Captain Marvel, in theaters Mar. 8, 2019

azrael

Margot Robbie. Her performance in "Wolf of Wall Street" was solid, so she has some chops. But I wouldn't make her my first choice. I appreciate fine eye candy on screen as much as anyone, but I'm hoping the casting for Captain Marvel is less "Maxim" than some gal like Robbie. Maybe half way between "Game of Throns" and "Girls" in the glamour department. And please, oh please make it some girl who can throw a punch without looking like a tart :)

Oh yeah, Jessica Chastain is brilliant. I loved her in both Take Shelter and Zero Dark Thirty. She'd be great as a Marvel super hero. Although it might be even more awesome if some of thes casting choices like Chastain lead to ANOTHER female super hero film rather than just one.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Love the shout out to Monica Rambeau.  The other Captain Marvel.

2 hours ago, Big s said:

So Tony Stark had shirts for Black Sabbath and AC/DC, and those were in the theme music. Does this mean we get a mostly industrial soundtrack for this one?

If they have Closer in this movie that'd be freakin' hilarious.  How they'd sanitize that song for a Disney movie....:rofl:

15 hours ago, sh9000 said:

BF9221EE-7C63-41C8-AB21-3F17B6A51F91.jpeg.e459a82dfa12654d1972520422dfdb58.jpeg

8 hours ago, apptt4 said:

I bloody love digital de-aging. they never look how they REALLY did when younger, but I think it's great for the movies.

Actually, they just cheated. It looks like they just digitally 're-colored' his hair from an old unused 'Negotiator' footage. :lol: 

773-2.jpg.824a7224ada2ac68279ba9af340886a9.jpg

51 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Can Brie Larson make more than one face?

Ha! You noticed that too? ;) 

• 2 weeks later...