Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Want? Absolutely not.

Did? Absolutely yes.

I guess it all depends on what you're willing to spend money on, I still haven't purchased a 2nd release Renewal 25S out of protest of the mark-ups but I love the 19 too much to pass it up. And at $ 20-$30 over MSRP I can tell myself that it isn't that bad.

And I loathe Bandai for producing so few of the things I want to buy.

-b.

Want? Absolutely not.

Did? Absolutely yes.

I guess it all depends on what you're willing to spend money on, I still haven't purchased a 2nd release Renewal 25S out of protest of the mark-ups but I love the 19 too much to pass it up. And at $ 20-$30 over MSRP I can tell myself that it isn't that bad.

-b.

hey!!! yeah that's the way buddy!! :pB))

Wow, just got the email notification from NY. But then saw the price...I think I'm sticking with my HLJ pre-order on this one. Hope they will be able to deliver this time around. :mellow:

Considering how HLJ had it open for a few minutes and it was limited to 1 per customer, highly likely they will.

Want? Absolutely not.

Did? Absolutely yes.

-b.

True Macross spirit right there. :lol:

And here I was just about to say I was surprised that NY's price was lowest amongst all. Guess NY will just be NY lol.

I completely screwed up with the pre-orders this time round. Camped on AmiAmi and waited for an re-open, which they did. Once. Managed to get it into my cart, but like many others, got cart-jacked. By the time I realized that the other stores had opened their pre-orders as well, they were already all gone...

Oh well. Mandarake, here I come!

Hey everyone! It's been awhile so belated Happy New Year to all. ^_^

Nab one earlier at NY since I missed the PO yesterday. Thanks to email notification. ;) I just choose SAL Registered since I've been using that with NY for PO items that's already been marked up after the initial PO-ing just to save a little. With shipping, my total was Y26000 ($219). Not bad I guess. $20 cheaper than what I paid for YF-30 at NY. I'm just hoping that they will reopen their PO on the upcoming Orguss figure soon so I can combine with this one. What an expensive headstart for 2015. :blink:

Question now is, should I pay it now before Yen goes up again? :lol:

By the way, when you guys using NY, which currency do you prefer when ordering? USD or JPY? Thanks! ;)

And, if this one will turn out as 'great' as the Arcadia one, I will probably sell my extra Arcadia YF-19.

...or probably not. ^_^ I so love the YF-19 next to the VF-1S/A. :wub:

Just wondering if everyone who was attempting to get one on Amiami, HLJ and Hobbysearch had already logged into their accounts before commencing battle?

I had and was wondering if that would make a difference.........

Whether or not you are already logged in on these sites, they will still require you to enter your log in details to place the order.

:-( totally missed NY again. even at $217 i woulda bought even though i saw it for 176 the day before (sold out both tims obvi). oh well...perhaps it'll go back down to msrp at release (not likley but here's to hoping. did ozma ever go up before release at ny and then back down at release?)

Missed it again, I was asleep. Everyone praising Bandai is an idiot. This type of thing for EVERY SINGLE THING THEY SELL is complete and utter bullshit.

I agree. Seems a daft way to do business especially when they also have the other pre order option (RVF-25, Konig Monster etc).

Edited by The Old Man

Missed it again, I was asleep. Everyone praising Bandai is an idiot. This type of thing for EVERY SINGLE THING THEY SELL is complete and utter bullshit.

Why do you even come here? You didn't get a toy you wanted, so everyone that likes it is an idiot? I've got news for you, you aren't Bandai's customer. The toy released while you were asleep because it wasn't for you, and if you really wanted it, you would have been awake for it.

Why do you even come here? You didn't get a toy you wanted, so everyone that likes it is an idiot? I've got news for you, you aren't Bandai's customer. The toy released while you were asleep because it wasn't for you, and if you really wanted it, you would have been awake for it.

He hasn't figured out that they only make these to sell to Japan customers. We are lucky to get any at retail.

I didn't read the comment as condescending of anyone here in as much as it was a statement against the practice of limited releases, when a larger release would accommodate everyone. More profit for Bandai, more sleep for Macross fans. Though I suppose limited releases ensure less dead stock, and in the end a little less profit.

I always thought Disney doing the "locked in our vault forever" bi-line for video releases was ignorant, but nothing drives up sales like a false shortage or potential limited release.

At least with Disney, you can count on them digging out the old movies every 5-10 years for some anniversary release.

In Bandai's case, they may as well be destroying the molds after running out of stock for all the re-release potential they usually capitalize on. From a licensing perspective, it makes sense to target sales for a specific market, but that doesn't excuse them for all the OTHER releases they do this with. I generally hear nothing but horror stories all around for any Gundam or otherwise anime-related release from Bandai.

I dunno, Mommar did not call any of us idiots. He called Bandai idiots which I also do because of the madness created during PO's for general releases, but I have lucked out on every release thus far in the renewal series / post Bandai VF-25 v1 era. I can understand his frustration, especially cause I'm a get em all kinda guy and it would destroy my soul to miss one lol.

For this PO, i woke up 5min prior, went to HLJ saw it, hit the pre-order button, got my confirmation email, then went back to bed.

I'm blessed that my timezone is just two hours behind Japan's. But I'm sure that I'd be discouraged too if I had to stay awake way past midnight to line up for a pre-order and walk away empty-handed. Probably not enough to start dissing other people, but discouraged nonetheless.

I do hope though, that Mommar and the other MWers who missed the pre-order window will be able to secure one on release.

I can understand the frustration. However Bandai is playing this game since the first release of the VF-25G. That was two and a half year ago.

So clearly this seems to work for bandai because since than several annual sales reports had to be discussed on the management boards. So Bandai seems happy and this has to be more profitable than web shop exclusives otherwise we would have seen a different release method. In addition wester fans don't seem to pay a role in Bandais scheme.

Where out of luck. All we can do is moan and release steam on message boards (thats why they exist! :p) and pay the mark-up or get it through other distribution channels. But it got a bit better over the last years. The preorders for the last releases where less frustrating because the retailers opened up the sales windows several times until release.

*waits patiently for the next wave of marked up NY offers*

Didn't really plan on getting it. Was in the loo and these posts popped up on the tablet so I clicked the link and preordered without thinking. Crap, what if Bandai comes out with reapaints later... I got the v2 Yammie of it already and didn't really wanna spend anymore money. Oh well, this fig is so freakin' awesome guess it's better than "flushing" my money away on TFs.

Since the Yen got weaker, that's a decent price compared to what a Valk + Super parts would cost on pre-order a year or two ago.

Yeah but im in Australia and the AUD is tanking at the moment, even against the Yen.

Oh well, I selected pay later so if it ends up being too much Ill just let NY cancel it :)