Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Actually, it's not that he did something wrong. It's just that he did the legs right. Some of the earlier review pics didn't have the legs transformed properly and hence they looked lanky.

Here's mine. (Pardon the crappy pic).

5tndByU.jpg

Interesting. I haven't transformed it to Battroid but with that leg fix this pretty much puts the look of Battroid on parity with the Arcadia one. I'd say other than some stylistic differences they both look equally as good in my eyes.

Oh, something I noticed, look at the left leg in this pic. My left leg has the same problem, that panel will not stay out. It keeps collapsing inward on me.

Edited by Mommar

Mine has been stuck in customs for 2 days now.

Now it's the weekend.

Gonna be Wednesday at best before I get my paws on it.

Customs delays sucks eh.. a few years back we had Customs issues here in Aus and stuff was being caught up for nearly two weeks!

Checked EMS tracking...says Final Delivery was 10:07am today.

But so far nothing's arrived. Either they're late, it's at the post office on hold, or someone stole it from the front porch.

The latter has never happened.

Customs delays sucks eh.. a few years back we had Customs issues here in Aus and stuff was being caught up for nearly two weeks!

Yikes, that is unbelievable.

I don't understand why they take so long to determine the charging, I mean HLJ have declared the full value - add the shipping and do the maths!

How hard can it be?

Actually, it's not that he did something wrong. It's just that he did the legs right. Some of the earlier review pics didn't have the legs transformed properly and hence they looked lanky.

Here's mine. (Pardon the crappy pic).

5tndByU.jpg

Thanks! These two sets of pictures make me feel a lot better about Battroid mode. I'll check mine out tomorrow :)

Yikes, that is unbelievable.

I don't understand why they take so long to determine the charging, I mean HLJ have declared the full value - add the shipping and do the maths!

How hard can it be?

The guys at Customs let the job get to their heads seeing that they pretty much control what comes in and out of the country and then abuse their authority..

Years ago when I had an ebay store with my brother and we had a few issues with them. They were just pricks b'cos they could be.

I've only been charged an import duty on stuff a few times but its the delays that were far more painful.

Wow, Shipped on 6-24 and arrived on 6-26. EMS is fast this week.

Love SF Customs. If it went to LA Customs, it'll probably be stuck there a day or 2.

Too bad I was off from work today, so maybe I'll swing by work on Saturday to pick it up.... wasn't expecting it to be this fast.

Interesting. I haven't transformed it to Battroid but with that leg fix this pretty much puts the look of Battroid on parity with the Arcadia one.

Arghhh......it's not a "fix". It's the proper and correct way of transforming it.

Yamato doesn't have a long leg. It's just all in the viewing angle. Hehehe. :lol: j/k

Hahaha! :lol: Me too, I just look back and forth on the video transformation from Bandai. And when I couldn't put the tabs on the wing to lock in place in the leg Fast Pack armor, that's the only time I looked in the manual. And here's the thing, they didn't even clarify properly on installing those Advance packs. I mean, they're all in pictures and drawings and they didn't even put it there. :rolleyes:

As for your transformation error, sad to say sir, there is. You missed something. On the chest area, above those vulcan/machine gun/sensor pipes, you forgot to pull it out. ;)

attachicon.gifchestturrets.jpg

Thanks buddy for the correction :) boy those little panels were a pain to pull out but i have fixed it :)

242ABECE-159E-4FC7-98F0-57FB5DD345DF.jpg

I think this shows enough love for Isamu's valks :D

62DB8BD7-A8FC-46CF-8F4E-F297A989B5F1.jpg

Not sure if people have noticed yet, but they made a minor adjustment to the Bandai stand this time around and allow you to reverse the way you plug in the Fighter mode adapter to the base. With this, you can now display the fighter angled downwards without having to position the base vertically. This wasn't possible with the earlier stands, with the exception of the RVF-25.

Spent some time with mine today and I may have gotten a bad copy. Even without the fast packs attached, I find that the parts on mine don't fit flush against each other and don't lock as tightly into each other as I'd like, creating a a rather gappy profile. It might not have been properly transformed when it was packed at the factory, so I'll reserve final judgement after I transform it into battroid and back. The only thing I like so far over the Arcadia version is the amount of tampo prints. Oh, and I absolutely love the inclusion of the Mac F style thrusters (?), but I wish they fit better and didn't pop off at the slightest nudge.

Overall, Arcadia's YF-19 feels more refined to me, without all gaps and ill-fitting parts that my Bandai copy seems to have. I fixed the looseness in the metal bar that articulates the wings on my Arcadia Yf-19 and I can balance it just fine even with its poorly designed ankle joints. No doubt, Bandai's rendition looks a lot sexier in fighter mode with its Mac F style thrusters, but I prefer Arcadia's attempt over Bandai's, ultimately.

