Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

I always get a little concerned with Bandai valks, as they tend to get loose in many more places, and much faster than Yamato/Arcadia has. I have a feeling this will be a good release though, and I believe it will have all the SMS markings and such, so it'll warrant a purchase of this one. Still, no news on release date, preorder date, or anything like that?

Anyone else concerned they'll bump the price up higher than the YF-30, purely because the transformation isn't exactly simple, plus they're "including" super parts?

I think most people are less concerned because it's bound to cost much less than the Arcadia. I'm more concerned about whether or not I'll be able to get one since it's bound to be another preorder madness event.

Here's Bandai prices (MSRP) for those of you who want to guess where we'll end up:

VF-25 14,000

VF-171 14,000

YF-29 17,000

YF-30 20,000

Arcadia YF-19 32,800

I'm gonna guess this one is 18,000 Yen.

For whatever reason, I have it in my head it'll be 22,000.

Maybe because it'll be justified by Bandai because the super parts by themselves have a set price. Add them in and you can justify a price premium.

Still, one could argue the YF-29 had a similar arrangement with the wing engines, and they weren't exorbitantly priced, all things considered.

Happy to wait and see. I'd certainly love to get my hands on it when it arrives.

Edited by mickyg

Yep, I completely agree with David. That's exactly how I feel, I've transformed my Bandais whenever I feel like it (no loose joints yet) but I leave my Yamacadias in aircraft mode only. In fact most of mine (other than the VF-1s which is nice and simple) haven't been in any other mode - every time I try (especially with the VF-4G) I think I'm going to break/snap something plastic, That stupid orange heatshield on the VF-11, that stupid rudder fold on the YF-19 (really?! it serves no purpose other than to infuriate me!) Plus they look so bare with just the minimum of markings that they look way more "toyish" than the Bandais until I have to scrounge to dress them up with water slide decals. On top of all that, I usually pay twice as much for a Yamacadia than a Bandai!

I'm really hoping for a beautiful fighter mode on this baby to satiate my desire for a decent YF-19. Come on Bandai, a lot is riding on ya for me!

Couldn't agree more. All my Yamatos are are either in fighter mode or in box. As for Bandai, I can transform to any other mode whenever I feel like (may be the YF-30 is an exception as you need to swap the hand)

Judging from the price of YF-30, my price guess is 24000 because of the super parts. I hope it could be cheaper but I think that is just a wishful thought.

Guest davidwhangchoi

super parts will be included.if not they would have not revealed the parts until after pre orders opened as they did traditionally in the past.

i'm thinking north of 20000yen

Couldn't agree more. All my Yamatos are are either in fighter mode or in box. As for Bandai, I can transform to any other mode whenever I feel like (may be the YF-30 is an exception as you need to swap the hand)Judging from the price of YF-30, my price guess is 24000 because of the super parts. I hope it could be cheaper but I think that is just a wishful thought.

You don't really need to swap the hands on the 30.

The Arcadia Yf-19 now costs USD $300 + anywhere I looked, on Amazon they are listed at around $700 :ph34r: - There is no justification whatsoever for paying that much for a toy like this. So Im glad to see BANDAI is getting into the fray.

And It appears Bandai's version is alot better than Arcadia's, and likely cheaper. WAY TO GO !

For Bandai, it's not difficult to, say, upscale their Hi-metal VF-19S and tweak them a little bit and you've got VF (YF) - 19 now :)

61O0S0B2FpL._SL1000_.jpg

i dunno if this will go exclusive or not. On one hand it's a pretty obscure plane all things considered, showing up for those 3 seconds in Sayonara no tsubasa. But then it's Isamu and its more or less the YF-19 with Fast Packs and SMS markings, which is pretty awesome for Mac Plus fans. And then countering that is that there is the Arcadia one that a lot of us got, and when u8 pay that much for something, do you really need another one.

It's an interesting question.

Here is the list of the Chogokin fighters. The 30, 29 Ozma and Prophecy were all mass release, while everything else this year was. That seems to indicate most of their stuff now WILL be TWSE,, which is good news for pre-orderers.

