Curious if the movie induced vertigo or nausea ? I got a bit dizzy during the first trailer and want to take my wife to see it, but her tolerance of "shaky-cam" stomach effects is even less than mine. I know this movie doesn't use shaky cam as technique, but a lot of the visuals are constantly whirling.

I didn't have too much issue with it in 2d viewing at least. And I was/am recovering from a nasty head cold. So I think that's just about worst case scenario as far as vertigo susceptibility is concerned.

In 3d though, man that'd be an entirely different story, I think.

I can see that, but I thought they struck the right tone with his character- he is an a-hole, but the wit and sarcasm he employs was done with the right amount of subtlety. I imagine they didn't want him to be a Tony Stark clone, so they ratcheted up the arrogance to 11, making him an even more self-absorbed jerk than Stark. But I guess if I was a gifted neurosurgeon, with all the pride and lucre that follows, and had it taken from me, I'd have some anger and resentment, too. Cumberbatch did a good job portraying that- good actor, that guy. :)

Overall, another great Marvel film with an interesting and evolving character at its heart. The special effects guys earned their money on this film- makes Inception seem tame by comparison. Looking forward to the next installment.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2016 at 10:04 AM, miles316 said:

I seen DR strange this week and does this movie take place during "Iron Man Two" or CA:Civil War", Or is SItwell's Steven Strange name drop from Winter soldier just a aberration.

In the scene right before the car crash where Dr. Strange is on the phone discussing cases, one of the patients they mention is a guy who was injured wearing some kind of experimental armor, which appeared to be a reference to War Machine who got shot down during Civil War.

As for Winter Soldier... from what I remember, the purpose of Project Insight was that it was supposed to target any individual that the algorithm determined could pose a threat, either currently or in the future -- basically, anyone that had the potential to be exceptional.  At the time of Winter Soldier, Dr. Strange was not yet trained in magic, but he was still the world's foremost neurosurgeon, and we all know what happened to him afterwards.  Even if Project Insight didn't know he could become the Sorcerer Supreme, it knew that he would be someone intelligent/powerful/resourceful enough to be a threat to Hydra.