Black Panther
Falcon
Nick Fury
Maria Hill
Groot
Star-Lord
Bucky

Edited by no3Ljm

https://slate.com/culture/2018/05/avengers-infinity-war-and-the-last-jedi-take-very-different-approaches-to-long-running-franchises.html

...egh. I saw this as a recommendation, and I can't help but feel like it's comparing apples and oranges. It tries to wrangle an entire critical analysis out of a single shared plot point, and there's unsurprisingly not much of substance there to back up the arguments made.

On 5/3/2018 at 5:37 AM, hachi said:

I didn't get to see that movie. I used to like Transformers, but after the 3rd live-action movie I was done with the franchise. I have stopped caring about them.

The live action movies and the animated films are like night and day, especially after the first Bayformers movie. The animated movie from '85 is still the best Transformers movie of EVER!

Optimus dying in that one is like the Enterprise being blowed up, in that it has emotional punch especially for a child, and that we eventually get him back in the end. Prime was brought back to life by the Quintizons later on in the series.

Saw IF today and it was great! It was ticking from the start and didn't let up at all. There were a lot of characters to account for, but I feel that they fitted them all in quite well

On 5/3/2018 at 4:13 AM, hachi said:
  Hide contents

I see Paul Bettany when I see Vision haha. But I am also more worried about Iron Man/Pepper couple too. I hope they have a happy ending in A4.

I realize that I can't care about tony x pepper because I detest gwyneth paltrow IRL

Had a thought the other day, and I wonder if they'll do something similar at the beginning of Part 2:

Spoiler

Wouldn't it have been a gut punch if we finally saw Hawkeye right at the end? Say for example, he's in the hospital with his wife; and we discover that the reason he's been off the team is that he's holding his newborn baby. Then as he turns to smile at his wife, she fades away. And he looks down as his baby fades away too.

I know that would have stabbed me in the feels.

Then you get your explanation for where he's been, and your righteous justification for him to be a mohawk wearin', vengeance seekin' dude with a bow and arrow.

53 minutes ago, Kelsain said:

Had a thought the other day

I'm really glad they didn't do that. Woulda been too much, woulda cracked my impenetrable stoic facade...

Speaking of thoughts,

Wouldn't it just be the greatest troll ever if all those sequel movies turned out to be absolute lies? We've seen Marvel go to extreme and expensive lengths in the trailers to throw fans off the trail (har har). At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if they go through the whole hoopla of press releases and cast announcements, everything just short of actual pre-production, all for the sake of frakking with some heads.

On the other hand, the characters don't come back in Thanos Part 2 and each sequel movie is an adventure to revive them. Maybe even do it out of order, like the Spider-Man sequel they try to bring back Peter but find T'challa first, then get Peter at the end, then Black Panther 2 can be a more traditional sequel.

1 hour ago, Kelsain said:

Had a thought the other day, and I wonder if they'll do something similar at the beginning of Part 2:

Reveal hidden contents

Wouldn't it have been a gut punch if we finally saw Hawkeye right at the end? Say for example, he's in the hospital with his wife; and we discover that the reason he's been off the team is that he's holding his newborn baby. Then as he turns to smile at his wife, she fades away. And he looks down as his baby fades away too.

I know that would have stabbed me in the feels.

Then you get your explanation for where he's been, and your righteous justification for him to be a mohawk wearin', vengeance seekin' dude with a bow and arrow.

What is this the DC Universe? Nah seriously though, maybe a bit too dark for Marvel.

So, given the way the stones seem to have a mind of their own, I'm really not thinking they did what Thanos thought they did.  I'm half (ha) expecting that the half of life he "eliminated" from the universe was all sent to either a parallel universe, or some other type of storage dimension.  I'm actually imagining the next movie starting in what looks like the real world, but then we see all of the people who "died" in this one looking around and wondering where all the people who were left in the last scenes have gone.

:p 

11 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Hide contents

So, given the way the stones seem to have a mind of their own, I'm really not thinking they did what Thanos thought they did.  I'm half (ha) expecting that the half of life he "eliminated" from the universe was all sent to either a parallel universe, or some other type of storage dimension.  I'm actually imagining the next movie starting in what looks like the real world, but then we see all of the people who "died" in this one looking around and wondering where all the people who were left in the last scenes have gone.