Yeah, but I stayed up all night and still never got my own pre-order for Ozma's VF-25S...

I think at this point, it would be easier to procure one from mandarake after they have been released. I picked up my second VF-25F months after the most recent re-issue and only paid MSRP. That's what I plan to do with the 25S also. I couldn't get a pre-order either.

The Arcadia Yf-19 now costs USD $300 + anywhere I looked, on Amazon they are listed at around $700 :ph34r: - There is no justification whatsoever for paying that much for a toy like this. So Im glad to see BANDAI is getting into the fray.

And It appears Bandai's version is alot better than Arcadia's, and likely cheaper. WAY TO GO !

For Bandai, it's not difficult to, say, upscale their Hi-metal VF-19S and tweak them a little bit and you've got VF (YF) - 19 now :)

61O0S0B2FpL._SL1000_.jpg

You do realize the ONLY reason why this is going to be released by Bandai is because it was in Frontier, and for no other reason than that, right? Bandai is not "getting into the fray". They're making what they can from the parts of the franchise they actually have licenses to. That said, Arcadia might be out of the game once the older series valks run out, and with a new series coming, there will probably be an extension of Bandai's stuff. I'm not all that thrilled about it, as it means less quality IMO, but it is what it is.I am glad they're making this though. I'll keep the T-Rex set and this one as the display one to show. Gotta keep the good stuff outta sight.

Couldn't agree more. All my Yamatos are are either in fighter mode or in box. As for Bandai, I can transform to any other mode whenever I feel like (may be the YF-30 is an exception as you need to swap the hand)

Judging from the price of YF-30, my price guess is 24000 because of the super parts. I hope it could be cheaper but I think that is just a wishful thought.

Couldn´t agree less ... And no, you don´t need to change the hands on the YF-30 once you´ve installed the articulated ones.

Guest davidwhangchoi

will we actually see a pilot figure? or will the canopy be so dark it'll be a mirror cause i couldnt see isamu. he could ve been an old man with an eye patch for all i know... or a square box sharon ghost riding a 19

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Will Bandai do the double canopy opening for this vf-19? I would presume that the VF means that it does away with the double opening canopy and hopefully include an opening hatch in battroid much like the yamcadia vf-19s'

According to certain lineart, I don't think they should change the canopy opening:

post-12283-0-42243700-1415039560_thumb.jpg

post-12283-0-44044100-1415039566_thumb.jpg

Wow, this is crazy, and I just got an Arcadia YF-19 too. I can already tell this does some things better than the Arcadia, but it looks inferior in some ways too. I prefer the stockiness of the Arcadia battroid for example.

I bet we will see VF-19 MTR variations from Bandai!!

OMG, don't you go getting my hopes up!

I've got the feeling that the best version of this valk will be somewhere between the Arcadia YF and the Bandai VF, but none of them will be the best at everything...

Cool, where did that line art come from?

They were posted by a fellow member whose name I can't remember some time ago. There was an other one:

post-12283-0-26704900-1415041246_thumb.jpg

Ah, okay. Maybe it came from one of the Macross Chronicle issues.

That bottom shot reminds me of some improvements over the Arcadia that I hope this one will have.

- the ends of the arms not sticking out past the shield.

- gunpod is straight instead of angled downward.

- lack of/vastly decreased gap below the kneecap.

Of all the things though, the gunpod bothered me the most. It bothered me greatly every time I looked at the profile of fighter mode and wished they came up with a way to attach it so it would be on straight, like maybe the gunpod handle would extend or something.

Ah, okay. Maybe it came from one of the Macross Chronicle issues.

That bottom shot reminds me of some improvements over the Arcadia that I hope this one will have.

- the ends of the arms not sticking out past the shield.

- gunpod is straight instead of angled downward.

- lack of/vastly decreased gap below the kneecap.

Of all the things though, the gunpod bothered me the most. It bothered me greatly every time I looked at the profile of fighter mode and wished they came up with a way to attach it so it would be on straight, like maybe the gunpod handle would extend or something.

We don´t know yet whether the Bandai version follows these proportions / lineart.

And regarding the gunpod issue, yes, that would be an easy fix, shouldn't it?