7 minutes ago, Dobber said:

That was a really cool trailer. So is this the new thing.....to use classic rock songs in trailers? 

Chris

Yeah, I coulda done without it. It didn't feel very Thor-ish, but then again, this is kind of another fish-out-of-water type story, so... eh.

I love the Immigrant song, but I've noticing the trend in a lot of trailers lately ...not just Marvel....to use a classic rock song. I don't dislike it or anything,  just see it as a trend. Like a certain add agency is suddenly in charge of advertising for many movies, j/k

Chris

Maybe a sign that the Guardians are gonna make an appearance at the end of the flick, and in that way start to bring everybody together for the Infinity War?

33 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Maybe a sign that the Guardians are gonna make an appearance at the end of the flick, and in that way start to bring everybody together for the Infinity War?

I'm super ok with this. :good:^_^ 

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

What's wrong with Guardians?

Probably just too different from what Thor's been before. They went from "classically" Norse in the first movie to the trademark "Marvel" Norse in the second movie to... Guardians of the Galaxy here.

I can see them trying to blend the universes, seeing as GOtG will be teaming up with the Avengers at some point. This would make that less jarring to see once two different styles being mashed together.  And I think I watched like twenty reactions last night on YTube and loved it every time. Everyone was like 'What?!' when the Hammer got crushed and were just wowed by Blanchet. She looks awesome! I really hope they treat her better than they did Russo. In the first one, Thor's mother could have been played by a stand-in because of how little they gave her to do. The second was better and she dies a hero, but that first missed opportunity to use a real big-name leading lady always sticks with me.

For a first teaser, I am super stoked! Loved everyting I saw so far. Except... Where is Sif and the Warrior's Three..? I hope she and they haven't been just dropped. Especially her though! Need my Sif!:wub:

Edited by Thom

46 minutes ago, Thom said:

*snip*

For a first teaser, I am super stoked! Loved everyting I saw so far. Except... Where is Sif and the Warrior's Three..? I hope she and they haven't been just dropped. Especially her though! Need my Sif!:wub:

Based on IMDB, only Fandrall is missing from the cast/characters. Lady Sif and the Warrior's Two? ;) 

4 hours ago, Mommar said:

What's wrong with Guardians?

Nothing is work with Guardians, I enjoyed the first movie quite a bit. However I also liked the more medieval/magic Kingdom vibe the Thor movies had. The trailer strikes me more of an executive thinking Guardians memes are popular on the Internet right now so we give them more of that.

This is just a trailer so the movie itself could be quite different and I'm looking forward watching Thor Ragnarok in cinemas. :)

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Based on IMDB, only Fandrall is missing from the cast/characters. Lady Sif and the Warrior's Two? ;) 

unrelated but i would get a kick if they did add betaraybill in the future...i forget ...did the warriors three appear briefly b4 in the thor movies?

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

unrelated but i would get a kick if they did add betaraybill in the future...i forget ...did the warriors three appear briefly b4 in the thor movies?

Yup, they had more screen time altogether in the first one than the second one. Second one is more like each character have their own here and there moment.

16 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Cool very informative! So surtur storyarc is a possibility in the future woohoo!

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yup, they had more screen time altogether in the first one than the second one. Second one is more like each character have their own here and there moment.

I tot i had a kick of them briefly appearing! Potential spin-off haha :lol:..

Thor's prob my least favorite Marvel hero, so I've been ignoring the trailer for this up until now. Everything about this looks cool. The "friend from work" line is pure gold. Looks like it's going to be chock full of humor, and when it's done like this, I'm all for it. Great cast in this movie, too. Looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, lechuck said:

I like the old school/retro effects for the movie titling.

So is Strange going to be in the mix or not?

He's going to. He's in the cast of Thor:Ragnarok. Maybe Marvel decided not to show a scene or two about them on trailers. Aside from the post scene from Doctor Strange. Keeping people to coming back for more. ;)