Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Yeah, I had absolutely no faith in their ability to make it actually stay level.

At least with the Arcadia one, the gunpod looks relatively level in flight, due to having some amount of angle of attack... but that droop just makes the gunpod look impotent. :p

The gun pod stow angle does suck but its the very same problem with the Arcadia 19.. and a few other Valks suffer from this issue also.

Im sure they could have devised a mechanism so the gun stock articulates or can be re-positioned (similar to how the the VF-1 gun pods stock folds away) so it would sit on a more correct angle. Can't remember which other Valks gun pod stock angle can be shifted?

Still definitely looking forward to getting these in a month or so..

Would it kill bandai to make the stands from clear plastic? We've been complaining for years about their butt ugly stands.

At least they included a stand with the Valk as a standard accessory... Yes, I'm looking at you, Arcadia! <_<

Edited by mechaninac

At least they included a stand with the Valk as a standard accessory... Yes, I'm looking at you, Arcadia! <_<

true true but its a right shame that the standard issue Bandia stand sucks a fat one.. Will have to order me some more FP stands or come up with a different solution to displaying it. I don't think I want to have it sitting on its landing gear. Maybe I'll hang it up on fishing line!?

true true but its a right shame that the standard issue Bandia stand sucks a fat one.. Will have to order me some more FP stands or come up with a different solution to displaying it. I don't think I want to have it sitting on its landing gear. Maybe I'll hang it up on fishing line!?

You have options.

Does the gunpod look a little small to anyone else? Almost like the yamato yf-19 gunpod.

hopefully the final version locks together a little better than shown in those last photos.. although it looks as if it was hastily transformed for display. That double hinged nose gear is an interesting approach too! Never seen that in another Valkyrie before! They must have been pressed for internal space having to do that I'd imagine. That would indicate a very different design and construction of this plane compared to the Yamato/Arcadia version. Still the plane looks fantastic! Loving the amount of tampo too!

They never had any decals afaik, except maybe a few extras like for that green VF-27 maybe (?) and the vb-6.

Interesting that the front landing gear seems to be hinged, probably because as Chrono noticed the front landing gear doors are very short.

Also thanks to MW members here I could finally get a PO at HLJ as well :D

Yeah, I had absolutely no faith in their ability to make it actually stay level.

At least with the Arcadia one, the gunpod looks relatively level in flight, due to having some amount of angle of attack... but that droop just makes the gunpod look impotent. :p

Or post-coital? I'm a glass half-full kinda guy today

You have options.

Does the gunpod look a little small to anyone else? Almost like the yamato yf-19 gunpod.

It does, maybe it's a wee bit cold? Lol

I don't understand why the gunpods of the VF-1 and VF-0 have extra parts so that the handle can collapse and no one had the idea to implement a similar mechanism to keep the gun of the Y/VF-19 level.

I just really hope this is either mis-transformed or an early sample, it looks very gappy in fighter mode. I'm still getting one, because I'm a completist and I love Isamu, but so far I'm still loving my Arcadia YF-19 a lot more. I just wish Arcadia could put that much tampo on their releases... Wish there was a best of both worlds company, the design of Arcadia, the tampo of Bandai.

Does anyone know the size of this thing by the way? I know it's supposed to be in scale with the rest of Bandai's valks, but is it as big as the Arcadia 19?

Edited by Brand-X

The forward canards are a different design to the Arcadia unit.. they don't mount perfectly flush against the forward fuselage and have little black painted areas at the very forward tips. And their pivot point is further forward too. Interesting..

I wonder if that was a Bandai detail or whether its true to the anime and was an Advance only design detail?

Edited by spanner76

I already have 3 on pre-order but only one of them is mine as one is for my son, and the other for someone else.. Im now considering ordering a 4th so I can have one each displayed in fighter and battroid. The latest lot of pics posted is making it very tempting! ahhh decisions decisions..