I watched it this afternoon and i really liked it. 

Good things:

Spoiler

-The interaction between the different characters works really well.

-Action sequences seem to have more tension than the previous marvel movies. The characters feel in danger every time they fight agaist Thanos or his allies.

-Very fast pace(maybe even too much), a lot things happen in many different locations and planets.

Spoiler

- A true massacre in the end. Not quite sure all of the characters that are killed in the end will stay dead though.

Spoiler

Bad things:

- Too many characters and therefore no real deep or meditative moments for any of them, except...Thanos(but i was already excepting this since the beginning). I thought that Thanos characters was built really well.

-Not too impressed by the final battle in Wakanda. It had a sort of lord of the rings vibe which i thought did not fit the movie or the world they built so far.

Just one post-credit scene, at the very end of them but it is definitely worth watching.

Spoiler

So i guess Captain Marvel is coming to save the world in the second one?! I am a little rusty on the marvel universe outside the cinematic one so i am not completely sure the simbol shown in the end belongs to her.

Gone:

Heimdall, Valkyrie (most likely), Loki, The Collector, Gamora, Vision, Mantis, Starlord, Winter Soldier, Black Panther, Falcon, Doctor Strange, Drax, Spider-Man, Scarlet Witch, Groot, Maria Hill, and Nick Fury.

3 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

I haven't seen any spoilers, but for some reason my interest in this has gone from pretty high, to meh to almost non-existent over the last week and a half. don't know why.

I'm the exact opposite. my interest has gone from  meh in the last few months to really excited this week.

1 hour ago, Graham said:

I'm the exact opposite. my interest has gone from  meh in the last few months to really excited this week.

I think it's just real life has me not in the mood for big superhero movies right now.

9 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

9B47211D-9C1F-4801-8245-8C9464049531.thumb.jpeg.498ff86bfbb2e4d754ef077392be9c68.jpeg

Got a cool booklet at the theater.  Free is free.

I kind of want the Marvel Legends Proxima Midnight figure now.

I’m not super fond of the figure personally, but it’s the only Proxima Midnight figure we have.  She’ll be scaled too large next to Figuarts Thanos though he will still be larger than her.  The Legends Black Dwarf will look awesome next to the both of them based on the early reviews from the Phillipines though.

Edited by Mommar

11 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Gone:

Reveal hidden contents

Heimdall, Valkyrie (most likely), Loki, The Collector, Gamora, Vision, Mantis, Starlord, Winter Soldier, Black Panther, Falcon, Doctor Strange, Drax, Spider-Man, Scarlet Witch, Groot, Maria Hill, and Nick Fury.

I’d respond to why this is the wrong choice but I can’t find the hidden tag on my phone.

Edited by Mommar

I wonder if...

Spoiler

The reason Dr. Strange willingly gave the Time Stone to Thanos is that he foresaw that omnipotence and the lack of adversity ultimately leads to dissatisfaction and perhaps even madness. 

Jordan Peterson has a nifty little lecture on that here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f53zS93Sq9I&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=VfCHKRr-cPl3tphr-6

As much as I'd like the dead characters to stay dead, I suspect that the conclusion above may lead to the undoing of the events (and deaths) we saw in Infinity War. Time will tell.

50 minutes ago, captain america said:

I wonder if...

Reveal hidden contents

The reason Dr. Strange willingly gave the Time Stone to Thanos is that he foresaw that omnipotence and the lack of adversity ultimately leads to dissatisfaction and perhaps even madness. 

Jordan Peterson has a nifty little lecture on that here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f53zS93Sq9I&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=VfCHKRr-cPl3tphr-6

As much as I'd like the dead characters to stay dead, I suspect that the conclusion above may lead to the undoing of the events (and deaths) we saw in Infinity War. Time will tell.

That or...

Spoiler

Strange saw in the one continuity where Thanos was defeated that the "snap" needed to happen, lose the battle to win the war and all of that. Either way, everyone that "snapped" away will be coming back in the next film, hard to have a Homecoming 2 or Black Panther 2 without Black Panther and Spidey. My guess is that with Ant-Man 2 and Captain Marvel being the only films between the next Avengers movie, the quantum realm and Marvel herself and possibly the Kree will have a LARGE impact on defeating Thanos, as is Fury contacted her at the very end so she's coming. I'd guess Strange saw that half the population had to die to give Thanos his false sense of victory in the moment, but his downfall and everyone's revival is coming, he saw it, they're just not there yet.

29 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

For those that have seen it how would you rank it with the other MCU films? Did it make the top 5 or top 10 in your list? For example here is my top 5:

1. Captain America: Winter Soldier

2: The Avengers

3. Captain America: Civil War

4: Thor Ragnarok

5: Black Panther

Definitely top 5, and I'd guess that for everyone that will go see it, the movie had pretty much everything and somehow lived up to all the hype.

I need to see it again but for now I'd say it's my #1, easily.

Spoiler

My gut feeling is all the people snatched away there at the very end will be returned to us.  The ones who had more funereal moments in the rest of the film, however, will likely not.

I gotta say...

Spoiler

Even though it was milked like a cow's utter, seeing poor Peter fade away broke my damn heart, I can admit a small man tear squeezed its way out. That was hard to watch, and Tom Holland sold the living crap out of that scene. Seeing Tony, knowing he brought this child into this battle and war, and having him be a casualty, Tony is going to be VERY messed up in the next Avengers film.

Saw it last night and really enjoyed it, BUT....

like someone else pointed out...

having Spidey and Black Panther be part of the half eliminated group REALLY lessened the impact as we already know they are doing more movies so we k ow there is not going to be lasting effects. If they would’ve used Cap, Black Widow, and the Dora melange leader instead it would have been more believable as possibly having lasting repercussions.

Chris

Saw it on IMAX today--didn't really want IMAX but it was the only way I could reserve a seat quickly so I had to pay up. Else I was going to suffer standing in the lines, or worse, get spoiled if I failed to watch this weekend. Anyway it was great, Thanos was well presented. But I need a rewatch, hopefully the theaters won't be so full next weekend.

3 hours ago, Dobber said:

Saw it last night and really enjoyed it, BUT....

like someone else pointed out...

Hide contents

having Spidey and Black Panther be part of the half eliminated group REALLY lessened the impact as we already know they are doing more movies so we k ow there is not going to be lasting effects. If they would’ve used Cap, Black Widow, and the Dora melange leader instead it would have been more believable as possibly having lasting repercussions.

Chris

Not to mention the fact that having an UNDO function cheapens life and lessens the impact that the death of a character is supposed to have on the audience. 

4 hours ago, captain america said:

Not to mention the fact that having an UNDO function cheapens life and lessens the impact that the death of a character is supposed to have on the audience. 

I still can’t use the spoilers tag so I’ll try to keep it general.  They had two options, permanence or last hurrah.  Unfortunately they went with the latter.  Which is the wrong choice IMO.

Just saw it.    This is my ESB MCU style.   And stay for the aftercredit trailer.   It felt like one of the original aftercredit trailers leading up to the original Avengers movie   

Hate afternoon theatres though.  Had to tell the late comer to sit his ass down instead of talking to his friends and the annoying girl(s)beside me who  kept turning on her phone during the last act and during the credits.  Turn off full brightness cause in a pitch black theater it’s fucking blinding!   Git off my lawn!