2 hours ago, Dangard Ace said:

Hate afternoon theatres though.  Had to tell the late comer to sit his ass down instead of talking to his friends and the annoying girl(s)beside me who  kept turning on her phone during the last act and during the credits.  Turn off full brightness cause in a pitch black theater it’s frakking blinding!   Git off my lawn!

None of that is limited to the "afternoon" shows.  This is partly why I try to avoid going on opening weekend too.

8 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

None of that is limited to the "afternoon" shows.  This is partly why I try to avoid going on opening weekend too.

Really?  At my show it was pretty good.  As the lights went down some big dude said, “Okay boys, phones down.  Quit talking to your girlfriends.”

I have an interesting theory/idea for people that have seen Infinity War that a friend pointed out for me after he watched it.

Could Dr Strange have been replaced by Loki at some point? This was subtle for me when I watched it the first time, but when Dr Strange hands over the time stone to Thanos he makes the same hand gesture Loki did at the begining when he handed over the tesseract and both characters pulled the items out of thin air.

If this is true the big questions are when and why? Let's face it Loki's "death" at the beginning does seem off and kind of out of character for him. He's just not the type to throw his life away heroically in an improvised plan to kill Thanos like that. He's always been the plotting manipulative stab in the back type.

If he did fake his death and stowed away on Thanos ships he could have replaced Dr Strange at any point when Strange was unconcious and brought aboard the telepathy henchman's ship.

If he did replace Strange then how did Loki get around the magic protecting anyone from taking the amulet off the doctor?

6 minutes ago, renegadeleader1 said:

I have an interesting theory/idea for people that have seen Infinity War that a friend pointed out for me after he watched it.

Reveal hidden contents

Could Dr Strange have been replaced by Loki at some point? This was subtle for me when I watched it the first time, but when Dr Strange hands over the time stone to Thanos he makes the same hand gesture Loki did at the begining when he handed over the tesseract and both characters pulled the items out of thin air.

If this is true the big questions are when and why? Let's face it Loki's "death" at the beginning does seem off and kind of out of character for him. He's just not the type to throw his life away heroically in an improvised plan to kill Thanos like that. He's always been the plotting manipulative stab in the back type.

If he did fake his death and stowed away on Thanos ships he could have replaced Dr Strange at any point when Strange was unconcious and brought aboard the telepathy henchman's ship.

If he did replace Strange then how did Loki get around the magic protecting anyone from taking the amulet off the doctor?

Spoiler

The fact that the time stone worked on the gauntlet means it was dr strange all along, no? 

25 minutes ago, seti88 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The fact that the time stone worked on the gauntlet means it was dr strange all along, no? 

Yeah that occured to me too, which is why I'm not 100% sold on the theory. It kind of blows a hole in it unless Loki swapped with Dr Strange and took the stone, or Dr Strange having seen the only way out of the situation enacted all of this and just didn't bother telling anyone. If he knows the only good outcome out of the millions of possibilities he'd know if Loki was still around or not.

Or my friend and I are just reading way too much into things. :)

Saw this on Friday, but have been chewing the fat so to speak. After 10 years of buildup and a very tightly woven story throughout the Marvel Cinematic Universe + an almost 3 hour run time Infinity War still felt rushed. It could have been the frenetic pace of the story (because that's how it needs to be) combined with the scope, but things felt rushed.

That's not really a complaint, more of an observation since I very much enjoyed Infinity War, probably in my top 5 to 10 comic book movies, but # 1 still has to be Logan.

Also

Spoiler

Some of the deaths really should have been of characters that aren't already announced to be in sequels like Spider-Man and Black Panther. That lessened the impact since we know that certain characters will be back. Heimdell (sp) is done, and I suspect Loki too and maybe even Gamora but the folks that got turned into dust are coming back.

It would have taken major stones to kill Iron Man, and I thought that they were going that route for a moment, but the big 4 - Iron Man, Cap, Hulk and Thor all ended up surviving, even if Hulk got his ass thoroughly kicked and won't come out because of it. 

And I actually hate Star Lord now, I get that his actions were necessary to move the plot, I just would have preferred that Thanos come out of the trance on his own versus Quill being a complete idiot.

Anyway, definitely worth another trip to the theater if for nothing else to see Thanos, he did not disappoint.

-b.

