Jump to content
Scream Man

Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Recommended Posts

Maybe jenius transformation video can help

Yea i know about his vids. Wing hinge is so tight at the moment. Doesnt seem like it wants to go down

Are you referring to the wing root, the hinge joint that's connected to the hips? 1:40-2:06 from Jenius transformation video? If that's the one, try to pull the wing's lock tab first away from the body. Try to push the wing joint upward from the side area, or you could pull gently from the top, to separate it from the hip. And gently fold down the wing root/joints towards the side of the hips. Hope that helps. :)

Edited by no3Ljm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure how I did it, but after transforming back into fighter looks like I gashed up the paint pretty good on the die cast shoulders. Can anyone suggest an tamiya acrylic beige paint color # that would do a decent job of covering it up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish Bandai had designed the shoulder covers like they actually showed in the animation, then they'd actually cover that up. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, what with Bandai seeming to be completely uninterested in ever giving anyone any decent missiles to load on this thing, I'm beginning to wonder how hard it would be to get the hardpoints to accept the Arcadia weapons.

It looks like the only thing stopping them from latching on is the hex-shaped interior of the center hole.  I'm getting more and more tempted to just attempt to drill those out to the proper size for the Arcadia pylons to attach.

Anyone here ever tried something similar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

apologies for the sidestep, but looking at the advance makes me remember that bandai promised a yf-19 DX before. :5:
Whats taking so long...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They didn't promise it,  they teased the possibility along with a 19k, a 1/2000 SDF, a 1/35 VF1, and an HMR vf2SS among others. Next year is the big anniversary right?  Hopefully they go nuts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jenius said:

They didn't promise it,  they teased the possibility along with a 19k, a 1/2000 SDF, a 1/35 VF1, and an HMR vf2SS among others. Next year is the big anniversary right?  Hopefully they go nuts. 

they can go crazy next year. Please Bandai, BE CRAZY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jenius said:

They didn't promise it,  they teased the possibility along with a 19k, a 1/2000 SDF, a 1/35 VF1, and an HMR vf2SS among others. Next year is the big anniversary right?  Hopefully they go nuts. 

I know, am stating the promise on purpose because i remember the word "will release" back in 2015(?) and was so hyped throughout the day ... ^_^ 

Heheh no big deal, just making sure bandai remembers!! ;):spiteful:

Am waiting bandai... am waiting for something for the anniversary!! Oh well will rely on sheryl to motivate me the next few days ^_^

Edited by seti88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jenius said:

They didn't promise it,  they teased the possibility along with a 19k, a 1/2000 SDF, a 1/35 VF1, and an HMR vf2SS among others. Next year is the big anniversary right?  Hopefully they go nuts. 

Disappointing that we haven't seen any of these yet. Would've though the yf-19 would have been a no-brainer easy "repaint".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Disappointing that we haven't seen any of these yet. Would've though the yf-19 would have been a no-brainer easy "repaint".

Seemed like a licensing issue as Arcadia reissued their 19 not long after the tease. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look what i came across today on facebook....

pink.jpg

 

Nice custom!

Edited by Sandman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Aisha's VF-19E from Macross30 game. Loving it. Bandai should milk the DX VF-19 mold. :wub:

ZHme4.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd buy that in a second. Pink is not my color at all, but I did really like Aisha in the game, so it's worth a buy. Anyways, I guess to many here, it's a white color for them anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know if I'd buy a pink one, but I'd love to buy more versions of that mold, especially if Bandai got brave and decided to try the Supernova schemes, or any of the other Master File schemes Yamato and Arcadia don't seem to want to attempt.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sandman said:

Look what i came across today on facebook....

pink.jpg

 

Nice custom!

 

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It's Aisha's VF-19E from Macross30 game. Loving it. Bandai should milk the DX VF-19 mold. :wub:

ZHme4.jpg

Aisha is hella cute! I'd buy her custom Valk in a heart beat too! 

In fact I have a spare original Yamato VF-19 that I traded off Scream Man which I could have repainted to match! Aside the color difference, the Valk itself looks identical to a YF-19..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd buy a pink 19 ( or an 11 for that matter... I do actually have a rose gold iPhone too) but I think this custom gets the pink tone wrong.  It's too hot compared to them more pastel metal of the game.

