Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Guest davidwhangchoi

Just make sure to keep your expectations super low, as it is highly unlikely that PA will ever be able to get the goods.

Also, never pay upfront for this with PA.

not sure if you're serious...

wow, people do have a short term memory on here. nevermind

by the way the yen seem to be climbing back up slowly, so by May we might end up paying more later. For those that was able to pre-order from N-Y , you might want to keep a close eye on the exchange rate since you can choose when to pay.

by the way the yen seem to be climbing back up slowly, so by May we might end up paying more later. For those that was able to pre-order from N-Y , you might want to keep a close eye on the exchange rate since you can choose when to pay.

I had already thought of this seeing the Aussie dollar is all shot to hell n all.. I haven't yet paid for it so I will wait and see what happens in a few months..

Although im not so terribly worried about it and in the end if it costs me $30 to $40 more as a result I'll just be more glad I was able to secure one in the first place.. like I said we'll see how things go.

They just weren't able to deliver really, and a few people got stuck paying a fee to return pre-paid orders. I can't say that no one got one there, but enough people got stiffed that it left them with a bad reputation.

Well I had no idea. And given nobody else is restocking the only thing I can hope is that EVERYBODY hates Play-Asia enough they can get a few in and actually deliver.

Well I had no idea. And given nobody else is restocking the only thing I can hope is that EVERYBODY hates Play-Asia enough they can get a few in and actually deliver.

well, we dont know but the thing is, your chance is higher now since pretty much everyone in the forum knows the issue with PA and staying away from it. If you are comfortable, Pre order using credit card since most of the people back then used paypal which requires upfront payment and when the time they need to refund, they can no longer reverse the paypal transaction and buyers have to shoulder the forex loss.

Currrently, I feel lucky to chance upon the third wave from NY. Hopefully, the hype is not real and everyone gets theirs at release date.

well, we dont know but the thing is, your chance is higher now since pretty much everyone in the forum knows the issue with PA and staying away from it. If you are comfortable, Pre order using credit card since most of the people back then used paypal which requires upfront payment and when the time they need to refund, they can no longer reverse the paypal transaction and buyers have to shoulder the forex loss.

Currrently, I feel lucky to chance upon the third wave from NY. Hopefully, the hype is not real and everyone gets theirs at release date.

Already done last night so I guess we'll see.

I'm not trusting Play Asia again after the VF-25S pre-order non-sense. If they had refunded me in full including the Paypal "fee", then yes, but because they didn't and fought me about it even with my nicely worded e-mail complaints, forget it.

Edited by vsim

Guys the pre-orders for VF-19A is currently selling at retail price 23000yen in Japan A clear indication that there is a lot to go around, for if not the resellers won't be selling them at this price.

So don't fall prey to all those ridiculous marked up prices. I am sure it will be readily available at retail price in May. =)

Edited by CharlesXavier

I posted this on another thread but I'd thought I'd post it here too if anyone is still interested.

http://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-figures-pre-order/14026-macross-frontier-the-movie-wings-of-goodbye-vf-19-advance-dx-chogokin-.html

thanks for posting it again! Im still considering ordering myself another.. but 30k yen is rather unnecessarily high priced..

you can use proxy service and win some Yahoo Auctions, the hype has subsided now and there are a few listings that ends up lower than SRP. With Proxy fees and all, I expect that it should be lower than the NY prices.

of course there are some dis-advantages like you have to pay upfront and choose a reputable shop/seller to Pre-order.

edit:

here is a sample listing. buy out price of 21500 yen

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/188057934

Edited by chyll2

Two places I will never order from so long as I live: Nin-nin Games (They completely ignored a cancellation request for an item I once ordered from them, no acknowledgement that I even asked or even a standard refusal email; and when I did get it, their packaging job was so damned lousy that the item's box was crushed... immediate loss of MISB condition, and overpriced to boot), and Play-Asia (most of us know why at this point...).

I have personally never used toys logic, but I have seen the name... Maybe on ebay?

Just did a google search and the yelp says they are in concord, I wonder how likely they are to get an allocation of units.

I remember when hobbyfan tried to sell the RVF-25, they had to cancel orders. They are also stateside.

Edited by Loop