4 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Saw this on Friday, but have been chewing the fat so to speak. After 10 years of buildup and a very tightly woven story throughout the Marvel Cinematic Universe + an almost 3 hour run time Infinity War still felt rushed. It could have been the frenetic pace of the story (because that's how it needs to be) combined with the scope, but things felt rushed.

That's not really a complaint, more of an observation since I very much enjoyed Infinity War, probably in my top 5 to 10 comic book movies, but # 1 still has to be Logan.

Also

Reveal hidden contents

Some of the deaths really should have been of characters that aren't already announced to be in sequels like Spider-Man and Black Panther. That lessened the impact since we know that certain characters will be back. Heimdell (sp) is done, and I suspect Loki too and maybe even Gamora but the folks that got turned into dust are coming back.

It would have taken major stones to kill Iron Man, and I thought that they were going that route for a moment, but the big 4 - Iron Man, Cap, Hulk and Thor all ended up surviving, even if Hulk got his ass thoroughly kicked and won't come out because of it. 

And I actually hate Star Lord now, I get that his actions were necessary to move the plot, I just would have preferred that Thanos come out of the trance on his own versus Quill being a complete idiot.

I thought it was a tad too slow, or paced incorrectly.  I checked my watch more than a few times which is a sign I’m not engaged enough.

Edited by Mommar

SPOILER ALERT

I'm more of a DC fan, but I wanted to see Thanos- as I hoped that they'd stay somewhat true to the books. Then the post credit happened; and instead of a Warlock or Silver Surfer reference, we get Captain Marvel. 

What does this mean?

Thanos is not the greatest threat to the MCU; Wonder Woman is.

52 minutes ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

SPOILER ALERT

I'm more of a DC fan, but I wanted to see Thanos- as I hoped that they'd stay somewhat true to the books. Then the post credit happened; and instead of a Warlock or Silver Surfer reference, we get Captain Marvel. 

What does this mean?

Thanos is not the greatest threat to the MCU; Wonder Woman is.

Warlock hasn't been introduced as a character really and Marvel didn't own the rights to Silver Surfer when the movie was made so they compromised.

37 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Warlock hasn't been introduced as a character really and Marvel didn't own the rights to Silver Surfer when the movie was made so they compromised.

I'm still very underwhelmed. Fine- no Surfer; yet.

They could've done Warlock in the post credits- coming out of his cocoon, then develop. They could've also brought a relevant "Infinity" character like Nova.

Captain Marvel wasn't even on Marvels rosters during the original Infinity conflicts. 

47 minutes ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

They could've done Warlock in the post credits- coming out of his cocoon, then develop. They could've also brought a relevant "Infinity" character like Nova.

Captain Marvel wasn't even on Marvels rosters during the original Infinity conflicts. 

The movies have never been exactly like the comics.  Why are you nitpicking this one thing now?

43 minutes ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

No way Silver Surfer could’ve been written into the script.  Disney’s acquisition of Fox is still too new.  We’ve no idea how they’re gonna fold the XMen into the the MCU let alone the FF and their villains. 

Warlock would’ve been a cool reveal but I’m guessing they’re leaving that for GotG Vol3.  

As for Nova (Richard Ryder) no way.  He got spanked in the original Infinity War, no WorldMind to guide Ryder,  and the MCU Nova corps aren’t the “human rockets” , just space cops.  

As for WW or DC cinematic universe being a threat ......nope.  

12 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

Just watched it. Really enjoyed it. 

I loved that Thanos was a more compelling character than Apocalypse was at the last X-Men movie. 

Since I'm not a comic book fan, I didn't understand the post credits scene :(

Sam Jackson is Nick Fury: super spy guy extraordinare.    In the original Iron Man movie post credit he introduced the Avengers initiative.  The woman was Maria Hill, high ranking SHIELD agent and Fury’s right hand woman.  The hi tech pager imagery is foreshadowing one the new Marvel movies coming and that that hero is part of the solution to what Thanos just did.  

On 4/28/2018 at 10:16 AM, captain america said:

Not to mention the fact that having an UNDO function cheapens life and lessens the impact that the death of a character is supposed to have on the audience. 

Comic books have been undoing character deaths for years to the point of self-parody, and the Infinity Gauntlet comic was the most egregious example of this.

7 hours ago, Mommar said:

The movies have never been exactly like the comics.  Why are you nitpicking this one thing now?

Because it really seemed like a shameless and cheap promo for a truly obscure character for the storyline- itself. At least with Warlock I I'Ded him with Infinity, whereas Captain Marvel wasn't even on the Marvel comics roster at the time- as I mentioned previously. 