Edited by Mommar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly.  It's pink, but not the right pink at all. Just like how Max's VF-22 is blue, but if it was painted like his VF-1J it'd be totally wrong--even though they're both blue.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2017 at 3:18 PM, Jasonc said:

I'd buy that in a second. Pink is not my color at all, but I did really like Aisha in the game, so it's worth a buy. Anyways, I guess to many here, it's a white color for them anyways.

Woo woo woo.....someone is kicking that Arcadia dog on the curbside again ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yman1437 said:

Woo woo woo.....someone is kicking that Arcadia dog on the curbside again ^_^

I'll agree with you if it's official. But that one is just a customed one and not Bandai made. ^_^

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would prefer the light blue VF-19A instead.  So I can finally replace my old 1/72 Yamato ver. (which I bought many years ago from a listing on craigslist at a safeway parking lot late at night.)   It was safer back then. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, F360 said:

I would prefer the light blue VF-19A instead.  So I can finally replace my old 1/72 Yamato ver. (which I bought many years ago from a listing on craigslist at a safeway parking lot late at night.)   It was safer back then. :lol:

Lol. Glad the valkyrie is safe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Did any weed pop out of the canopy? ^_^

na, no extra, or bonuses. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

i just got this beauty machine,

i manage to transform it to battleroid, but when i transform back to fighter mode the leg wont fit.

i notice that there locking mechanism in the between the hip and leg.

should that need to be move? 

because it so stiff, i'm afraid to push the mechanism (if any), do you you have same problem? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, gozilham said:

Hi guys,

i just got this beauty machine,

i manage to transform it to battleroid, but when i transform back to fighter mode the leg wont fit.

i notice that there locking mechanism in the between the hip and leg.

should that need to be move? 

because it so stiff, i'm afraid to push the mechanism (if any), do you you have same problem? 

Hey! Welcome to the boards. ;)

Can't remember which locking mechanism you're referring to. If it's the one on the side of the legs then you should fold and push it in once you pushed back the feet. 

For more of the transformation, check Jenius' anymoon site. 

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=8151

 

Edited by no3Ljm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, gozilham said:

Hi guys,

i just got this beauty machine,

i manage to transform it to battleroid, but when i transform back to fighter mode the leg wont fit.

i notice that there locking mechanism in the between the hip and leg.

should that need to be move? 

because it so stiff, i'm afraid to push the mechanism (if any), do you you have same problem? 

Its best to have some pic of your issue so we can see whats wrong ,  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have any advice on how to safely free up the wing armatures from the leg while transforming from jet-to-Gerwalk or jet-to-battroid?

Putting the wing armatures into the legs is simple enough. A rectangular tab of the wing armature goes into a rectangular notch in the leg. Getting them out, though, seems to be like pulling apart something held together with superglue. Any magic tricks to this? Is there a hidden position that makes this step easier?

Should I sand the tab somewhat? I'd rather not sand such an expensive toy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

Does anyone have any advice on how to safely free up the wing armatures from the leg while transforming from jet-to-Gerwalk or jet-to-battroid?

Putting the wing armatures into the legs is simple enough. A rectangular tab of the wing armature goes into a rectangular notch in the leg. Getting them out, though, seems to be like pulling apart something held together with superglue. Any magic tricks to this? Is there a hidden position that makes this step easier?

Should I sand the tab somewhat? I'd rather not sand such an expensive toy...

As far as I remember, that pulling the wing tab out of the leg is really a hard thing to do. And some of the good people here sanded a little bit from the tabs. Some of the other people here do is instead of pulling it straight, you have to wiggle it a little bit until you pull it out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gozilham said:

Thanks man. 

Here some pictures of it. 

It is very tight. 

Thanks for posting the pics. Yeah, that joint also is tight. You have to rotate the metal joint so it lay rest on that groove. Did you check Jenius transformation video that I posted on my previous reply?

Check the video at 17:50 and reverse the method. Hope that helps.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-3-10 at 0:07 AM, spanner said:

well im still hanging for that 1/35 VF-1! hope they deliver!

Rememeber you need 4 of those spanner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr Bomber said:

Rememeber you need 4 of those spanner.

LOL! only 4!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...