• 1 month later...

Finally watched Thor Ragnarok and greatly enjoyed it.  Hemsworth commented he wanted the Thor franchise to go into a new direction, hence the more light-hearted and playful tones.  After watching Thor left wondering if Hela was actually a grossly misunderstood character who in the past demonstrated honorable qualities?  After all, didn't she wield Mjolnir before Thor?  Also isn't Odin himself the true villain?  Didn't he use his own daughter as a "weapon" to conquer the nine realms, but after serving her purpose, Odin cast her aside when he could not control her?  Seems to me Odin and not Hela was the source of the problems.  Hela did what she did best.  It would not surprise me at all if she represents Death in the Infinity Wars (which really should be a two part film).

Lastly, after watching Star Wars The Last Jedi then Thor, it was greatly disheartening to see Disney continually promulgate feminist, SJW (social justice warrior), and income inequality agendas into their modern films. Removal of those agendas would've greatly improved the script.  Just my ten cents.

2 hours ago, Fortress_Maximus said:

Also isn't Odin himself the true villain?  Didn't he use his own daughter as a "weapon" to conquer the nine realms, but after serving her purpose, Odin cast her aside when he could not control her?  Seems to me Odin and not Hela was the source of the problems.

He's the source of a lot of the problems of the source Norse mythology, too. So you're not wrong to say he's the true "villain," but boiling him down to that simple dichotomy misses out on a lot of what makes him a good character.

2 hours ago, Fortress_Maximus said:

Lastly, after watching Star Wars The Last Jedi then Thor, it was greatly disheartening to see Disney continually promulgate feminist, SJW (social justice warrior), and income inequality agendas into their modern films. Removal of those agendas would've greatly improved the script.  Just my ten cents.

How did it "promulgate" which "agendas"? The only thing I remember is maybe there being some income inequality subtext mainly because of the nature of where the story took place. The movie also maybe, MAYBE hints at Valkyrie's non-heterosexuality, but the hints if they were there were super subtle and the movie didn't do anything substantive with it anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...