Also, since DC is critized for rushing the story; how are you going to make Captain Marvel the supposed savior to Thanos with minimal development; a movie and a half? Talk about rushing. Thanos has been working both on and  behind the scenes since 2012. Maybe she'll get by with an Agents of shield cameo? Pass.

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

7 hours ago, Dangard Ace said:

As for WW or DC cinematic universe being a threat ......nope.  

Of course not; that's why the Marvel/ Disney perspective seems to be; we'll have an OP female lead come in, quickly develop her, and have her be a major part to respond to Thanos, all within now and 2019 (right when JL2, Aquaman, and WW2 come out)?

Sure bro.

7 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Just watched it. Really enjoyed it. 

I loved that Thanos was a more compelling character than Apocalypse was at the last X-Men movie. 

Since I'm not a comic book fan, I didn't understand the post credits scene :(

I was really relieved that I skipped on Apocalypse. I would have been really angry afterwards if I spent money on that movie. I enjoyed the previous movie though.

It's also good in a way if you're not a comic fan. Some choices might leave you disappointed. I know I was even with the very first X-men movie (though that movie was just OK in my book, not great). Though I am more of an X-Men fan. I knew little about what the Avengers did before the movies, but I did know who most of them were. Heck, I even watched some of those old Thor and Captain America cartoons!

I just can't find an original cut of Loki's hypnotizing sequence--that one was the funniest. So here's a mashup instead

So was dragged to Infinity War yesterday. Overall...

Meh.

There were a few interestiong points

Peter Dinklage's character being a subversion of Dinklage himself was neat.
Thanos' character development out side of the action scenes.
Fact that they ended with him retiring to an agrian life like in the comics.

But overall it was a bore, I think I hit terminal action flick saturation as I'm not looking foward to seeing any flicks this year other then Deadpool 2 and Aquaman and that is for the comedy alone. Hell I was more engaged watching Super Troopers 2 earlier this month.

My biggest complaint on this and what brought me the most groans though:

If one of three different heroes were willing to make the sacrifice that the villian was willing to then they would have won. They had three chances and blew everyone. While Scarlet Witch did make the sacrifice in the end, it was too little too late, had she acted earlier there was a good chance they could have won.

I will state that if the marvel movies are your primary means of stories and action then Infinity War will be great.

As someone who has seen better, and knows that the studio can do better, it was lack luster. 

4 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Because it really seemed like a shameless and cheap promo for a truly obscure character for the storyline- itself. At least with Warlock I I'Ded him with Infinity, whereas Captain Marvel wasn't even on the Marvel comics roster at the time- as I mentioned previously. 

Also, since DC is critized for rushing the story; how are you going to make Captain Marvel the supposed savior to Thanos with minimal development; a movie and a half? Talk about rushing. Thanos has been working both on and  behind the scenes since 2012. Maybe she'll get by with an Agents of shield cameo? Pass.

You're right and you're wrong.  Marvel have been attempting to flog Captain Marvel the last few years, and seem to be willingly ignorant to how unpopular her comic actually is (as Captain Marvel anyway), they think she's Wonder Woman tier and are trying to get her in there and show her off thinking people will be excited.  It's a promo for a largely unknown character.  That being said are you actually saying any random movie-going person will know Adam Warlock over Captain Marvel?  You're joking right?  Adam Warlock is even more of a deep cut than Captain Marvel.  Or Carol Danvers, anyway, since she's had a lot of different titles since her introduction in the 60's.

I don't know what roster or at what point in time you're talking about.

Nobody said she'd be a savior, only an asset.  Likely her going Binary will take an active role in whatever they have planned.

21 minutes ago, Mommar said:

You're right and you're wrong.  Marvel have been attempting to flog Captain Marvel the last few years, and seem to be willingly ignorant to how unpopular her comic actually is (as Captain Marvel anyway), they think she's Wonder Woman tier and are trying to get her in there and show her off thinking people will be excited.  It's a promo for a largely unknown character.  That being said are you actually saying any random movie-going person will know Adam Warlock over Captain Marvel?  You're joking right?  Adam Warlock is even more of a deep cut than Captain Marvel.  Or Carol Danvers, anyway, since she's had a lot of different titles since her introduction in the 60's.

I don't know what roster or at what point in time you're talking about.

Nobody said she'd be a savior, only an asset.  Likely her going Binary will take an active role in whatever they have planned.

