Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

gb10.jpg

I don't understand the mechanism for the front winglets. Plus, look at the paint chipping there. Gotta be careful handling those things.

I'm not seeing the paint chipping. If you're talking about the three little white marks, those are position indicators for the canards. Here's a shot of something similar from a real life example (though this one is red and there are more of them):

1414996298990_Image_galleryImage_epa0447

Guest davidwhangchoi

the one on the left has yellowed alot.

i wonder why arcadia can't sue bandai for stealing those cheap fast mode engineered wings...

Mr. K should say that's my floppy design!

It's priced similarly for me. 23k for the plane and 3k for the shipping. It's been up for a good 10 minutes now so I don't know if the product isn't as popular or if everyone's sleeping. :p

I am surprised it still open. I am pretty sure it will be gone once everyone wakes up. :p

the Limited 1 per household always helps. But yeah, it's kinda quite on the orders , it was like dead quite this morning. but the orders from Anime-export was going up on every reopen so there were people buying it.

It's priced similarly for me. 23k for the plane and 3k for the shipping. It's been up for a good 10 minutes now so I don't know if the product isn't as popular or if everyone's sleeping. :p

Hmm, showing 4K EMS and 2K unregistered SAL shipping for me. Still way better than paying over retail at the scalper stores, though.

Hmm.. mine is showing "In Shipping Process" from CD Japan.....

Same! :D

Hmm.. mine is showing "In Shipping Process" from CD Japan.....

woohoo..... ... I wonder would Nippon-yasan show up in a couple of hours too..

and more pics.

The color of his shoulder and this back bottom is different than the rest of the plastic colors, should I assume these are diecast parts?

Also, I can't wait for someone to put those Bandai Fast Pack Boosters on their Arcadia :)

post-2743-0-15025200-1434691768_thumb.jpg

post-2743-0-40155500-1434692008_thumb.jpg

post-2743-0-13266700-1434692022_thumb.jpg

post-2743-0-91151400-1434692048_thumb.jpg

post-2743-0-26911700-1434692081_thumb.jpg

post-2743-0-62885400-1434692095_thumb.jpg

I'm not seeing the paint chipping. If you're talking about the three little white marks, those are position indicators for the canards. Here's a shot of something similar from a real life example (though this one is red and there are more of them):

1414996298990_Image_galleryImage_epa0447

TIL about canard position indicators. Thanks mickyg

this is the paint chipping i saw (circled in red):

Qfyz7aS.jpg

Hope HLJ comes through on the last batch of opened preorders, this is looking like a must-have valk if you like the YF-19.

Edited by barurutor

woohoo..... ... I wonder would Nippon-yasan show up in a couple of hours too..

and more pics.

The color of his shoulder and this back bottom is different than the rest of the plastic colors, should I assume these are diecast parts?

Also, I can't wait for someone to put those Bandai Fast Pack Boosters on their Arcadia :)

At 26k for the toy alone? Definitely not worth getting. I'm guessing we'll know tomorrow if the item is actually popular or if Bandai produced a lot or if it's gonna end up like the VF-27. Tomorrow is when HLJ sends out payment requests. :p

At 26k for the toy alone? Definitely not worth getting. I'm guessing we'll know tomorrow if the item is actually popular or if Bandai produced a lot or if it's gonna end up like the VF-27. Tomorrow is when HLJ sends out payment requests. :p

Mybad, I was actually thinking of AmiAmi and ended up type N-Y, WTF.. :angry: , in 33 more minutes will be their normal 4pm time ... I'm wondering if it'll pop up since their pre-order was gone in like 10 sec..

yeah... tonight and tomorrow will be very exciting...

'preciate the pics, F360!

I still prefer Arcadia's,esp battroid, as it resembles the lineart very well, but Bandai did an impressive job on the Advance, and I'll be happy to have it.

Keeping my eyes open for the HLJ payment agreement via email.

Once you've accepted Macross Quarter's existence and then its ability to SURF then you have accepted overtechnology and will realize that there is no issue with giant boosters precariously placed a little way from a pivot point. Heck, it actually makes sense, he can point that giant booster any where while dancing around in space and dart all over the place like a rabid hummingbird.

I still see YF-19 and VF-19 Advance are two different variants of the 19 family, so they are not necessarily identical....

BTW, is there any official linear of the VF-19 Advance in battriod or gerwalk mode? I have only seen its 5sec appearance in the movie.

those are some great comparison photos! The Arcadia version is definitely more anime chunky! The Bandai looks a lot more svelte with loads of surface detail! And the amount of tampo printing on the Bandai simply kills the Arcadia version!

The Bandai in Battroid also has more of the Frontier crotch forward position and the mono boob (nose section) sits much higher up compared to the Arcadia valk..

And the Bandai has quite a much slimmer lower leg design too. Overall I do really like it! Its good that both brands are very different! Can't wait to get a hands on!

Once you've accepted Macross Quarter's existence and then its ability to SURF then you have accepted overtechnology and will realize that there is no issue with giant boosters precariously placed a little way from a pivot point. Heck, it actually makes sense, he can point that giant booster any where while dancing around in space and dart all over the place like a rabid hummingbird.

that surfing belongs to Eureka Seven level.

Other than the gap on the shield, I really like fighter mode

eh, even tho I don't have an arcadia yf-19, I still think it's a cleaner and tighter looking toy. Bandai's over engineering should be a QC concern with missing parts or wrong parts, and pray the plastic doesn't evaporate.

Yeah, that's really my biggest concern. It looks great, but my personal experience with Bandai valks has just been much worse than Yamato/Arcadia ones.

The reasons for that are mixed, but it's mostly that when a Yamato/Arcadia breaks, I have a pretty good chance of either repairing it, or getting a replacement.

On the flipside, the Bandai valks I've gotten with problems? They remain broken or missing pieces, because we can't get replacement parts, and their designs are such that I can't even begin to fix their terrible engineering. It's why I started ordering two of every Bandai valk, so I'd hopefully get one solid one out of the pair. <_<

I'm still looking to pick up a second one of these, but I keep missing the narrow purchase windows.

Edited by Chronocidal