HLJ and Paypal issue

Gunbuster

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to know if those who order from HLJ are having issues with their paypal payment system. I got a payment request from HLJ, but when I tried using the credit card option (I have done this many times in the past), it’s not accepting any of my Visa cards. I get an error message, “The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit card number”. I have been using my same visa cards from my previous orders and it worked fine before this happened. I tried this on different browsers, different computers, disabling SSL 3.0, etc… and I still get the same message. I contacted HLJ and I got an auto reply email that states that this is a payplay issue with this link.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Forward/PayPal-Response-to-SSL-3-0-Vulnerability-aka-POODLE/ba-p/891829

So my question is, Are you guys see this issue? If so, how are you guys able to pay HLJ?

Thanks in advance!

Hm. That is a peculiar error. Have you checked with the bank that holds your Visa account to verify that HLJ wasn't flagged for some odd reason? I also had a billing agreement with HLJ, but I recently opted out because I like getting a payment request from the store and doing that part manually. I haven't had any issues with or without it.

You may need to check with Paypal as well since they are the middle man. And no, this won't have anything to do with the POODLE vulnerability so I have no idea why they sent you that. This sounds like a pure bank issue.

This happens once in a while. I've had this occurence with other companies like Gamefly and eBay etc. I try to buy something, order goes through but I'll later get a call from my CCC asking if I made a purchase or not from said retailer and then confirm I am who I am.

Long long time ago when I was 20 I purchased something from a group in singapore and it got flagged and denied by BoA. I got a negative feedback from the retailer next day cause my payment wasn't immediate and I had to dispute it with eBay explaining what happened and was pretty miffed at my bank for it happening so suddenly as after THAT incident every transaction that occured that day had been denied and flagged as fraudulent. There was a lot of going back and forth, it eventually got resolved, the neg feedback rating was removed by eBay and I didn't have a panic attack.

Sometimes, these things happen. But at least your CCC or Bank are staying alert with all the crap going on lately with Home Depot, Dairy Queen, Target, etc etc.