Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Either Valkyrie development is dirt cheap or SMS pays a fortune to their employees. ^_^

[edit:] I will buy one but I would love to get one in the VF-19A colors.

Perhaps Isamu is a savvy investor?

Dunno...maybe Isamu is now into resto-modding old-school rides! :)

I wouldn't ever buy that. The father of a buddy of mine was just a regular Air Force pilot and in his sixties he's still just as cocky and full of himself as he was in his twenties. I don't think those kinds of test pilot personalities ever really go away. Look at Buzz Aldrin, he still has attitude today.

I wouldn't ever buy that. The father of a buddy of mine was just a regular Air Force pilot and in his sixties he's still just as cocky and full of himself as he was in his twenties. I don't think those kinds of test pilot personalities ever really go away. Look at Buzz Aldrin, he still has attitude today.

And how would that "attitude" not play into isamu's potential hobbies/interests?

If anything, Isamu might get personal satisfaction at proving that he can mod his old VF-19 into something that is far better than anything the BIG VF manufacturers can come up with (which the posted story implies it did).....isn't that the "attitude" that was portrayed of him in Macross Plus? The "I'm better than you" attitude...which can easily spill over into his attempt at building a VF-19 that is superior to the latest technology at the time?

IMO, the story actually lends itself quite well with Isamu's portrayed "attitude" in Macross Plus.

I detect "Nostalgia" in every comment regarding Isamu in this thread...

LOL...Nostalgia is what I would hope was the only reason to have included Isamu's cameo in Frontier.......However, the cynical part of me says the only reason why Isamu was included in Frontier was for Bandai to sell an extra toy! :rolleyes:​

I read something not too long ago, possibly another side story that a YF-30 had managed to shoot down Isamu in some conflict somewhere.. He ejected and wasn't injured if I remember correctly. Not sure what the fate of his 19 was though.. so it would seem that advanced as his modded 19 was it was no match for a 30!

I never crunched the numbers to check scale, but I always kinda though the 171 would be slimmer and sleeker than the 17. It is a newer iteration and you would think as tech advances are made the appearance would be a little more streamlined.

I read something not too long ago, possibly another side story that a YF-30 had managed to shoot down Isamu in some conflict somewhere.. He ejected and wasn't injured if I remember correctly. Not sure what the fate of his 19 was though.. so it would seem that advanced as his modded 19 was it was no match for a 30!

If you could track that back down I'd love to hear the whole story.

I never crunched the numbers to check scale, but I always kinda though the 171 would be slimmer and sleeker than the 17. It is a newer iteration and you would think as tech advances are made the appearance would be a little more streamlined.

I think I read somewhere that the 171 was a lower cost re-production stock gap version of the 17.. if I remember correctly..

If you could track that back down I'd love to hear the whole story.

found it! I knew I read it somewhere.. was looking around all over the place. It was something that was posted up on this very forum! not sure how accurate this information is.. interesting reading though!

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39877

Actually that's just from the Mac30 game and it wasn't the YF-30 that took Isamu down. Brera in his 27 is the one to take him out. Plus that wasn't in his VF-19Advance either. Although, according to the game, Leon was able to outmaneuver both the YF-21 and VF-27 at the same time, which is impressive.

LOL...Nostalgia is what I would hope was the only reason to have included Isamu's cameo in Frontier.......However, the cynical part of me says the only reason why Isamu was included in Frontier was for Bandai to sell an extra toy! :rolleyes:​

That's not cynicism my good sir, that's good business sense. Cartoons/Anime/Whatever are produced these days to sell additional merchandise - Macross is no exception.

I agree that it will be nice to have this to display next to Isamu's YF-29. Really looking forward to seeing some Fighter pics and getting solid details on how this is going to be released.

The 19 has always been one of my favorite Valkyries (so much so that I still have a MISB copy of Yamato's v1 1/72 YF-19 :ph34r:).

-b.

Takumi Yamazaki is fully credited in Sayonara No Tsubasa. It's 100% Isamu.

I highly doubt Kawamori added that cameo, so Bandai, five years after could make a toy.

LOL

5 (or however many) years later Bandai is still making toys from the series, movies and games. So regardless of whoever had the "say" in Isamu's cameo, Bandai as the series sponsor gets to capitalize on that appearance by making a toy.

That tons of people are currently clamoring for off of just a handful of pictures.

-b.

Because the price is lower, no doubt many will gladly buy this and claim it's the superior toy. Based on Battroid alone I'm thinking Fighter mode won't look as good. Maybe it will be "good enough" to people who couldn't, or wouldn't, afford the Arcadia version. But that won't necessarily make it the best. I'm willing to bet there will be brilliant little details on this in addition to some head scratching stupid as is Bandai's way. From my stance this is going to be an interesting, mildly cheaper wtf.

However---color isn't "faded/washed out" like Yamato's (probably TOO rich, but it at least actually looks tan, and not "bone") and knowing the Bandai DX line---it'll be 10x easier/more fun to transform. As in, you'll transform it because you enjoy it, and it'll be quick. Vs a Yammie, where you're like "yeah, I'll transform it NEXT month..."

Those are 2 big factors for "mass appeal". Eye-catching+fun.

Because the price is lower, no doubt many will gladly buy this and claim it's the superior toy. Based on Battroid alone I'm thinking Fighter mode won't look as good. Maybe it will be "good enough" to people who couldn't, or wouldn't, afford the Arcadia version. But that won't necessarily make it the best. I'm willing to bet there will be brilliant little details on this in addition to some head scratching stupid as is Bandai's way. From my stance this is going to be an interesting, mildly cheaper wtf.

