• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just watched this a few hours ago. It was really fun!

Spoiler

Some scenes in the trailers were different in the movie, or didn't even show. I think that's the thing that bugged me the most.

Before I was worried about Cate Blanchett's Hela but yeah her villainy portrayal was ok. She was at the least convincing in her delivery of lines.

And Tessa Thompson, wow, can't imagine anybody else as the Valkyrie now. Hope she shows up in Infinity War too.

And there are 2 ending credits. 1 after the main credits and 1 after all credits are done. Don't go out too early ;)

Edited by hachi
edit spoilers

2 hours ago, hachi said:

Just watched this a few hours ago. It was really fun!

Hide contents

Some scenes in the trailers were different in the movie, or didn't even show. I think that's the thing that bugged me the most.

Before I was worried about Cate Blanchett's Hela but yeah her villainy portrayal was ok. She was at the least convincing in her delivery of lines.

And Tessa Thompson, wow, can't imagine anybody else as the Valkyrie now. Hope she shows up in Infinity War too.

And there are 2 ending credits. 1 after the main credits and 1 after all credits are done. Don't go out too early ;)

About the 2 ending credits, I think it's already a standard with any Marvel movies at this point.

Spoiler

True also regarding some scenes from the trailer and from what's actually shown. Been noticing this with any Marvel movies for awhile now. What I actually hate is that they show the 'best' ones in the trailer and yet use a 'meh' version in the movies. You can easily tell because it's always the 'funny' scenes in the trailer that's missing in the actual movie. It's like you already know the timing since you've been watching the trailer all the time prior of the movie. And then once it hits that specific scene, it's different. Different setup. Different angle. Different version. Different line delivery. And all we can do is scratch our heads. <_<

Enjoyed it all the way! Just wish they had drawn the humor down a notch, as it overshadowed the dramatic moments somewhat.

Also, I'm wondering,

Spoiler

where was Lady Sif..? The Warrior's Three were all killed pretty quickly, but I didn't see her anywhere. Which may be a good thing. Maybe she survived...

Edited by Thom

Just saw it yesterday and we loved it. Some scenes feel a bit overly coincidental, but the humor and epic action all made up for any complaints I have. The attitude reminded me a bit of something out of heavy metal, rather than marvel. This may have been my favorite of the Disney Marvel franchise.

On 11/5/2017 at 8:09 PM, Thom said:

Enjoyed it all the way! Just wish they had drawn the humor down a notch, as it overshadowed the dramatic moments somewhat.

Also, I'm wondering,

Reveal hidden contents

where was Lady Sif..? The Warrior's Three were all killed pretty quickly, but I didn't see her anywhere. Which may be a good thing. Maybe she survived...

Spoiler

Busy with her Television show and couldn't make filming.

Edited by Mommar

Saw it with my wife yesterday, and we both enjoyed it. IMHO, the best Thor movie. I thought the humor worked, it told a good story, and there were some great interactions between characters that stand out and made it just that much more enjoyable.

Spoiler

The two things that bugged me were the generic, cheesy Halloween look of the skeleton army that Hela raises; I think it would have been cooler had they been re-fleshed to their original states (not zombies- there are enough zombie shows and movies, thanks), and the transport ship they use to carry off the Asgardians, and the number of people we see loaded aboard, both seemed a bit inadequate considering the size of Asgard.

On 11/10/2017 at 12:04 PM, M'Kyuun said:

Saw it with my wife yesterday, and we both enjoyed it. IMHO, the best Thor movie. I thought the humor worked, it told a good story, and there were some great interactions between characters that stand out and made it just that much more enjoyable.

Hide contents

The two things that bugged me were the generic, cheesy Halloween look of the skeleton army that Hela raises; I think it would have been cooler had they been re-fleshed to their original states (not zombies- there are enough zombie shows and movies, thanks), and the transport ship they use to carry off the Asgardians, and the number of people we see loaded aboard, both seemed a bit inadequate considering the size of Asgard.

Spoiler

I'm going under the assumptions that a lot of Asgardians died in Ragnarok. The only survivors we see are the ones Heimdal managed to hide in the mountain, and I think they are the only ones who managed to escape. Well, them and Sif.

Waiting on the extra scene as I write this. Enjoyable, but the dialogue was disappointing. Of all the Marvel universes, Thor needs a specific cadence to its dialogue, to how especially the main character speaks and acts. The first movie is still the best at getting this classical, mythic dialogue right, and even the second movie had its share of Shakespearean speech. This one was too Guardians of the Galaxy about it. Otherwise, really enjoyable movie.

Edited by kajnrig

On 11/15/2017 at 8:00 AM, Major Focker said:

utterly disappointed

1125x682_previewbanner_903114_HTValkyrie

how come they were able to make WW with seamless joints?

guess i'll just have to wait for her Valkyrie version.

Wow, that is disappointing. On the plus side, it may be cheaper for the cheaper body used, and you could spend a little on a phicen body (or equivalent) to try and replace it.

• 2 weeks later...