Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

I went ahead and ordered one for my maybe brother in law, he's a tool and I hate him, and he'll probably break it like every other crappy Bandai valk I've bought him, but it gets me some easy brownie points, so whatever.

Wow, for one, tell us how you really feel about Bandai (personally I think their recent toys have been great), and second, why waste the money on someone you hate? Screw brownie points, if you hate him he's not worth it.

Congrats to those who ordered at HLJ earlier coz now it's already 'discontinued' again. ;)

Wow now that was fast.

Wow, for one, tell us how you really feel about Bandai (personally I think their recent toys have been great), and second, why waste the money on someone you hate? Screw brownie points, if you hate him he's not worth it.

I've just been burned by all the Bandai valks I ever owned, they always seem to break somehow, and I still think they're over-engineered in several areas, and I'm not a fan of the glossy paint they seem to need to use on everything, but mostly, I don't like Frontier/Plus or it's ilk, but that's not really Bandai's fault :). I may be stuck with him as family, I've done this before for him, he doesn't deserve it, but his sister is totes awesome, so I deal with it. Every time I get him something that is within my realm of hobbies, like toys or video games, she takes it as me attempting to bond with or share what I love with him, it's more brownie points from her then him, I really don't enjoy being around him at all.

Edited by Tking22

I've just been burned by all the Bandai valks I ever owned, they always seem to break somehow, and I still think they're over-engineered in several areas, and I'm not a fan of the glossy paint they seem to need to use on everything, but mostly, I don't like Frontier/Plus or it's ilk, but that's not really Bandai's fault :).

I guess that's fair. I've played pretty rough with mine, and they're holding up, just some floppy joints in places really. I actually really like the level of engineering that has gone into the Bandai toys, it makes the transformation between modes clumsy, but the modes look fantastic.

I may be stuck with him as family, I've done this before for him, he doesn't deserve it, but his sister is totes awesome, so I deal with it. Every time I get him something that is within my realm of hobbies, like toys or video games, she takes it as me attempting to bond with or share what I love with him, it's more brownie points from her then him, I really don't enjoy being around him at all.

I'd stop, and tell her all the money that your saving spending money on him, is money you can spend on more important things, like her. I get that spending time with her family gets you brownie points, but I'd share less costly things with him If I were you. Besides if you save that money, it's more toys for your collection...

Hey everyone! I'm new to collecting macross toys, I just purchased my first one - VF 19 Advance, and was wondering if any of you have any QC issues with it? Also I have the VF-0S Phoenix on preorder as well is it a good buy?

Welcome aboard! QC is good other than some joints and tabs are too tight. Since you are new and this thing is quite complicated, you should watch the 1st video as you first transform it, and the 2nd or 3rd for the super pack installation.

Has anyone had the problem with the thick "wing glove" (the part the the die cast wing mechanism resides in) coming apart at the seam? My kittens thought it would be fun to knock my VF-19 Advance off the stand, which was on my bedside table, which fell off the backside of table and drop to floor in an explosion of parts. I got her back together, but noticed the left wing die cast folding had "popped out" I worked it back in....is there an easy fix, or will I have to glue it on the seam? I cannot take a pic right now to show. Thank You

Twich

I got another. The one I recently bought went to my girlfriend's brother, this one will go to a friend of mine for Xmas, zero interest in owning one myself.

I wish I was your friend :)
Can I be your friend too. ;) Edited by no3ljm

To be fair, this friend is more of a brother, I've known him since I was 3, and we always exchange beastly Xmas gifts, I've already hinted to him that I NEED a PG Banshee model kit.

Hahaha! That would be cool if he will include those option LEDs and other weapons too. ;)

To be fair, this friend is more of a brother, I've known him since I was 3, and we always exchange beastly Xmas gifts, I've already hinted to him that I NEED a PG Banshee model kit.

I just wish I had a close friend that was into Macross. Even my twin brother doesn't share my love for Macross :(