Woah man, someone tell you, you were poor today or something? No need to be negative towards people trying to be spend savvy.

Really? I've absolutely never felt that way about any Bandai valk.. I transform all my Yamato/Arcadia ones regularly, but hardly touch the Bandai ones. I'm just always paranoid of screwing up the paint, or having them disintegrate in my hands. The VF-25s aren't -too- terrible, but the entire chest/neck system always felt terribly designed to me. The VF-171 is a crime against mecha collectors, and structural engineers.

Bandai definitely has a way of making some brilliant innovations, and then blowing them away by pairing them with engineering decisions made by brain-damaged monkeys.

Edited by Chronocidal

I still don't understand what the hell we are comparing?

the Arcadia YF-19 was nothing close to perfect, many issues, including loosening joints, broken wings, stress marks, and part gaps.

No one has any idea about this new release but two pictures and it's already being loathed. My issues with the Renewals so far

are loose joints, and exploding triangles. I feel the Bandai valks feel more like trust worthy toys IMO, where Arcadia products feel

more model like, and I hardly ever transform them.

doesn't make one better, than the other. I feel like what should be a positive note (product competition) is turning you into elitist snobs.
remember what happens when companies compete, things get better, and cheaper.

Bandai Vs. Arcadia is the same as Apples to Oranges. They are both fruits, but have different tastes, and textures.
But they both are delicious.

Edited by skullmilitia

Chill.

Everyone has different opinions and experiences when it comes to these toys (Bandai, Yamato and Arcadia). Some of my DX Renewals I love, others I really hate. The same can/could be said for Yamato/Arcadia items I've purchased. And people have favorites based on their experience, nothing elitist or snobbish about it.

Apples to Oranges is pretty apt though when comparing the two companies currently making transformable Macross mecha.

-b.

The VF-171 is awful in many ways but it's the exception. All the others are good solid fun valks. Yamatos---look the best in fighter mode (which is my #1 priority) but often have many other issues which pretty much relegates them to "display models" and not "transforming toys".

I think some people might be getting a touch defensive to justify the cash outlay they did on their Arcadia toy. Don't worry, there are going to be lots of comparisons later... no need to get negative Nancy already.

sigh

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

lol... what are the forums for? just positive comments so there's only safe opinions.

so far: someone thinks it may be inferior.

next comment is that the person is attacking bc they're poor.

next why so negative?

next lol

too many policing comments... if someone doesnt think its going to be quality, let them express it.

i think its going to look feel cheaper,but im still getting one. its ok.

but it is a head to head same valk different company. so comparisons are a good talk. as well as speculation.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

There's a lot of reading between lines that aren't there in regards to my comment. I was being purely analytical. People have already slagged off Arcadia and praised Bandai for this release based solely on these few pics without considering Bandai's history and basing everything on the potential lower price. There are some things here that look good, but that was true of the 30 and they packed some odd into that one that dropped my excitement for it greatly. I'm keeping my skepticism high now. The ankles already look like the versions from the VF-171 and if they implement a similar upper thigh mechanic this will be the superior Gerwalk mode in terms of poseability simply because of that. But given the shape of the chest pieces it resembles the Hi-Metals greatly and I despise the way fighter/gerwalk looks on those releases.

I was probably the most critical of Arcadia's YF-19. But after all of he half-assed efforts from Bandai recently I don't have the same faith in their design I might have once had after their 25's.

One thing that I can say with certainty about this.. for better or for worse, this is a big step for Bandai, because it's the first time they've actually had to translate a non-CGI valk into a toy of this scale. They've had it relatively easy with the VF-25 series, and all the further designs in Frontier, because they're already physically defined by the animation models.

This'll be their first really challenging transformation in quite a long time. Whether it turns out well or not, I'll be interested to see another approach to this infamously difficult design.

Edited by Chronocidal

Why are you guys arguing this DX is Isamu´s valk ? I know a similar one was seen in Frontier but, was it really Isamu? Was he phisically seen on it??

Takumi Yamazaki is fully credited in Sayonara No Tsubasa. It's 100% Isamu.

I highly doubt Kawamori added that cameo, so Bandai, five years after could make a toy.

^THIS^

He's in the credits, listed as "Isamu."

post-939-0-04367300-1414823268_thumb.png

some comparisons with mine, and props to the original photographer of the Bandai VF-19Advance

imitating Bandais as best i could, Arcadia's cant get the wings in the same position due parts blocking.

attachicon.gifBandai-ArcadiaVF19av1.jpg

Wings folded back, boosters attached normally, I like how Arcadia/t-rex missile pods move.

attachicon.gifBandai-ArcadiaVF19av2.jpg

Frontier Style, with booster clips and missile pods extended

attachicon.gifBandai-Arcadiavf19av3.jpg

hope you guys like it

These two models look amazing, I hope there will be some improvement like this one:

post-14299-0-71843300-1414834384_thumb.png

Nice!

I like that there is no more filler pieces necessary at the back of the leg and the whole chest area looks more snug in fit compared to the Yamato/Arcadia implementaion.

On thing that has got me intrigued and hoping is that horinzontal cut just where the cod piece is. I really hope that is a waist joint, that would put this this realisation above what we have now.

Nice!

I like that there is no more filler pieces necessary at the back of the leg and the whole chest area looks more snug in fit compared to the Yamato/Arcadia implementaion.

On thing that has got me intrigued and hoping is that horinzontal cut just where the cod piece is. I really hope that is a waist joint, that would put this this realisation above what we have now.

Seems that there is a waist swivel! Or unless optical illusion tricked me, the cod piece doesnt seem to be alinged to the front by a bit.