Scream Man

Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

On 3/9/2017 at 8:10 PM, jenius said:

They didn't promise it,  they teased the possibility along with a 19k, a 1/2000 SDF, a 1/35 VF1, and an HMR vf2SS among others. Next year is the big anniversary right?  Hopefully they go nuts. 

So it's this year. And it's already June. Out of all the teased ones last year, they're just going for an HM-R VF-1 Messer. C'mon, Bandai. <_< 

11 hours ago, Mr Bomber said:

Rememeber you need 4 of those spanner.

9 hours ago, spanner said:

LOL! only 4!?

Spanner needs 5. 3 to display all modes. One to play. And one to keep it MISB. ^_^

On 2017-6-9 at 6:35 AM, no3Ljm said:

Thanks for posting the pics. Yeah, that joint also is tight. You have to rotate the metal joint so it lay rest on that groove. Did you check Jenius transformation video that I posted on my previous reply?

Check the video at 17:50 and reverse the method. Hope that helps.

Hahaha thanks 

Finished transform into fighter mode but the leg was not tight enough maybe need to adjust the hip more. 

20170609_214707.jpg

I got one of these back in the fall, and after transforming to battroid and back, i never want to transform this thing ever again

54 minutes ago, Cowboy17 said:

I got one of these back in the fall, and after transforming to battroid and back, i never want to transform this thing ever again

I don't enjoy transforming most valks; and anything beyond a VF-1 is like some kind of brain teaser.

I always que up jenius' transformation vids, and even then I feel like I'm on the verge of breaking something about 99% of the time lol :lol:

On 2017-6-9 at 1:36 AM, spanner said:

LOL! only 4!?

Yeah one for each mode and one misb.

Or get 8 and do this like a boss:

06tezuka020.JPG

On 6/10/2017 at 2:04 AM, no3Ljm said:

Spanner needs 5. 3 to display all modes. One to play. And one to keep it MISB. ^_^

hehe! on or about's..

10 hours ago, Mr Bomber said:

Yeah one for each mode and one misb.

Or get 8 and do this like a boss:

06tezuka020.JPG

that display is total madness! though some of the poses need adjusting.. I guess I could pretty much do this with my 6x VF-1A brownies! but im too lazy to try..

It is indeed. Thats my ideal display. Maybe one day ill be able to with enough money and room.

Get enough to do the transformation from fighter to gerwalk where it does a backflip and a barrel roll. That'd be something...

Just now, kajnrig said:

Get enough to do the transformation from fighter to gerwalk where it does a backflip and a barrel roll. That'd be something...

I'm having visions of a similar frame-by frame or at least beat-by-beat of Max's 1-on-3 Battlepod-Beatdown at the beginning of DYR:L?

...what?!

A guy can dream, can't he?:mellow:

Edited by slide
grammar and punctuation

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

I'd need to buy another dozen tv brownies to even get close to that idea!! :o

Just now, spanner said:

giphy.gif

lol, jk bud

Edited by slide

3 hours ago, spanner said:

You're on notice now spanner! :D

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I got that NY notice too. ^_^

Ordered it!

NOT!!!

Looks like I need to secure a 3rd MISB!!

I know... WTF right? I still haven't opened up either of my copies.

Edited by Loop

2 hours ago, Mr Bomber said:

Ordered it!

NOT!!!

:lol::p:D

That's some crazy price. And to think I balked before getting a brand new one in jpn for 36k yen in Feb.

Edited by eXis10z

I grabbed a second one, and as before the left wing booster wont lock into place. Did anyone ever come up with a solution for that? 

The VF-19ADV is still one my favorites of valk photos I have taken.

19055762210_549e4df05c_h.jpg

Yes!!!  Beautiful Saburo.  It's definitely my favourite VF-19 - you know how satisfied I am with it when I haven't had to carve time out of my too busy schedule to have to detail it up for it to be acceptable in my collection (unlike the 2 weeks I will never get back to get that turd of a Arcadia version to be even acceptable in my eyes).

