems later on. The problem with comparing Bandai and Yamato before is that, you dont have a single toy to compare. at most, you can only compare the engineering in yf-30 vs lets say yf-19 or the new VF-0 but you cant really have an objective judgement since both are different.

Of course now, we can actually take a look on how bandai does stuff. After this release, we can compare the VF-19 Advance vs the retooled VF-19 mold, aka, Arcadia Yf-19.

Currently, I can say this, Bandai is ahead in terms of Paint on detail/Tampo printing out of the box.

if you count the VF-1 statue on top on the main building of the Academy, then yes, Bandai can get it :p

Dunno if that was a statue, I think it was a "gate-guard" de-militarized VF-1. If so, that could be Bandai's back door, if they so chose.

Need to see pics of fighter mode. It's becoming a physical ache.

I have problems.

Personally I prefer the sleeker more aircraft like forms of Bandai offerings to the chunkier squatter forms of Arcadia (of course it was line-art designed that way). However I find the Bandai's more "playable", they seem more durable due to the die-cast content and more replica like due to the amount of tampo printing. The Arcadias look more like "toys" because they are rather bare in terms of marking and chunky, but the transformation process makes you have to treat them with kid gloves - so they don't play like toys.

I feel this is the worst combination, looking like toys, but you have to really be careful with them (maybe its partially because they are so expensive!). But I want my toys to look like replicas that I can actually "play" with.

Personally I prefer the sleeker more aircraft like forms of Bandai offerings to the chunkier squatter forms of Arcadia (of course it was line-art designed that way). However I find the Bandai's more "playable", they seem more durable due to the die-cast content and more replica like due to the amount of tampo printing. The Arcadias look more like "toys" because they are rather bare in terms of marking and chunky, but the transformation process makes you have to treat them with kid gloves - so they don't play like toys.

I feel this is the worst combination, looking like toys, but you have to really be careful with them (maybe its partially because they are so expensive!). But I want my toys to look like replicas that I can actually "play" with.

Honestly, I don't want a straight up head-to-head competition between Bandai and Arcadia. They can both have Macross but each company brings their own flare to the table and the thought of a Bandai-only Macross market gives me shudders.

And an imaginary Bandai DX VF-1 would have to be flat-out amazing, inexpensive and easy to acquire to make me entertain the notion of replacing or buying the same VF-1's that Yamato released. In the same vein as if Arcadia came out with a v3 VF-1.

I still want to know what that kibble is on the upper back portion of the shield.

Could be what's used to attach the shield to fighter mode, some sort of gimmick or both.

Don't hold your breathe that it will even be considered to be offered from the TWE-US site...

Hey, one never knows. And it doesn't cost a thing to "hope".

-b.

"It WILL be mine!!"

"All the Macross Worlders said that before they tried to pre-order it. Three of them used up their overdraft protection." - Yang Neumann, on the DX VF-19

Edited by Sildani

Bandai vs. Arcadia = General Galaxy vs. Shinsei Industries B))

Ha! Nice analogy sir.

hmmm, thanks guys, so now Bandai DX line is more playable / less fragile than the Arcadia / Yamato, and yet still sleek and feels good to pose and hold.... very interesting, that seems like a win situation for Bandai.

Depends on the release, as that's certainly not always the case.

-b.

I wonder if this release has something to do with the new Macross show...

I wonder if there will be next Macross show news during Tamashii Nations 2014 the way it was for Saint Seiya...

http://tamashii.jp/special/seiya_sog/

Edited by VALKYRIE ACE PILOT

hmmm, thanks guys, so now Bandai DX line is more playable / less fragile than the Arcadia / Yamato, and yet still sleek and feels good to pose and hold.... very interesting, that seems like a win situation for Bandai.

Arcadia more fragile?....mmmm I don't think so.....IIRC Bandai has exploding triangle, broken legs. I always felt more solid the arcadia plastic then bandai.

Both have their pros and cons....but in the end the only winner's on this scenario are us.