Those action figures look great but...i didn't know there was going to be a "predator" in guardians of the galaxy 2...i am talking about the the blue figure on the left...i mean it looks really cool but it does remind me a bit of the predators...

On 4/22/2017 at 9:04 AM, Sildani said:

Huh. They included people who aren't in the movie, but didn't include Yondu? 

Yondu and Drax were already released in the previous GotG wave from last month.  See?  Only three movie characters in the first wave, the other four are all comic characters.

HAS25302.jpg

Deaths Head was always a stupid character IMO.  Even when I was a kid I thought his comics were dumb.  For some reason the Brits ate him up though.

Edited by Mommar

Saw it two days ago and thoroughly enjoyed it, although I didn't think it wasn't quite as good as the first one. My son thought the same also. Can't quite put my thumb on exactly why it wasn't quite as good though.

Visually it is a stunning movie.

Also, a lot of the humor is really funny and there are probably more jokes than in the first movie.

As a parent of a teenage son, I was laughing out loud at the post credit scene with......

teenage Groot and Starlord

Saw it last monday, it was ok but not better than the first one, at least for me

It is refreshing to see a super hero movie with so much colors, away from the usual grays of marvel

Nice character development, altough Drax was a bit over the top

Good soundtrack, again I think the first one was better but more because it was so damn spot on, not so much now 

The villian was kinda meeh

Now, my main complain was the humor, and I dont know if its just me tired of the same kind of jokes on marvel movies but I didnt laugh or even smiled with most of the jokes, I know some people find it more apealing but for me this wasnt the case, I guess you have to see it to make your own opinion

I'll wait for it to come on Redbox.

I know the Internet loved the first one but that was the one of movies where I really noticed I was having Super Hero movie burnout.   In my younger days I know I demanded a super hero movie  all the time but in hindsight I really did appreciate having to wait every 2 to 3 years.

It was pretty good and I enjoyed it well enough, but obviously as it's a sequel, it's no longer as fresh or original as the first GotG movie, just more of the same but with more humor and prettier landscapes this time.

Will I go see it a second time at the cinema...........no.

Will I buy the blu-ray later..........no. I did buy the first movie on blu-ray, as it was something new and fresh, but no burning desire to get this one.

25 minutes ago, Sildani said:

It was excellent. Equal to the first, IMO. 

Agreed, I loved it as much as the first, and will be buying copious amounts of merch, the standalone Bluray, and the Phase whatever box set. I still love these Marvel films to death, they are fun, fairly well written, and the casts are always fantastic. Far better then anything DC is shitting out and calling their cinematic universe.

I had a good time with it, same as the first. Got really dumb-cheese at the end, but forgivably so. You can dust it off your shoulders because the rest of the movie - like the music, the editing, the humor, so on - is well-done. Contrast that against a certain other movie, which also gets dumb-cheese at the end but doesn't do any of the rest nearly as well...

Loved the entire drawn-out sequence of finding tape at the end. It's like the Simpsons rake scene played out over two and a half minutes.

55 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I had a good time with it, same as the first. Got really dumb-cheese at the end, but forgivably so. You can dust it off your shoulders because the rest of the movie - like the music, the editing, the humor, so on - is well-done. Contrast that against a certain other movie, which also gets dumb-cheese at the end but doesn't do any of the rest nearly as well...

Loved the entire drawn-out sequence of finding tape at the end. It's like the Simpsons rake scene played out over two and a half minutes.

"Did you ask Nebula?!"

"... Yes!"

2 hours ago, Sildani said:

It was excellent. Equal to the first, IMO. 

My sentiments exactly. I also liked how this kept the momentum of the first movie, while bringing all that colorful entertainment to bear. For me, Guardians feels the most like watching a comic book come to life on the big screen. I think the last movie to come close to scratching that itch was the 1980s Flash Gordon film.

On 5/1/2017 at 11:32 PM, Graham said:

Saw it two days ago and thoroughly enjoyed it, although I didn't think it wasn't quite as good as the first one. My son thought the same also. Can't quite put my thumb on exactly why it wasn't quite as good though.

Visually it is a stunning movie.

Also, a lot of the humor is really funny and there are probably more jokes than in the first movie.

As a parent of a teenage son, I was laughing out loud at the post credit scene with......

Reveal hidden contents

teenage Groot and Starlord

Saw this last week, and liked it a lot. Not better than the first, but not least either, I felt it fit in really well with it. My one critique would have been to have something with Quinn's father happen in a third movie rather than the second, but that's it.

As to what is hard to put de thumb on, it may be because the danger was not clear and present. It was more ambiguous. But that was alright, because while I was waiting for the 'threat' to rear it's ugly head I was just really enjoying the interactions between all the characters.

A very fun movie, and I love how everyone, no matter that was happening, always had an eye out for Baby Groot! Especially liked during the end-credits how Quinn was now able to understand Tween Groot!

• 2 weeks later...

Loved it, maybe as much as the first.  I never watched it like a superhero movie.  In fact, didn't read the comic, had no idea it was based off a comic.  Watched the first one as if it was a science fiction/science fantasy film and basically approached the second one as such.