Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to fully exploring this beast and I'm mad at you guys.

No one warned me how goddamn hard it was going to be to transform it into battrod mode.

It's never leaving plane mode again. Ever.

EVER.

Edit: ALSO, and to piggyback on the below post and blame Bandai, I had to use an iPhone toolkit to get the right wing peg out of the leg.

And no, I did not watch the videos because I'm a man and real men don't watch videos or read the stupid tiny Japanese(duh) instructions until :KJ!@EU&GHKJBSC!

(I didn't actually think of that, just banged around in the instructions for over an hour.)

Edited by Chewie

No one warned me how goddamn hard it was going to be to transform it into battrod mode.

EVER.

Don't blame us. Blame Bandai. :lol:

We just love a good valk. ;)

By the way, did you check out those videos how to transform this?

EVER.

Edit: ALSO, and to piggyback on the below post and blame Bandai, I had to use an iPhone toolkit to get the right wing peg out of the leg.

And no, I did not watch the videos because I'm a man and real men don't watch videos or read the stupid tiny Japanese(duh) instructions until :KJ!@EU&GHKJBSC!

(I didn't actually think of that, just banged around in the instructions for over an hour.)

The second time will be much easier , just don't transform your valks drunk and you'll be fine .

I haven't transformed mine in awhile (I have the FAST Packs on, and one of the wing boosters falls off very easily), but other than the grey parts attached to the backs of the legs and boosters, the transformation was pretty straightforward to me. The hip joints are tight, and there's always that fear of snappage, but I felt it was easier than many of the Bayformer toys. I watched a vid before I got mine, and my copy's instructions remain sealed in their bag. I've transformed mine about three times..with packs, it's a pain, but without, pretty easy, similar to Arcadia's. Just take it slow and steady. The transformation is a huge part of owning these toys...if you're someone who just likes one mode over the other, I'd think a nice model would be a better investment for the money.

The hips(and that sticky leg tab) were the scariest. I didn't realize that the hip levels/raised groove thingies were spring loaded and needed to be depressed to move the hips back down for fighter. I have sausage fingers so I had to use tweezers. (again, dat iPhone repair kit doe)

I like it in fighter more anyway and short of my earlier rage, I do think it's quite an amazing piece of tech and toy.

Another thanks for the little nudge I needed to buy it and to Anubis for supplying it.

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to snag one - total cost 22680 + 2490 ship + 1134 handling charge - 26304 so not bad IMO. Originally there were six, then four... The moment they hit Macrossworld, gone. I think there might be one left now.

Good for you. That's a really good price. Really tempted to get one myself but my preference is for the Acadia one. :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

ok let not start this posting up one of a kind items again where lurkers can grab it. put it in the thread in the items of interest section, that section can only be seen by members.

ok let not start this posting up one of a kind items again where lurkers can grab it. put it in the thread in the items of interest section, that section can only be seen by members.

I didn't know that! Cool.

There's no such thing as 'exclusive section'. It's already an exclusive to us the moment we joined this forum. If you guys will just try to browse this forum without logging in then you'll understand what David meant when he said 'Items of Interest' section.

Lurkers as in the non-members of this forum can browse almost everything esp the Toys section area. In which case, if someone, like me, earlier posted a sale link of VF-19, then there's a big probability that Lurker can snatch it away easily whereas you're just trying to share it to members who still doesn't have it. Non-member can't see the Sell/Trade section of the Forum in where the Items of Interest lies. Neat, huh?

Anyways, hope that helps to clear what David said on his earlier post. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

I believe the issue here is that there is no "Items of Interest" section in the forums. It doesn't exist. I think David meant the "Where to buy Macross, auctions and dealer specials" section instead.

I may be mistaken though. David, is that right?

If it is, it's in the buy, sell, trade section, which is only visible if you're a logged in user.

Does that help at all?

Edited by mickyg

Guest davidwhangchoi

There's no such thing as 'exclusive section'. It's already an exclusive to us the moment we joined this forum. If you guys will just try to browse this forum without logging in then you'll understand what David meant when he said 'Items of Interest' section.

Lurkers as in the non-members of this forum can browse almost everything esp the Toys section area. In which case, if someone, like me, earlier posted a sale link of VF-19, then there's a big probability that Lurker can snatch it away easily whereas you're just trying to share it to members who still doesn't have it. Non-member can't see the Sell/Trade section of the Forum in where the Items of Interest lies. Neat, huh?

thanks noel!

I believe the issue here is that there is no "Items of Interest" section in the forums. It doesn't exist. I think David meant the "where to buy macross" section instead.

I may be mistaken though. David, is that right?

If it is, it's in the buy, sell, trade section, which is only visible if you're a logged in user.

yep!

it's a recent change by those running the MW site to stop spam from lurkers. if you're always logged in you won't notice any changes but try logging out and you can't see the item of interests threads. those sections are member only and lurker free.

That makes sense. I just noticed there are dedicated 'items of interest' threads in that sub-forum as well. Thanks!

thanks noel!

yep!

it's a recent change by those running the MW site to stop spam from lurkers. if you're always logged in you won't notice any changes but try logging out and you can't see the item of interests threads. those sections are member only and lurker free.

Shouldn't the pre-order alerts for popular items be moved there as well?