She was active in Marvel comics from the 70s to the 80s, then went MIA until the early 2000s. As for the common movie goer; no. I am only speaking from my perspective. I'll agree that she'll be an asset, but a "very conveniently" placed one all of a sudden. 

I saw this over the weekend and thought ithey did a pretty good job considering all of the moving parts.

I think it could have been a reall mess in someone else’s hands but who knows. 

I try not to get too nit picky with comic book movies. As others have said, comic books are endless, everyone’s died and come back so many times it’s ridiculous lol

Overall it captured the spirit of the characters/story, and was consistently entertaining. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
a word

1 hour ago, Focslain said:

My biggest complaint on this and what brought me the most groans though:

Hide contents

If one of three different heroes were willing to make the sacrifice that the villian was willing to then they would have won. They had three chances and blew everyone. While Scarlet Witch did make the sacrifice in the end, it was too little too late, had she acted earlier there was a good chance they could have won.

I loved the movie, but I absolutely agree with your point here. 

I'm glad I don't read comics, and have only minimal engagement with the various animated shows, or these movies would be busted at every turn, such is the long and storied history of these characters. Suffice to say, ignorance being the greatest bliss, I enjoyed the movie for what it was. I thought the greatest strength of it was a moderate amount of screen time given to developing Thanos as a person, rather than just another throwaway super villain. I was rather amazed at how well they expressed emotion on his face, the tech and artistry in CG has come so far.

I got the Capt Marvel reference, if only b/c I'd seen some article or promo somewhere about her, so I knew she was coming one way or another. I agree that she is not a very well known character to those of us uninitiated (I've seen her once in a cartoon- that's it for my personal exposure), so to introduce her out of the blue without any prior buildup just seems like shoehorning in another superbeing to counteract the current superbeing threat. I haven't looked, but I'm guessing there'll be an origin movie for her sometime before the next Avengers so we know who she is, and why she's the 'one' to save us all. -Yep, in 2019.

After the movie, I looked up Thanos on the Marvel wiki, and wow, there's a lot of history there, a lot of metaphysical stuff, characters dying and coming back (the aforementioned Warlock)- just a lot of stuff that happened in the comics involving Thanos and the characters interwoven into his story. I had to stop about halfway down, as it was all too much for me to absorb. I appreciate the way they were able to pluck a few shreds of all that tapestry and still make a coherent story in which our intrepid Avengers/GotG fit. I'm thinking the comics writers were doing a lot of illicit drugs while reading mind-expanding literature throughout the Thanos years- it seems way out there. 

I don't know about Marvel bringing Capt Marvel into the fray just to compete with DC; I don't think they need to, quite honestly. If that were the case, they could do a She-Hulk, or Spiderwoman, or a stand-alone Black Widow movie- one with a better known character. Alas, the kernel of interest I find between Marvel and DC is that Capt Marvel's name is Carol Danvers, and Kal-El's plucky cousin is Kara Danvers, both of which wear red and blue long-johns and a cape, fly, have super strength, and possess any other number of super powers. Granted, Capt Marvel, throughout the character's many iterations, has a much more storied history. Probably not a coincidence the similarities in the names, though. 

6 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Of course not; that's why the Marvel/ Disney perspective seems to be; we'll have an OP female lead come in, quickly develop her, and have her be a major part to respond to Thanos, all within now and 2019 (right when JL2, Aquaman, and WW2 come out)?

Sure bro.

Dude all the “original” Avengers were unknown to the general movie going public.  Iron Man?  Who dat?  Robert Downey Jr ... sure I’ll watch it.  Thor.... some European god thing I read about back in grade school?   Eh, Iron Man was good I’ll watch it.  Captain America...gets a pass.   Everyone knows about Cap cause he’s as famous as Supes, Batman or WW.   Black Widow/Hawk who?  

Build up movies IM had 2, Thor and Cap had one.  Black widow and Hawkeye none.  Hulk is 0, 1 or 2 depending on if you count by movies or if you count the different actors playing Banner.  Then Avengers movie stormed into the scene.  

Carol Danvers been getting massive attention from Marvel for the last decade or so.  She’s cosmic scaled power if she gets to power up to Binary.  They'll need that.

As for JLA2, Aquaman and WW2.  Unless they up the storytelling they’re going to be second tier hero movies.  JLA was lacking, even one of their actresses said so.  WW looked so much like Captain America.  I still really like it but...comparisons.   Aquaman....eh.  Dragos got better things to do.   Darkseids when he finally shows is going to come out looking like a cheap version of Thanos at this point.