:p 

Spoiler

The Russos have pretty much confirmed that the Soul Stone houses a dimension, and that is where Thanos was when he had his little chat with kid Gamora after the big finger snap.  So it wouldn't be a stretch to say that everyone who died in the final moments of IW were sent to the Soul Stone dimension.

I still don't get it why Pete's Spider-Sense only warned him when the spaceship is already above NY. Would make more sense if it alerted him and we see the spaceship entering the sphere or slowly descending in NY. Right?

8 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

A65A53CD-8977-4288-9514-D312C0793D8D.thumb.jpeg.106e55bb0d969dff03d51e0c57eb70c2.jpeg

Looks like the blu-ray will be released on January 1.  I’m sure that 2037 is an error though.

January 1 is likely an error too.  If they are sticking with their normal release window, it should be out sometime in August.

48 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

Thanos was the best part and only part of this movie that mattered. He was the only character they really fleshed out. But I do like how they did it like the Original Star wars where different parts of teams are focusing on their activities.

Only character they fleshed out?  Who else was left, The Cul Obsidian?  Literally EVERYBODY else in the movie already had their own films or featured in at least two previous.

25 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Only character they fleshed out?  Who else was left, The Cul Obsidian?  Literally EVERYBODY else in the movie already had their own films or featured in at least two previous.

true but im only speaking to this movie. Not their standalones. StarWars fleshed out characters pretty well without standalones.

Yes, but to me, that’s the only reason this movie could work. Infinity War is not intended to be a stand-alone film; in fact, the only reason we can care about these heroes at all, is because we’ve been introduced and come to know them over the past ten years. 

The interesting part of the good guy side is the shuffling of the different groups, and watching how these characters interact with others that we’ve met, but they haven’t.

Considering the “Marvel Villain Problem”, they made the right choice in prioritizing Thanos’ character development, putting him far above a bigger and more-badder generic bad guy.

8 hours ago, SuperSenpai said:

January 1 is likely an error too.  If they are sticking with their normal release window, it should be out sometime in August.

D760906B-B3A0-427A-B68F-FF5C01D6EAC4.thumb.jpeg.9f17e090afa1e2bf319693c4ec01bf0d.jpeg

Received this email afterwards.  The month got closer but the year went further.  LOL.  Yeah it must be an error.

6 hours ago, Kelsain said:

Yes, but to me, that’s the only reason this movie could work. Infinity War is not intended to be a stand-alone film; in fact, the only reason we can care about these heroes at all, is because we’ve been introduced and come to know them over the past ten years. 

The interesting part of the good guy side is the shuffling of the different groups, and watching how these characters interact with others that we’ve met, but they haven’t.

Considering the “Marvel Villain Problem”, they made the right choice in prioritizing Thanos’ character development, putting him far above a bigger and more-badder generic bad guy.

Basically, if IW was may be the third movie in the series, and they basically had the Stark origin story, mashed him up with Cap in Civil War, and then this, then IW wouldn't have worked out.  Think Justice League movie.  Besides, ten years of build up as you say is forever.  Thanos is probably right up there with Loki at this point in terms of a villain, I don't even mind that he had the throwaway Black Order and Outriders.  For him, they were a means to an end.  He didn't care one bit when he found out Ebony Maw bought the farm.  Of all of Thanos minions, the Maw was the only interesting one that I wish they did more of a backstory.  Although I wouldn't mind seeing him come back for revenge against Parker.

Man that scene after the credits, I did not see that little tidbit of information coming at all.

Any chance that

besides Captain Marvel we get someone like Adam Warlock showing up in Avengers 4?

16 minutes ago, Marzan said:

Any chance that

Hide contents

besides Captain Marvel we get someone like Adam Warlock showing up in Avengers 4?

I would hope so, after

all the effort they took to set him up in GotG2. Apparently there are also plans to bring in the Kamala Khan version of... Ms. Marvel? On a side note, I was having a conversation with a friend, and he had to explain to me the Marvel and DC Marvels, and I still don't think I get it at all. There's comic book ridiculous, and there's the "Marvel" ridiculous. But yeah, apparently Kamala Khan is at least in the planning stages for an MCU appearance, but not until after the Thanos arc is all done and over with.