Edited by whitestar

New Valk, new gear, new style.

18974825468_4bac4c487e_h.jpg

18571187014_ed0622a59b_h.jpg

Looks pretty good! What camera did you get?

The surface is an interesting pattern, although I think I'm more partial to the black surface myself. I still plan on getting a black acrylic sheet to replace that godawful black velvet dropcloth (a.k.a. lint magnet) I've been using in past photos once I get back into working through my backlog of stuff to weather.

Looks pretty good! What camera did you get?

The surface is an interesting pattern, although I think I'm more partial to the black surface myself. I still plan on getting a black acrylic sheet to replace that godawful black velvet dropcloth (a.k.a. lint magnet) I've been using in past photos once I get back into working through my backlog of stuff to weather.

Thanks MJ! After many months of stashing away money I bought a Canon 5DS.

I have been wanting to change things up and been experimenting with different things, and this one I am pleased with the results of the photo with the carbon fiber look material.

Haha, I used black velvet too for a little while, and no matter how many times I used the lint roller on it more dust would appear. :lol:

So, I definitely had screwed up tabs to hold on the boosters too. For lack of a better term, the blocks on the underside looked like they had been smooshed down, and the edges were sloped too much to hold the edges on the wing root. I had to carve them a little to restore the sharp edge that would hold the boosters on.

Still experimenting with the rest of the add-ons, but it's looking pretty nice so far. :)

I have been wanting to change things up and been experimenting with different things, and this one I am pleased with the results of the photo with the carbon fiber look material.

Haha, I used black velvet too for a little while, and no matter how many times I used the lint roller on it more dust would appear. :lol:

Great shots as always! Just one thing. You should try a bit of lighting in the background to make the valk pop a little more. Should give it more even lighting.

That's an expensive camera. We expect greater things from you this point on. :D

Edited by neoexcaliber

Thanks buddy for the correction :) boy those little panels were a pain to pull out but i have fixed it :)

*snip*

You're welcome. Glad to be of help. :)

New Valk, new gear, new style.

*snip*

As always, superb pictures. ;)

Question: Anyone here who transform it to Gerwalk notice the big gap from the nose cone area to chest area? Thanks.

Edited by no3ljm

Just got this baby and i'm very pleased with it.

Pros

- Possibility - Double knee joint!

- Impressive tampo printing

- Extra set of poseable hands

- Comes with a stand

- Clicky points for wing

- Neck gap cover in fighter mode incorporated into shield

- Pin point barrier hand

Cons

- Gaps in fighter mode

- No missiles

- Dinky gunpod

- Ankle gap

- Weak landing gear / Plastic wheels

That's all of the top of my head but overall really happy with my bird! :)

Just got this baby and i'm very pleased with it.

Pros

- Possibility - Double knee joint!

- Impressive tampo printing

- Extra set of poseable hands

- Comes with a stand

- Clicky points for wing

- Neck gap cover in fighter mode incorporated into shield

- Pin point barrier hand

Cons

- Gaps in fighter mode

- No missiles

- Dinky gunpod

- Ankle gap

- Weak landing gear / Plastic wheels

That's all of the top of my head but overall really happy with my bird! :)

well there are the two.. one in each leg.. but are they removable? Has anyone tried? I don't want to try it on mine as the booster will fall off and I will get cranky..

Edited by spanner76

Need to make the Adv's foot palm all the way up to make them looks like at same height, but this will loose the lock of the motion linked collapsible part, a slight push will push it in... so its designed to have a MJ style feet with exposed ankle just like the VF25.

here comes the 19 twins again

RVmoP3c.jpg

vf19a.jpgvf19d.jpgvf19e.jpgvf19h.jpgvf19g.jpgso i got my copy today, transformed it and was shooting pics all happy as a clam. after shooting some pinpoint barrier punch pics, was gonna swap hands and snap some pics holding the gunpod, when the nub for the pinpoint barrier wrist got stuck on. this may sound like a stupid question, but to all those who have used the pinpoint barrier wrist and swapped with other wrists, how do you get it off? two hours of twisting and prying have gotten me no where.

Spanner hooked me up, so I got mine. Shes a beaut alright, but a little to complicated for my tastes. It feels like there are a few places where it takes 3 steps to do one thing.

But the big issue for me is the Boosters. The right one does NOT stay on. At all. It just flips off. other one goes on fine, but the second... if i balance it in place and pray real hard i can fake it, but it ain't locking.

Also are u supposed to kleep the small attachment in the upper legs on in Fighter when the FP's are on? Coz i couldn't do that either.

Oh, and the hips were so tight i actually had to LOOSEN the screws. That was a first for me.

Still, all in all, I think i like her. Gonna need to play with ehr a little first to make a final call though.