19 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

I haven't looked, but I'm guessing there'll be an origin movie for her sometime before the next Avengers so we know who she is, and why she's the 'one' to save us all. -Yep, in 2019.

Captain Marvels upcoming movie seems to be her origin movie as I believe it's set in the 90's.  Sam Jackson as Nick Fury will be in it.

12 minutes ago, Dangard Ace said:

Dude all the “original” Avengers were unknown to the general movie going public.  Iron Man?  Who dat?  Robert Downey Jr ... sure I’ll watch it.  Thor.... some European god thing I read about back in grade school?   Eh, Iron Man was good I’ll watch it.  Captain America...gets a pass.   Everyone knows about Cap cause he’s as famous as Supes, Batman or WW.   Black Widow/Hawk who?  

Build up movies IM had 2, Thor and Cap had one.  Black widow and Hawkeye none.  Hulk is 0, 1 or 2 depending on if you count by movies or if you count the different actors playing Banner.  Then Avengers movie stormed into the scene.  

Carol Danvers been getting massive attention from Marvel for the last decade or so.  She’s cosmic scaled power if she gets to power up to Binary.  They'll need that.

As for JLA2, Aquaman and WW2.  Unless they up the storytelling they’re going to be second tier hero movies.  JLA was lacking, even one of their actresses said so.  WW looked so much like Captain America.  I still really like it but...comparisons.   Aquaman....eh.  Dragos got better things to do.   Darkseids when he finally shows is going to come out looking like a cheap version of Thanos at this point.

Captain Marvels upcoming movie seems to be her origin movie as I believe it's set in the 90's.  Sam Jackson as Nick Fury will be in it.

Which is why I'm glad I read the books. I know better

;)

As I think about it, things could have been resolved VERY differently, quickly, and while still respecting the limits of characters' specific powers. Of course, that probably would have made for a shorter, duller movie, and no need for an action-packed sequel.

Spoiler

Dr. Strange could simply have used the Time Stone to trap Thanos in a time-loop, just like he did with Dormamu. Roll end credits.

Or if you want to drag things out a little further...

When Thor throws Stormbreaker at him, he aims for his left arm, chopping it off. The gauntlet now separated from its user, can be used to undo everything. Roll credits! Sometimes I think it's a good thing that I don't write these movies! :p

On 4/28/2018 at 7:16 AM, captain america said:

Not to mention the fact that having an UNDO function cheapens life and lessens the impact that the death of a character is supposed to have on the audience. 

This is what I've felt too when some of the characters died. I was sad for a little bit but I was like, meh, they will be back for sure. They killed the wrong characters, who everyone knows they have their own movie sequels to begin with. ^_^ 

But overall, I love it. ;) 

Edited by no3Ljm

On 4/28/2018 at 10:16 AM, captain america said:

I was the same way going into this, especially since in the comics:

After Thanos's defeat at Nebula's hands, she uses the gauntlet to bring back everyone that was removed by Thanos. Kind of like in DBZ when the Z Fighters wish back everyone killed by Freiza

Saw it, I will have to say that Sideshow Bob earned my money with this go.

The action was decent, and not too much waste of time, mixed in the right amount of humor, character development and action.

and to be perfectly  honest, if the entire marvel universe ended with that last Thanos scene, I would've been alright.  Somebody won.

The interactions were pretty good, and the Alien reference was fantastic, because Ebony Maw was really tough.  But not tougher than the vacuum of space. 

Would actually be most disappointed if Loki died.  He had plenty of time to come up with tricks.   Him take out Thanos as a part of sacrifice play is just so out of character.  Cause, let's face it, Loki just is not that stupid.  Or put it another way, he isn't Thor.

Edited by kalvasflam

11 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

You're complaining about this when Dr. Strange had a single origin film, then a small cameo in Thor Ragnarok, and yet went on to play a massive part in Infinity War?

honestly, no one has an idea what role she will play... so it's premature to complain about her role.  You do have to admit though, the setup they had for this storyline is great.  Even though some of the stand alones could've been much better.  But its well developed.  Since Marvel didn't bother to outline anything after Infinity Wars, who knows.

I do hope Thanos survives this whole thing.  I didn't mind that they killed most of the other villians in the show, but hopefully not Thanos.  I am very curious how they will top this at the end of the second movie.