4 hours ago, Scream Man said:

I grabbed a second one, and as before the left wing booster wont lock into place. Did anyone ever come up with a solution for that? 

TBH, I think there's no way to really lock it in place. It's a bad locking mechanism from Bandai. :unsure: Even I placed the booster in its 'locked' position, once I shake or bump the Valk, it always get loose. Not sure if adding a small 'dot' of Krazy Glue to the potruding circle thing on the booster will help to lock it more. :unknw:

3 hours ago, Saburo said:

The VF-19ADV is still one my favorites of valk photos I have taken.

19055762210_549e4df05c_h.jpg

3 hours ago, Saburo said:

Loving it too. I know a lot has complained how much this Valk have tampo prints. But everytime I looked at it, I want all my Valks to look like that. ^_^ 

2 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Yes!!!  Beautiful Saburo.  It's definitely my favourite VF-19 - you know how satisfied I am with it when I haven't had to carve time out of my too busy schedule to have to detail it up for it to be acceptable in my collection (unlike the 2 weeks I will never get back to get that turd of a Arcadia version to be even acceptable in my eyes).

I'm going to experience soon what you've been experiencing, Mr. Cheng. Looking forward on applying decals on my VF-1's. ;)

Whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA. People actually DON'T like Tampo printing? Now that I own a VF-19 Advance, this is the GOLD STANDARD for what I expect on my expensive action figures. And, based on the lavish Tampo on the SV-262 and VF-31 figures, Bandai continues to impress with the Tampo.

29 minutes ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

Whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA. People actually DON'T like Tampo printing? Now that I own a VF-19 Advance, this is the GOLD STANDARD for what I expect on my expensive action figures. And, based on the lavish Tampo on the SV-262 and VF-31 figures, Bandai continues to impress with the Tampo.

I like tampo prints when they enhance the look of the valk, and are accurate, but Bandai did go overboard with this one. 

It's a combination of two things really.  First, the markings themselves are huge, much larger than even the 1/48 scale Hasegawa YF-19 decals, so they stand out far more than they should.  The second thing is a side-effect of the first: they're all entirely readable.  That wouldn't be bad if the markings actually made sense, but I'm thinking Bandai didn't really care what text was printed where as long as it looks good on a shelf.

It doesn't look bad, and I love the thing, so don't get me wrong.  I just wish Bandai would stop half-assing their detail work, and just copy actual aircraft instead of thinking they know what they're doing. :p

Anyway, as far as getting the booster to lock into place, I actually had to cut down the tabs.  Mine looked like they'd be melted, and the smushy blobs that used to be locking tabs weren't sharp enough to lock into the recesses on the wing glove.  Once I shaved down the molten plastic to make a sharp-cornered block, they stayed on much better.  I still have one more of these I haven't opened, so I might photograph the process if I do it again.

Edited by Chronocidal

besides the tampo printing, the vf-19 advance also have tons of small details and line all over the place.  for me, even when you compare it to the vf-31 or the SV-262 the details on the vf-19 still stands above theirs.  and that LARGE clear canopy, love it.  :wub: 

I actually think that one was unique to the VF-171s. :lol:  The VF-19 got "NO LIFT" ones, which makes more sense.  I'm more thinking about how they slapped "ACCESS PANEL INSIDE" in like a dozen places that aren't even panels, random "DO NOT TOUCH" labels in random spots on the fuselage, and more jack stand locators than you need to lift a B-52. 

It's just the same way Bandai always seems to treat aircraft.  There are billions of easily accessible online references for every facet of any type of aircraft they could possibly want, and they tend to ignore all of them, and go with whatever they feel like at the time.  It's just baffling.

Edited by Chronocidal

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

"NO STEP" markings on the the underside of the wings. Yeah. :p

In space, anything can be a step.

Why do some people call this the VF-19 Advanced when it is called the VF-19 Advance?